It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA co2 Cools Earth's Atmosphere.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There been a few threds about climate change and how the global warming stopped
a few years ago but after a very cold winter for most of us the usuall msm storys
on how warming going to get us all start to look a little out of touch with the real world.

So nasa steps in with a new climate report on how co2 is going to freeze not fry.

A recent NASA report throws the space agency into conflict with its climatologists after new NASA measurements prove that carbon dioxide acts as a coolant in Earth's atmosphere.

NASA's Langley Research Center has collated data proving that “greenhouse gases” actually block up to 95 percent of harmful solar rays from reaching our planet, thus reducing the heating impact of the sun. The data was collected by Sounding of the Atmosphere using Broadband Emission Radiometry, (or SABER). SABER monitors infrared emissions from Earth’s upper atmosphere, in particular from carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitric oxide (NO), two substances thought to be playing a key role in the energy balance of air above our planet’s surface

Principia Scientific

Nasa Link

Warming or cooling co2 still going to be taxed for environmental reasons and nothing
to do with just goverment using it to make money

There is a youtube video in the link but i won't imbed as the voice over is soooo bad i fear people
might lose the will to live while watching it and i don't want to be responsible for lots of dead
ats'ers.
edit on 20/4/2013 by skuly because: Adding

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

S&F

I hope some people will pay attention to this, and not take it as a attempt to debunk their own theory. But will realize that Global warming is a conspiracy itself.

One guy got very rich off it Al Gore.
edit on 20-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hooray for science.

The climate has been changing since it got started. And it will continue to do so.
Sure we should work to not pollute the environment, but humans are still a long way off from being cool enough to effect the global weather. No matter how much the dirty hippies want to blame people.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So possibly if not for Human produced Co2 the sun might have baked us over the last 100 years. Interesting...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Hey Skuly great find and thanks for posting. While reading I could not help but think there will be some reshuffling at NASA...Glad they published the report and it is out there....One more crack in the money game of the carbon sequesters. S&F

edit on 20-4-2013 by 727Sky because: S&F

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Global warming is a myth, it all about "there" Carbon tax!

The Earth is a lot more resilient than most people think and she also moves in cycles.

To think us clever monkeys could actually influence the global environment of the planet to the extent where we are responsible for global warming is sheer arrogance on our part IMHO!
edit on 20-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

It's not your street level enviromentalist (dirty hippy) you should blame
as they been told for years that co2 is evil by msm and just think they doing
the right thing.

Blame the goverments and it's vested intrests for twisting the green agenda just
to make money off people guilt that they killing the earth.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Whew! Now I can pull the Hummer out of the garage and fire it up without feeling guilty!

And now, I can exhale.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
sandf
funny how all the measurements show the opposite of what the models show
but since there is more money to be made from from the dishonest models
we will go with that

This is complete nonsense. Tide gauges show a constant rate of post glacial subsidence since 1850. Sea level there has nothing to do with “man made CO2″

stevengoddard.wordpress.com...
edit on 20-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Pollution effects the planet. To think otherwise is the height of folly and stupidity.
To think we can't make a positive effect on the planet by working to reduce pollution is the same.

So there you have it.
M.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Moshpet because: M+A+T+H = 42

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So...this is their way to make people keep paying the hefty carbon tax because they are going to get us one way or another. Freeze and pay through heating costs or swelter and pay through air conditioning costs.

Thank you so much for the SPIN to make the robbery justifiable to the sheeple. It is friggin freezing here almost the end of April and it is snowing. I guess they are waking up to people realizing something is definately not right. We are so taxed to death and I for one am so sick of it.

Problem is the majority of people don't care that volcanoes are waking up and shooting CO2 into the atmosphere and there is something wrong with the sun, even NASA can't figure that one out so blame it on us. They all need their taxes to fix the mess they made in the first place.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
All this proves is that NASA and Science itself is Full of Crap. They can make the outcome anything they want it to be depending on the current agenda.

Really people.. they have been studying this for over 30 years now and your gonna tell me NASA can get away suddenly with doing an about face as large as this?

