It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Boston celebrate Martial Law with chants of ‘USA, USA’?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Arrogance!

of the American war machine... it's the patriotic thing to do! (pseudopatriotic)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Well dear I am not ashamed of anything and never will, been a patriot and knowing how our nation is turning into is nothing to be ashamed for.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Maybe they were cheering the fact that they are safe from two jihadist muslims who were out to kill them. And that they are safe from them because of brave American first responders. And maybe they were cheering because, even though they 'sheltered in place' for a few hours, they are now free to enjoy America once again ....

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I just hope you know what your constitution fundamentalisms are doing and hope that what you call patriotism over this clear and present dangerous terrorist incident will not result in America turning into Pakistan, Iraq, Nigeria or Afganistan whereby terrorists roam freely, kill innocent men, women and children at will, and nothing done to them.

Even scarier is that those nations do not abide by even a Constitution set up by themselves, and yet terrorism thrives there.

If US which is a nation ruled by law and flexible enough to react to clear and present dangers is stifled by you fundamentalist kind, its gonna be a sad future for the next generations as they will be unprotected, and unable to be flexible enough to deal with crisises that springs up, as fundamentalism rules.

Have we mankind learnt nothing on the mistakes of fundamentalism?

edit on 20-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So those who find nothing wrong with all of this have no problems with The Patriot Act, DHS, TSA?

You all are for these agencies and their draconian policies as well?

Because I would hate to point out any hypocrisy in your cheering of yesterdays actions.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If the only way for the authorities to do their job is to deny the rights and freedoms of an entire cities population, then they are doing it wrong.

The thing is .. none of this needed to happen.

The Russians warned us about the older brother.
The FBI should have had him on their radar.
But instead, the FBI cleared him.
When the brother went back to Russia for 6 months
(and got terrorist training)
The FBI should have known that.

The Russians basically handed us a terrorist .... without any work on our part.
If the FBI had been more on top of the case, none of this would have happened.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Maybe they were cheering the fact that they are safe from two jihadist muslims who were out to kill them. And that they are safe from them because of brave American first responders. And maybe they were cheering because, even though they 'sheltered in place' for a few hours, they are now free to enjoy America once again ....

There is no such thing as being "safe" in America.

It is an illusion.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sometimes the voice of reason comes and post, I love your post, is a very lovely way to see things, Thanks.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sadly that is truth, America is never safe, we may get the sense of safety but we are not, we are the ones with our destinies in our hands, not the government, because the enemy walks among us.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Sadly that is truth, America is never safe,

Yep

If a criminal don't get you, a mass shooter will.
If a mass stabber don't get you, a terrorist will.
If none of those don't get you a politician will.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The Russians handed us a problem.

It's how we SOLVED it, that I find issue with.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The Russians handed us a problem.
It's how we SOLVED it, that I find issue with.

That's just it .... it shouldn't have needed solving at all.

The first responders and the police on the ground ... they did what they could with what they were handed. But they shouldn't have had to deal with these guys at all. They shouldn't have had to check homes. None of it. The higher ups at the FBI who got the info from the Russians dropped it. They cleared the older brother. They didn't have him on a watch list so he wasn't 'flagged' when he went to Russia for six months for terrorist training. They didn't inform local Boston law officials that this guy was a suspected terrorist. If they had, the cops would have been banging down his door within hours of the bombing ....

I see the higher ups at the FBI messing up.

I see the average people - the ambulance drivers and the local cops on the ground - being brave and having to deal with a mess that was handed to them because the FBI upper levels messed up ....

Anyways .. that's what I see ...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Fundamentalism is not limited to middle eastern countries with certain religious views.

Fundamentalism thrives every where and in every society where certain groups wants to change their nations and their society in the name of their personal understanding of what rules and laws should be the enforced.

Fundamentalism respect none that is not friendly to their way of thinking.

America is full of fundamentalism, is just that because we have been drilled that fundamentalism is only of religious nature and link to terrorism many Americans have not clue of how is affecting them in everyday lives.

You have no clue how fundamentalism works and how much power it have in our American society thanks to money, power and greed.

edit on 20-4-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
most likely the fbi not only cleared them
they recruited them
then screwed them
just like they have done so many times before

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
So how would this have played out to your satisfaction ?
Armed citizens looking for the fugitive? "Stay back police
we just shot him...oh crap? Not him? Well we shot someone
who looked like him..now wait is that a black dude coming out of that
store with candy? What's he doing in this affluent neighborhood?
Ok we shot him too.... now... where's that extremely typical looking teenager?"
USA USA USA.. Better?

If it helps, pretend that it was a President Ron Paul
that gave the order. Amazing difference right?
edit on 20-4-2013 by sealing because: Lunacy

This may be the most ignorant comment I have seen in a very long time. No one here has suggested anything remotely close to vigilante justice, which is exactly what you are describing.

Here is the US we have caught criminals before. When the DC Sniper spent 3 weeks killing people, did we shut down Washington DC? Did we restrict the travel of everyone who lived in the areas surrounding DC? Did we enter homes in Maryland, Virgina or in DC itself at any time at all?

In this particular case, Police set up check points on the highways around the area of the shootings, but they did not search every car. Why is that? They did not do it then because to do so without any suspicion of wrong doing, would be illegal. It would violate the rights of those who were not the DC Shooter.

I ask that everyone who reads this post from this point on, open your mind. Try to follow along this train I thought I have which I feel best explains my position on this. Let us all put away any idea in our head. Let us forget the Conspiracy Theories, the possibility of false flag events. Let us look at "terrorism".

