It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Boston celebrate Martial Law with chants of ‘USA, USA’?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
hahaha and who in the hell found the suspect? i'll give you a hint, it wasn't the cops.

so that big lockdown and violation of the 4th amendment did absolutely nothing. except maybe show yet again how incompetent the police really are.

Right, because I'm sure his escape plan all week involved laying under a backyard boat tarp in Watertown riddled with bullets.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Sometimes it works, dont it ... ?

Institutionalized torture has no place in modern society. It is abhorrent, and those who perpetrate it on behalf of the state should be prosecuted by the people.

Little contradicting to your cause here, isn't it ?

You can never be kept safe from criminals in a free society, or any society for that matter. The search for a fugitive should never preclude the 4th amendment, even if that means passing by the house that's harboring the mad bomber because the owner answered the door and asked to see a warrant. That's the price of freedom.

North Hollywood bank robbery. That was 1997.

Let me clarify, never did I see cops patrolling with automatic weapons in the U.S. until after 9/11. I remember the first time I saw a militarized cop was in France in the late nineties, took the chunnel from London to Paris and when I got off one of the first things I remember seeing was a police officer in military dress with a submachine gun. "Never in America," I thought. Then I moved to New York, 9/11 happened, and at the time it seemed appropriate to see cops in tac gear and auto weapons, but time went on and they never went away. Now militarized police are staple in New York, just like they are now in Boston, and the rest of the country.

edit on 22-4-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by buckrogerstime

hahaha and who in the hell found the suspect? i'll give you a hint, it wasn't the cops.

so that big lockdown and violation of the 4th amendment did absolutely nothing. except maybe show yet again how incompetent the police really are.

Right, because I'm sure his escape plan all week involved laying under a backyard boat tarp in Watertown riddled with bullets.

is that at all relevant to my point? cops didn't find him as they usually don't in these cases. it's always a citizen who tips the cops off. so again, all that 4th amendment violation did nothing to help catch the suspect

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

is that at all relevant to my point? cops didn't find him as they usually don't in these cases. it's always a citizen who tips the cops off. so again, all that 4th amendment violation did nothing to help catch the suspect

The cops made sure that he didn't escape Watertown and that he didn't hijack any cars, buses, MBTA cars, or trains. That "help[ed] catch the suspect."

Hope you found that relevant.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyD

You can never be kept safe from criminals in a free society, or any society for that matter. The search for a fugitive should never preclude the 4th amendment, even if that means passing by the house that's harboring the mad bomber because the owner answered the door and asked to see a warrant. That's the price of freedom.

Just to clarify, I presume that you don't think the Fourth Amendment means police officers need a warrant to search a home that they know (or even suspect) contains a wanted terrorist who is at large with guns and explosives.

edit on 22-4-2013 by buckrogerstime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyD

Just to clarify, I presume that you don't think the Fourth Amendment means police officers need a warrant to search a home that they know (or even suspect) contains a wanted terrorist who is at large with guns and explosives.

To clarify, yes! Unless there is probable cause, by law police need a warrant to "search a home that they suspect contains a wanted terrorist who is at large with guns and explosives".

edit on 22-4-2013 by DirtyD because: A wanted fugitive in the area does not ammount to probable cause.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

I second your confirmation of the point in question, namely that US citizens should never surrender their fourth amendment rights, that citizens have the right to turn militarized police away from their door unless a specifically relevant search warrant is produced, even if there is a remote chance that a 'terrorist' is hiding in the back yard.

A citizen is free to take the risk upon his/her own shoulders, and to deny access to those with gross disregard for civil liberties - if the militarized police have genuine probable cause, they can feck off and get a search warrant.

Bowing down before the illegal imposition of de facto martial law is not the way to go about the business of freedom.

Americans will end up in a REAL totalitarian 1984 situation, if they don't hurry the chuff up and smell the stench given off by perpetual roll-out of fascist false flags. Even if this wasn't a gov-enabled false flag, there was no grounds for de-facto martial law/ lockdown of an entire metropolitan area, and supposedly free citizens should never have tolerated illegal seaerches, illegal enforced removal from their homes, or having automatic weapons pointed at them simply for looking out of their windows as the 'troops' rolled through their neighborhood.

edit on 22-4-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Personally, I would have been one of those refusing the search (at least inside the house), mostly because I wouldn't want to waste their time...but also without a warrant. I would have certainly allowed them to search the yard, but I'd know if he was inside.

The actions during the manhunt though, were martial law in practice, if not in name. What's even scarier, is that they can hold this kid indefinitely, and without any due process under NDAA 2012. I'd suggest not looking it up, if you want to sleep better at night.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The thread seems to be turning into the direction of my original question on p17. Since it is buried now, I'll ask again.

Does anyone have or know of any footage of a homeowner that refused the police entry and the results of that refusal. Even a news story would be helpful as I can not seem to find anything about anyone refusing. I refuse to believe that people willingly let their homes be searched without a warrant - among that many people there had to be a few who wanted to keep something out of the eyes of the police - marijuana plants, illegal immigrants, etc.

I would have been one to refuse - with that many police on the job, one could have gotten warrants without slowing down the search at all. Or maybe warrants were issued and we just haven't heard about it - would they be a matter of public record after they were served? I am a bit unclear on what and what is not made public record after the fact.

I plan on calling a few places today to get answers about the public records question but don't know where to start with which court would have issued warrants if they were issued and if they are part of an ongoing case, would they still be restricted. Any light that can be shed would be extremely helpful as I do not have any background in criminal justice and legal paperwork procedures.

