It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Boston celebrate Martial Law with chants of ‘USA, USA’?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Honestly, Im confused with it all. I guess the sheeple are willing to give up freedoms for the ever evolving security.
I posted this in another thread. We are inundated with security, and Big Government, and still they cant get it right. One of the Terrorists was even checked by the FBI. Keystone Cops come to mind........

* Some 1,271 government organizations and 1,931 private companies work on programs related to counterterrorism, homeland security and intelligence in about 10,000 locations across the United States.

* An estimated 854,000 people, nearly 1.5 times as many people as live in Washington, D.C., hold top-secret security clearances.

* In Washington and the surrounding area, 33 building complexes for top-secret intelligence work are under construction or have been built since September 2001. Together they occupy the equivalent of almost three Pentagons or 22 U.S. Capitol buildings - about 17 million square feet of space.

* Many security and intelligence agencies do the same work, creating redundancy and waste. For example, 51 federal organizations and military commands, operating in 15 U.S. cities, track the flow of money to and from terrorist networks.

* Analysts who make sense of documents and conversations obtained by foreign and domestic spying share their judgment by publishing 50,000 intelligence reports each year - a volume so large that many are routinely ignored.

A hidden world, growing beyond control

I could make a thread on this by itself.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just goes to show that those who will accept the relinquishing of freedoms in exchange for "security" deserve neither.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
most likely the fbi not only cleared them
they recruited them
then screwed them
just like they have done so many times before

In fanatsy land yes but, this time we are dealing with reality. Of course this ATS where we get a subject like the OP that talks about Martial Law. It is everything people accuse the MSM of, a title full of hyperbowl and fear mongering with not basis in fact unless we are now making up our own meaning to martial law.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

"The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with, and even pay for, a good deal of rubbish."
-Justice Robert Jefferson 1892-1954) U. S. Supreme Court Justice

What price, freedom?

Have we finally seen an agreeable price? Have we become our own Judas and accepted 30 pieces of silver only to betray the ideals of freedom and self-determination?

We rail against DHS, TSA and the Patriot Act, but apparently it is just paid lip-service until things get scary. Then we gladly accept our "price" and turn our heads away from liberty and freedom.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by beezzer

Just goes to show that those who will accept the relinquishing of freedoms in exchange for "security" deserve neither.

And it was all done without firing a single shot.
edit on 20-4-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The Russians handed us a problem.

It's how we SOLVED it, that I find issue with.

That is the problem. How we handle things. Local Law Enforcement I didn't have a problem with. Shutting down transportation, like buses, etc I don't have a problem with. Telling folks to stay indoors? You have to ask yourself would these guys try to take hostages? They already did. Minimizing a growing death toll, I have no problem with. Local or State enforcement forcing themselves into homes? I have a problem with that.

FBI having this guy on their radar, and letting him go? I have a big problem with that. Potential Terrorist not being a citizen of the United States, given an open door to the public? Big Problem. They should have shipped him back to Russia as soon as the Russians asked the US to "talk" with him. MHO

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Beyond the fact that nothing approaching martial law occurred yesterday - and that the few security precautions that did exist lasted for a few hours and ended at 6 p.m. - there is major flaw with the premise of this thread:

People were cheering not because they lacked freedom but because they (voluntarily) supported the police procedures, agreed with them, were glad that they were effective, and excited to enjoy their city again without living in perpetual fear.

The thing that restricted Bostonians' freedom was the terrorist running around the city, not the police attempting to capture him and keep the peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

On April 19th, 1995, Tim McVeigh set off a bomb that killed 168 people and left hundreds injured.
Oklahoma City was not shut down. McVeigh was caught, had a trial and was executed.

We now have another bombing. 4 dead total. Nearly 200 injured.
Boston and Watertown were shut down. Thousands of state and federal agents imposed "security measures" that left hundreds of thousands of people trapped in their homes. Now there is even talk of treating this 19 year old as an enemy combatant, so no trial either.