After the attacks of 9/11 on September 20, 2001, then President George Bush said in front of a joint session of Congress and televised to millions of homes across the Country the following words in a speech that addressed this Countries response to the 9/11 attacks. Again I ask, put aside any theories. Just view these words with the idea of true terrorism in mind.

Americans are asking, "What is expected of us?"

I ask you to live your lives and hug your children. I know many citizens have fears tonight, and I ask you to be calm and resolute, even in the face of a continuing threat.

I ask you to uphold the values of America and remember why so many have come here. We're in a fight for our principles, and our first responsibility is to live by them.

Yesterday the Police instilled Martial Law in this area for the purpose of catching a 19 year old suspect with a gun. We can disagree on the words "Martial Law" if you would like, but let us look at the facts.

#1. They prevented people from leaving their homes.

#2 They forced some people from their homes.

#3 They restricted travel within the area by stopping Taxis from running and shutting down all public transportation.

#4 They searched homes, with no warrant, no probable cause, and no suspicions of wrong doing.

#5 The only crime these home owners are guilty of is living in an area where the Police are trying to catch a suspect of a crime.

These 5 points are facts that are simply not disputable. This is admitted to by every news media source, even Police themselves on live TV newscast and press conferences. Again I remind you, no conspiracy stuff, no false flag stuff. No ideas of programming or ulterior motives and nefarious purposes. Just real talk.

Now ask yourself.....

How often in the news is there a report of a suspect with a gun? Is this the type of response you want every single time the Police are looking for a suspect of a crime?

There is a reason why we have not seen this type of response before. That reason is because it violates the rights of people who are not criminals.

Now we can argue that the Police while doing all this did so in the best interest of society, but are you willing to trade away your rights for security? Because that is exactly what we witnessed in Boston. We did not see this type of response to the DC Sniper attacks or the Son of Sam killings.

We could argue these examples and make a strong case that if Police responded to these crimes in the same fashion as they did in Boston, we would have captured these criminals much sooner and even saved lives by doing so, but by doing so are we living up to the responsibility of living up to our own principles? The same principles that this Country was founded on and the very principles that we have lived up to for 236 years.

Sadly, today that answer is "No" and the people cheered and begged for it, all the while covering themselves in the cloth of "Patriotism" and chanting "USA".

In my opinion what happened today is a bigger tragedy than the bombing itself.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Thank you MrWendal I have not seen you much lately in the forums, I agree and that is my point but for some reason some people can not grasp the historical implication of what went on yesterday in Boston, some here like me see this and analyze the situation and we have come to the same conclusion, this is unprecedented.

I wish more people will understand the gravity of the Boston events yesterdays, but I see it as a test on peoples will and the establishment of what I call the truth face of a police state.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I've been here. I have just been more of a sad, speechless lurker lately.

Originally posted by FlyersFan

They say history should be our guide. Those who do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it. SO let us look at history...

March 9, 1938. Austrian Chancellor Kurt von Schuschnigg called for a National Vote to decide if Austria should forfeit their National sovereignty and be Annexed into a German State.

March 11, 1938. Austrian Chancellor Kurt von Schuschnigg resigned. In his resignation address he pleaded with Austrian forces not to resist a German "advance" into the country.

March 12, 1938 Adolf Hitler accompanied German troops into Austria.

You are probably wondering why this matters in response to your post? Well the on March 12, 1938 as Hitler and his Army marched into Austria the people lined the streets and cheered, saluted, and celebrated the take over by the Germans.

The Austrian people were cheering because they thought they were getting a better life. In that moment they had no idea what the future held and that history would tells us that the truth is they were cheering and celebrating their own enslavement to the State.

It does not matter why those people cheered yesterday in Boston. Just like the Austrian people, they have no idea what the future holds and what history will actually tells us.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I may not know much but what I do know:

Never saw the events of yesterday before in my life,

Not on 9-11,
Not in 93 of the first world trade center bombing
Not even when Mcveigh blew up Oklahoma.

It has set a precident make no mistake,

If this is what Americans have to look forward to?

Count me out.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So those who find nothing wrong with all of this have no problems with The Patriot Act, DHS, TSA?

You all are for these agencies and their draconian policies as well?

Because I would hate to point out any hypocrisy in your cheering of yesterdays actions.

I understand your anger. I wonder how many people said screw this, and went about there own way? I wonder if they were arrested, for not obeying the rules. I am glad they caught the Terrorists, but at what price? It is definitely a moment in our ever evolving United States.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hey NEO!!

Well I have just caught up with this story, I have been busy all week in real life work related saving people's world etc...

I have been doing some information gathering, and somethings I did not like, and big reminders to why I do not live in Socialized Big Cities..

When I heard my wife tell me, the cops were going door to door, searching people's homes, big red flag!!
You can ask to look in my home, BUT I do not have to allow it.. I am not sure how things were enforced if there were any instances cooperation was not in play, I am sure I am just thinking the worst but I did not like it. I think what people saw on tv was the story the government and media, wanted you yo see, A very strange story, that included violence and intrepid stupidity, that started on Monday, and Ironically ended on Friday... Not sure if I want to give the Boston PD, a adda boy, considering they missed the blood on the boat the first time they combed that neighborhood and searched homes

It took a snitch to catch the guy, and the police just came to pick the pieces up. No disrespect to cops, I just understand what cops do, they do not prevent crimes, they just pick the pieces up when the crime happens..

Its the PEOPLE who prevent crimes and everything that is bad...

I am not sure if I like how the people were treated in this story, either way it was a very sad story, this story is one of those that is stranger then fiction..

Speaking of Fiction, stop trolling ats and go see Oblivion I give it 4 stars...

edit on 20-4-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join