It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch this! [Epic]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I would love to leave a lengthy comment but it would spoil the whole experience.

Increase the sound on your computer lay back and watch this awesome thing.

I can only say...Holy Mahatma! LOL
edit on 20-4-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

All I can think of is billy bob thorton in the movie Pushing Tin. HAHA!!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Star and flag. Pretty dope

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Haha! I'd call them stupid, but I'd done it too.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Cool. Guess ya had to be there. I'd rather be flyin' that beast, personally. Talk about a rush! Woohoo

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT
Cool. Guess ya had to be there. I'd rather be flyin' that beast, personally. Talk about a rush! Woohoo

Yep. That was the sound of 4 General Electric F101 engines In full afterburner mode, producing a thrust of totally 120,000 pounds-force..around 300 feet above the guys scalp...talk about rush and crazy dopes...A bit lower and they would have been crispy burgers...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wish I knew somewhere it was legal to do that around here (Vallejo)....
I'd welcome whatever security stuff I'd have to go through if they'd let me an my kids do that just once, that's gotta be a rush.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We made the mistake of parking a little to close to the end-of-runway pad when one was taking off. Cracked the damn windshield...

Of course, an F-15E flew directly overhead in full burner while I was working on another aircraft at the E.O.R. pad... blew out my left eardrum... (ear protection is not infallible at those decibel levels)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Epic?

You want epic forward to 2:00

Now that's old school epic

Cody

edit on 20/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Yep. That was the sound of 4 General Electric F101 engines In full afterburner mode, producing a thrust of totally 120,000 pounds-force..around 300 feet above the guys scalp...talk about rush and crazy dopes...A bit lower and they would have been crispy burgers...

AWESOME JOHN!!
I've never written awesome in all caps before for an ATS thread.
One more...AWESOME!!!!
Super duper amazing.
I would have loved to have been there.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Now imagine standing on the taxiway next to the runway, about the 9,000 foot mark (right where the nose gear comes unstuck), while four of those do that, 30 seconds apart. THAT is epic. My chest didn't stop vibrating for a good two minutes after #4 was airborne, and my hearing didn't come back completely for a couple minutes after that.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
Of course, an F-15E flew directly overhead in full burner while I was working on another aircraft at the E.O.R. pad... blew out my left eardrum... (ear protection is not infallible at those decibel levels)

We had a couple of dozen aircraft in for the 50th anniversary of the end of WWII, to do a flyby parade of downtown Honolulu. About 90 minutes before Air Force One lands, a guy from Honolulu DOT walks in, with a landing light pole from off the end of the runway, that's bent at a 45 degree angle or so. He says "You might want to check your aircraft." The F-15E guys came in not long after, and said "Hey, our pilot says he landed right behind that B-1, and he hit some debris or something, you might want to check him out."

We went out and checked the B-1, nothing. Went to the F-15, and the aft fuselage, next to the #1 engine had a landing light, and wiring sticking out of a whole about the size of a doubled fist. Oops.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'm jealous. There's gotta be no better feeling in the world, then piloting a fighter jet. Or any jet for that matter! Definitely got the blood pumping just watching, but still jealous. Should've followed my family's advice and joined the Air Force. Oh well, I can always try to push my girls and live vicariously through them
Cool videos, y'all !

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Sexy huh

The only sound better IMHO is this

Skip to 1:20

Cody

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Originally posted by madmac5150

We had a couple of dozen aircraft in for the 50th anniversary of the end of WWII, to do a flyby parade of downtown Honolulu. About 90 minutes before Air Force One lands, a guy from Honolulu DOT walks in, with a landing light pole from off the end of the runway, that's bent at a 45 degree angle or so. He says "You might want to check your aircraft." The F-15E guys came in not long after, and said "Hey, our pilot says he landed right behind that B-1, and he hit some debris or something, you might want to check him out."

We went out and checked the B-1, nothing. Went to the F-15, and the aft fuselage, next to the #1 engine had a landing light, and wiring sticking out of a whole about the size of a doubled fist. Oops.

Nice! Like the day I was at E.O.R. when I worked A-10s in the early 90s... had a pilot taxi in with branches and crap in the gear pods. I asked the pilot on the coms if he was flying a little low that day... he said "yeah... bout treetop level"

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You should hear those things from the inside. They scare the hell out you on the ground. I got to fly in a B-25 once, and those things sputter and pop and make you think "Oh god we're gonna die" while they idle.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yeah, cool stuff

I'll have to get my pics on here (sorry no video). My family is all military (several generations now) so we can't even take a vacation anywhere without stopping by some kinda naval air museum or my all time favorite Blue Angels Air Show on the beach! Totally rocks your face off
Getting a hot mama pic made next to any fighter jet is the ultimate. My kids hate me for it lol! But I just can't help myself
I've got some really awesome pics from my last family vacation, just no video. I'll have to find some to put up here (minus the hot mama lol).

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

One of my favorites still, was the F-15 driver who was wingman for the Alaska Wing Commander (he liked to fly to Hickam for conferences in an F-15). They had departed the previous day, and returned. So they were preflighting, and he says "We're going today even if I lose an engine on take-off." Everyone took a step back.

He hits V1, stag light comes on (oil pressure issue). He decides to abort, pulls the throttles back to idle, #1 goes to idle, #2 goes to military. He drops the hook, catches the barrier on the far end, stops in the approach numbers on the wrong end of the runway. He told my father he thought about ejecting, but wasn't sure who'd shut the engine down. My father turned him towards the aircraft, and said "You see that ocean out there? That would have taken care of it." (8R at Honolulu is man made runway out in the Pacific) He melted all three brakes, blew all three tires, FOD damage to both engines, and cracks around the tail hook (210 knots at capture). Plane sat there for a month making repairs to get it well enough for a one time flight to the depot.
edit on 4/20/2013 by Zaphod58 because: Because I can't tell my left runway from my right runway.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This thread is full of awesome! 1st- JohnCarters sack-grabbing awesome video followed by the next awesome thruster take off by Cody and then Cody's dot on the exclamation mark with the roaring pistons flyby...

My wife thinks I'm such a geek for loving this kind of thing. I even like to watch regular commercial jets take off. What I wouldn't give to have been there for that first video though...just awesome!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by cody599

You should hear those things from the inside. They scare the hell out you on the ground. I got to fly in a B-25 once, and those things sputter and pop and make you think "Oh god we're gonna die" while they idle.

I was lucky enough as a younger man to be flown in the City of Lincoln

I dated the pilot's daughter when I was about 17 (I can date it by the bike I was riding )

The flight is my overriding memory of that relationship
Better than sex ?

HELL YEAH

<<   2 >>

join