Thanks for any info!

(blinky)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by buckrogerstime

The same applies to you. Now, if you do not mind, I would like to continue this conversation maturely.

Now, do you have any actual proof that there was a firefight, and that the brothers were in fact the bombers? No articles, or official reports. Only pictures that might actually support the claim that they are the bombers, and videos.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Blinkydoo

Does anyone have or know of any footage of a homeowner that refused the police entry and the results of that refusal. Even a news story would be helpful as I can not seem to find anything about anyone refusing. I refuse to believe that people willingly let their homes be searched without a warrant - among that many people there had to be a few who wanted to keep something out of the eyes of the police - marijuana plants, illegal immigrants, etc.

There were some refusals on the scanner traffic, as I recall, and they were simply noting the houses for more followup if needed. I personally would have allowed them to search my yard ok, but not my house...mostly because it'd be a waste of time, I'd know if he was in my house. A lot of people (most in fact) did allow a search without a warrant. To be sure, these searches were quick and only for the suspect. It wasn't like they opened small containers or cared about any other persons not matching the suspect...at least over the scanner.

If they wanted, they could have actually declared martial law, and done it anyhow....
edit on 22-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have breaking news for many of you...this isn't the 19th Century anymore and America, indeed the WORLD is advancing at a break-neck pace!

We have decided to form complicated societies, the result of which, we will no longer have the freedoms that our Founders did!

GASP!
GASP!
GASP!

I know some of you live in rural areas in the sticks...welcome to the 21st Century!!! Yes this country is changing, it has no choice but too. Our technology, population and criminal element FORCE us too!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The cops made sure that he didn't escape Watertown and that he didn't hijack any cars, buses, MBTA cars, or trains. That "help[ed] catch the suspect."

How do you figure? If he wasn't bleeding out he would have just waited out the cops and went his merry way.

This entire event was unnecessary - just keep on posting his picture, get the public to call in when they see him. Get a location, get some bodies in the area....sort of what they do with every other violent criminal. You don't have to shut down an entire town.

This level of intervention was unheard of.....but I bet we will be seeing more and more of it now.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
I have breaking news for many of you...this isn't the 19th Century anymore and America, indeed the WORLD is advancing at a break-neck pace!

We have decided to form complicated societies, the result of which, we will no longer have the freedoms that our Founders did!

GASP!
GASP!
GASP!

I know some of you live in rural areas in the sticks...welcome to the 21st Century!!! Yes this country is changing, it has no choice but too. Our technology, population and criminal element FORCE us too!!!

Well you are more then welcome to put your slave collar on, but some of us refuse to put it on willingly. I hope you don't find it too tight when your master gives it a tug....and don't cry when "we will no longer have the freedoms our Founders did" comes to you personally.

Just take a look at what a lot of the world is like, I am sure you have read some of the horror stories, do you want to live like that? Let them take your rights away and you will experience it first hand. Just talk to some people who come from places like that, they will tell you how it really is.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Oh my.

I live next to Cambridge Mass and let me tell you-It wasn't Martial Law. Hell-it was MORE martial law back a few months ago when the Governor of Massachusetts BANNED all travel for nearly 30 hours during a blizzard and cops were pulling people over for driving during the ban.

The police simply requested people stay indoors for their safety until they could find the suspect. They lifted the "shelter in place" request before even finding him which ultimately lead to him being discovered. On Friday I went to work, drove through and got coffee and gas in Cambridge and nobody tried to stop me.

I always find it amazing things like this cause more "conspiracy theories" yet a dead Osama Bin Laden with no pictures and a story by the US Military of a burial at sea caused nearly 0 threads. Yet video evidence, the suspects throwing down in the middle of a street (no less right near a Funeral Home I just attended a wake at) in Watertown Mass is full of government false flag and Martial Law conspiracies.

C'mon son.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If anything was staged it would be those people chanting usa usa. That made no sense at all. I dont know people

like that nor would I want to

This clearly was not a Hockey game and had nothing to do with nationality.

This very much reminded me of something you might see in Israel or the Middle East all this chanting BS.

That's not how Americans roll.

That chanting footage was probably meant for World News to incite somebody but no one is quite sure who.

Those people had to be staged.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

lol - maybe you should look up what a "loaded question" means. The question is loaded with an overt opinion, not fact - in this case assuming there was in fact martial law. People were relieved - why not leave them alone?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

and just how did they prevent him from hijacking any cars or leaving town? they got into a shoot out with the bombers because they found them in a stolen car. they did nothing but get a tip from a 66year old man. the cops had nothing to do with the stupidity of the two not skipping town or hopping on a plane immediately after the bombings. the cops did nothing but terrorize boston. but go ahead and keep telling yourself the police lockdown made it all worth it

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You summed everything up quite well. Now excuse while I go vomit.

The state we are in is...disturbing.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

and just how did they prevent him from hijacking any cars or leaving town? they got into a shoot out with the bombers because they found them in a stolen car. they did nothing but get a tip from a 66year old man. the cops had nothing to do with the stupidity of the two not skipping town or hopping on a plane immediately after the bombings. the cops did nothing but terrorize boston. but go ahead and keep telling yourself the police lockdown made it all worth it

How did they prevent him from hijacking cars or leaving town? Wow, that's a good question. I don't know. Oh wait, maybe it was the CITYWIDE LOCKDOWN THAT ALLOWED THE POLICE TO BUILD A PERIMETER, ENSURE MOST BUILDINGS WERE CLOSED OFF, AND GET ALL VEHICLES OFF THE ROAD.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join