It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Boston celebrate Martial Law with chants of ‘USA, USA’?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not to often we agree neo but I don't get it either .

The other night I was bouncing an idea off my wife as maybe it is conditioning people to such nationalism to the point of where the nazi's were at or pretty damn close .

much to my surprise also when I saw people said they were happy with the military there full gear keeping guard at the boston hockey game the next day on the news .

Kinda does seems to me that is where usa is heading sadly

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So what do you geniuses think they should have done?

They had a shootout with the suspects. They were well armed, with guns and explosives. They showed a willingness to kill innocents. One escaped, and in the area he escaped, people were ASKED.. not ordered, to stay indoors. Many did not do that, they went to work. Once the authorities realized that, they said people were free to go home, but again.. no orders. Since the kid WAS in the neighborhood, and he DID let loose with gunfire, their fears were well founded.

So apparently martial law is now authorities requesting people to help with a manhunt, and when people help out as requested, they are sad Americans who willingly submit to Martial law? Are you kidding me?

So what do you suggest people have done instead? Purposely roamed the streets to show how they won't be intimidated by the government? Perhaps getting shot in the process, or allowed the bomber escape?

No one was arrested. ALL involved said the police were very professional, and no one felt their rights were infringed upon. Oh.. but I forgot.. you folks are on ATS! Therefore you clearly know what constitutes someone's rights being tread upon.. if it's NOT EVEN YOU. Brilliant.

I honestly don't know why I waste my time in these threads. There is nothing.. and I mean NOTHING the government can do, that you won't rant on them for. There is no event that will occur that you won't call a false flag. To you folks, there are no actual criminals, terrorists, crazy folks, or heck, even natural disasters! It's all an illusion - all cleverly conducted by our evil government. 10,000 Americans can say "I felt they handled it professionally," and you'd laugh at them and call them ignorant for being "sheeple." Because you are just all knowing like that.

Sometimes the government pisses me off. But honestly many of you do so even more. Why do you choose to live in such a horrible, freedom-stealing, false-flag around every corner nation? Move! Please.. for all our sakes, move. Save yourselves! You can freely move.. I don't know why our wicked government would allow it, but it seems you can leave the country at any time. I'd suggest you do it before you too, are victim to another horrible false flag, rights-stealing event!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

That's the biggest irony of all and what many fail to see, but you bet that the opportunity to legislate against American citizens in the name of security will come next.

Meanwhile billions or trillions of dollars given to cement the police state in the name of security while feeding the "interested private groups keeps ongoing and we are still not safe, but is one thing that is been spoon fed to the public, that everything the government do is for the good of the nation.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

what a piece of crap that goof with his gun pointed at some guy at his house taking a picture , what a huge piece of crap . ( i am finding it difficult to refrain from the using the words i want to )

and people think this is ok and are chanting usa usa usa .

sadly tho it doesn't surprise me very much
to bad the home owner didn't grab his gun and point it back .

I would of at least gestured it to the goof

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

what a piece of crap that goof with his gun pointed at some guy at his house taking a picture , what a huge piece of crap . ( i am finding it difficult to refrain from the using the words i want to )

Hmmm.. I dunno.. at the crime seen, a law enforcement looks up and sees someone pointing something at him. He reacts. Clearly he didn't shoot - he probably realized what was happening, but instincts would probably make anyone do that. I think it's pretty stupid for people to take videos everywhere they go now.. even at a crime scene where bullets are flying. That youtube video is a lot more important than your life after all!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

-9000 officers in Waterdown

-Dozens of SWAT Teams have been deployed

- Multiple bomb squads in play making ‘controlled detonations’ of suspect packages

- Teams of sniffer dogs have been deployed for house to house searches in the wider urban area

– Public transport has been shut down until further notice

- Use of Taxis restricted

- Access to hospital facilities have been restricted

- Banks are closed

- Major professional and sporting events all canceled

- Police have commandeered areas of town as staging areas

Ya, all to take down one suspect. Did they do this in LA with Dorner? You may well decide that our "rights" are meaningless, but luckily for us, your opinion is mute. As to the cheering, well - people cheered on other dictators in the past, when those who refuse to learn from history are sure to repeat it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well if thats the case their pretty dumb. What if this guy was set up what if they got the wrong guy.They'll see and they will be all dumbfounded.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
And once they caught their suspect, that all went away, didn't it. You are surprised they cancelled sporting events, when terrorists armed with explosives were still on the loose?

They didn't know what they were dealing with. They had a flipping firefight in the middle of town, with guns and explosives! One of the suspects was able to steal one of their police suvs! Shutting down transportation and keeping the streets clear accomplished their goal. The guy had nowhere to go, no way to get there, and they did catch him within 24 hours. Mission accomplished imo.

Again - please suggest what they should have done instead? Just told everyone "Well, there is a bomber loose that might kill you - but just go about your daily business and be careful out there!"

Imo, they are just inexperienced with terrorism of this degree in our country. In some countries, this is commonplace. In the U.S., it is not. So both the response and the reaction (chanting USA), are both overdone imo.. but, I also think they wanted to stop this incident without any more loss of life. Which they accomplished.

Please tell me what YOU would have told the public if YOU were chief of police, FBI, etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

You can post that information all you want and still pro government actions crowd will tell you that is not called "martial law".

"just for your safety"

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

No one was arrested. ALL involved said the police were very professional, and no one felt their rights were infringed upon. Oh.. but I forgot.. you folks are on ATS! Therefore you clearly know what constitutes someone's rights being tread upon.. if it's NOT EVEN YOU. Brilliant.