I see a terrifying trend here.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Basically Neo, it was like they were thanking TSA agents for the full body cavity search.

Precisely, except the TSA can only grope you if you choose to go to the airport. Citizens in Boston were getting fisted by a quasi-gestapo in the privacy of their own living rooms. I wonder how many of those homeowners asked to see a search warrant.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckrogerstime
Beyond the fact that nothing approaching martial law occurred yesterday -

Yup, nothing at all. This is perfectly normal. This is what we see every day when Police are looking for a suspect.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buckrogerstime

Sadly with all the so call "safety measures", billion dollars intelligence gathering agencies and all the spying on American citizens we are not safer than the day before the Boston bombing.

We are no safe, never was and never will, enemies walks among us, but the biggest enemy is the one that keep eroding and taking away the ability of citizens in this nation to take care of themselves, while providing a lie of safety, obviously all the waste and abuse and spying do not help with the bombing in Boston.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

On April 19th, 1995, Tim McVeigh set off a bomb that killed 168 people and left hundreds injured.
Oklahoma City was not shut down. McVeigh was caught, had a trial and was executed.

Boston and Watertown were shut down. Thousands of state and federal agents imposed "security measures" that left hundreds of thousands of people trapped in their homes. Now there is even talk of treating this 19 year old as an enemy combatant, so no trial either.

Hypothetical.

Do you think if those same measures were in place in Oklahoma City, they would have found Tim McVeigh sooner? Lets not forget "how" they got Tim........

Like the arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald, the "capture" of Timothy McVeigh was an incredible stroke of timing and luck. Like Oswald, who was arrested for walking into a movie theater without paying, McVeigh would be arrested for speeding down the highway with a conspicuously missing license plate.

"No Stone Unturned"

BTW, Ironic the McVeigh/Oswald link......

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Uh, the difference here is that Oklahoma police easily pulled over and arrested McVeigh, while the terrorist in this case went on a violent rampage across several neighborhoods with explosives and firefights.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by buckrogerstime
Beyond the fact that nothing approaching martial law occurred yesterday -

Yup, nothing at all. This is perfectly normal. This is what we see every day when Police are looking for a suspect.

Actually, that looks comparable to police responses to all sorts of major crimes over the last fifty years (riots, bank robberies, mass shootings).

You seem to have the misapprehension that state police are not allowed to use public streets or knock on doors while attempting to capture violent criminals.
edit on 20-4-2013 by buckrogerstime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I posted this on the bottom of page 2 still waiting on an answer

I don't fault anyone calling it martial law if someone has another term for when the government, and police forces, armed with "assault" weapons out numbered the civilian unarmed population on the streets feel free to enlighten me

Anyone feel free.
edit on 20-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I don't fault anyone calling martial law if someone has another term for when the government, and police forces, armed with "assault" weapons out numbered the civilian unarmed population on the streets feel free to enlighten me

Anyone feel free

What? No, that is not martial law. "Officers armed with assault weapons outnumbering the civilian unarmed population on the streets" is the definition of a police force. It is basically a predicate for all civilizations. That is why violent criminals do not rape, murder, and pillage everyone in your town endlessly.
edit on 20-4-2013 by buckrogerstime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Then my reply to you both would be that simple apprehension of a suspect is the cause of 9000 federal and state agents going door to door?

An unusual justification, or do you feel it justified, since they didn't apprehend the suspect on their own.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Because they caught the suspect....I doubt that they would feel the same way if it was an arbitrary state of martial law.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Show of police force in full combat gear with tactical vehicles close to tanks, against the efficiency of a special services agency going after one single individual lacks comparison.

This was nothing but a show of force for the masses to get use to what is to come.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I don't fault anyone calling it martial law if someone has another term for when the government, and police forces, armed with "assault" weapons out numbered the civilian unarmed population on the streets feel free to enlighten me

Anyone feel free.

I think they are calling it "Security Measures".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join