Alarms should be going off in your heads like klaxons on D-day.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
S&F.....I don't think that the writer of the NASA article was saying what the other article says he said though. The energy barrior of the CO2 does help to deflect solar energy but also temporarily holds it too. It is better possibly for solar flares but the increased level also slowly warms the earth. It is like heat hitting the heat duct, raising the energy hitting it makes it more efficient at deflecting it.

Overall bad isn't covered by the good it can do from a solar event unless the solar event is extremely large. I still think we need to cut waste.....Not tax anyone. CO2 emmissions seem to be just a minor part of our stupidity here on earth. Destroying the ecosystem with chemicals and deforesting major sections of the world are the worst things that we do now. Give us cheaper energy and we waste more of it. Half of mankind is just plain stupid.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm kind of surprised to see that no one seems to know the difference between the thermosphere and the lower atmosphere. There's no contradiction here just an epic dose of ignorance. Heat itself doesn't behave the same way in the thermosphere as it does in the troposphere. Though the thermosphere is thousands of degrees hot if you were to stick your hand out of a space ship at that level, it would feel cold. That's because molecules don't behave the same way up there as they do down here.

Greenhouse gases absorb/trap and reflect heat regardless of what layer of the atmosphere they are in. Here's the difference... in the thermosphere they reflect back out into space, in the troposphere... they reflect back toward earth. Think of it like 2 mirrors back to back with their reflective sides facing out.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Thanks Op cool thread, it reminds me of something I read a while ago about the earths climate usually swings rapidly and the stable period we are in is ab normal. I don't have a source for this but I will try and find one. The weather will always change and there is a whole lot we can do about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

So nasa steps in with a new climate report on how co2 is going to freeze not fry.
I'm sorry. I don't see anywhere in that article where anything is said about climate. Nor do I see where is it said that increasing levels of CO2 in the lower atmosphere has a cooling effect. Can you point that out for me. It is my understanding that the thermosphere is actually the outer reaches of the atmosphere. I don't think what goes on up there has much to do with what goes on 50 miles below.

The article would seem to be about the effects of coronal mass ejections on the upper atmosphere. It is my understanding that it is not CMEs which cause the heating of the lower atmosphere (where CO2 levels are increasing), but infrared radiation. It seems the quoted article is in error when it says:

NASA's Langley Research Center has collated data proving that “greenhouse gases” actually block up to 95 percent of harmful solar rays from reaching our planet, thus reducing the heating impact of the sun.

CMEs are not "harmful solar rays", they are clouds of plasma.

But maybe I completely misunderstood what the NASA article says.

Or maybe the OP did. The folks at Principia Scientific certainly did.

edit on 4/20/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am with Phage. The original nasa story says nothing that the other website implies.

and heres is what most scientists think of Principia scientific international

Omg you lot are so intellectually challenged it defies belief

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There is only one response to this information.

NASA, and everyone who worked on this study, are "GLOBAL WARMING DENIERS."

To date, all those who dare to question the fact of global warming, or global climate change, or whatever, have been labeled a heretic, and an enemy of the state/earth/humanity etc. by labeling them "deniers." "Global warming denier xyz says..." and so on. So now, and until forever, NASA must be qualified with the same distinction.

"Global warming deniers NASA says..."

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

All this proves is that NASA and Science itself is Full of Crap. They can make the outcome anything they want it to be depending on the current agenda.
No. It shows that with new tools new things are learned. That's how science works.

But there is nothing from NASA which says that CO2 has a cooling effect on the lower atmosphere. You see, up there in the thermosphere (sometimes called "space"), when CO2 absorbs energy from energetic solar particles it releases it back into space in the form of infrared radiation. At lower levels of the atmosphere it can't really do that because the infrared radiation gets reabsorbed because it isn't "space", there's a lot more CO2 down here than there is 50 miles up. But even so, the thermosphere did heat up...a lot...and that's what the article is about.

During the heating impulse, the thermosphere puffed up like a marshmallow held over a campfire, temporarily increasing the drag on low-orbiting satellites.

science.nasa.gov...

But even with that heating, it really doesn't do much down here where it matters.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
There is only one response to this information.

NASA, and everyone who worked on this study, are "GLOBAL WARMING DENIERS."

The response is that there is a complete lack of understanding by a lot of people on what was observed.
Nothing in the NASA article has anything to do with climate. Did you read it? It's about what happened at the edge of space.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join