A man was forced to the ground at gunpoint, stripped naked, photographed by the media while naked, taken to the P.D.

He'd done NOTHING wrong, did not match the suspect's description, and all because he dared to be outside after being asked nicely by the authorities to not be there. Yeah, you're right. We're totally overreacting.

link   
reply to post by fleabit

So they can't keep on posting the perps picture, ask the public to phone in if they see him? Does the prep have super stealth tech that he can move unseen? You don't have to shut down an entire city to capture one individual. You don't have to enter every home to search for the suspect.

and the worst thing of this is - after all the mess (at a cost of over 300 million), they still didn't catch the guy, after the "for your own good" was over, the perp was found by a citizen......who then called the police.

Which is how they should have handled it.
edit on 20-4-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Hmmm.. I dunno.. at the crime seen, a law enforcement looks up and sees someone pointing something at him. He reacts. Clearly he didn't shoot - he probably realized what was happening, but instincts would probably make anyone do that. I think it's pretty stupid for people to take videos everywhere they go now.. even at a crime scene where bullets are flying. That youtube video is a lot more important than your life after all!

did you not notice the look in his face , he was trying to intimidate the guy , he was angry , and doing his job .
and people think their troops would never do this to an american law biding citizen out on his deck or try to enforce martial law from their superiors down the chain of command , that is all these people know , just know how to do what they are told that is it .

and no some guy taking a video or picture at me doesn't kick in my instincts to point a fire arm at him lol
they guy clearly showed no restraint . much like the swat out side that dudes door with his baby in his arm pointing their fire arms at him. could of they just asked with out their fire arms drawn instead of probably terrorized the poor guy while holding his child with fire arms pointed at his head .

ETA the point is why the hell is the military patrolling the streets , that is what law enforcement is for . is this not against the Constitution?

This was a law enforcement issue local state and federal , not the military
edit on 20/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
the fact they were cheering for the police is what makes me sick. the police in this country have killed way more innocent people than the bombs killed. they are by far worst than terrorists

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

. I think it's pretty stupid for people to take videos everywhere they go now.. even at a crime scene where bullets are flying.That youtube video is a lot more important than your life after all!

LOLOLOL OMG!!! Did you really say that???? WOW We have descended far further than even I imagined (and I have a BIG imagination)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Maybe they were cheering the fact that they are safe from two jihadist muslims who were out to kill them. And that they are safe from them because of brave American first responders.

This is something that has been bothering me. I listen to everyone talk about the heroes that are the first responders, and not to take anything from them, but what about the by far greater number of people that first respond to things like the US drone attacks that even our government admits kills many innocent people. Where is the admiration for these heroes?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
IMO we are really hurting our cause when we make complaints when they have gone by the book. We start to sound like we are just being contrary instead of actually standing for freedom.

This was not martial law. There was not even national guard, just law enforcement. The way its sopsto be. The stay in your home order was voluntary unless there were operations going on right out your door. Even then you can see the neighborhood gathered around during the apprehension. I took a walk with my daughter to get smokes. Nobody ran up and shoved you on the ground….

There was news crews stuck in the middle of gun fights, filming cops taking up positions before entering a home where they had suspicion he might have been hold up – and the news station got flooded with calls to shut the G%@* DA%#* cameras off. You don’t have that in a police state. The cops had to make a public request for people not to tweet and post their positions – for the officers safety. Again, not your typical police state wouldn’t you think?

This was local PD run, and btw you can’t be Boston pd or fire unless you live in the city. Every cop is one of our neighbors, not some force with their foot on our neck. They answered every little call by anybody over any little thing because that was one of their primary missions – to restore a sense of freedom from fear. I was downtown a few times over these days and I can tell you that’s what it was like. They were great, polite, and – requesting – help.

A family with young children in Watertown was out of milk during the lock down ...

I’m very sorry but this was truly a community effort, Boston is a very tight city that is amazingly crime free for the most part. We IMO are really really hurting our position and the fight against true tyranny when we snatch defeat out of the mouth of victory by calling foul when no foul has been done. Even in Mayberry on the Andy Griffith show, when a bank robber was on the loose, you would see the state cops come in and set up road blocks to get him (then barney would stumble into him and …). We should focus on real issues or we will substantiate the assumption we have nothing real to say.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

-9000 officers in Waterdown

-Dozens of SWAT Teams have been deployed

- Multiple bomb squads in play making ‘controlled detonations’ of suspect packages

- Teams of sniffer dogs have been deployed for house to house searches in the wider urban area

– Public transport has been shut down until further notice

- Use of Taxis restricted

- Access to hospital facilities have been restricted

- Banks are closed

- Major professional and sporting events all canceled

- Police have commandeered areas of town as staging areas

Ya, all to take down one suspect. Did they do this in LA with Dorner? You may well decide that our "rights" are meaningless, but luckily for us, your opinion is mute. As to the cheering, well - people cheered on other dictators in the past, when those who refuse to learn from history are sure to repeat it.

Well worth repeating.......

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2013 by neo96 because: never mind

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's a big-city/dense population kind of thing.

I think someone else said it, but people in rural areas have to take care of each other and themselves much more than people in the country's largest cities. (I think Boston is the 6th largest?)

It usually takes someone from one of these big cities a couple of years to start thinking for themselves when they move to a more rural/remote area. It's funny to watch happen actually.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boston
There was not even national guard, just law enforcement.

Ahem... National guard in Boston Manhunt

National guard in Boston Manhunt

National guard in Boston Manhunt

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join