It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Boston celebrate Martial Law with chants of ‘USA, USA’?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Because most people love america that much that they will show there patriotism. would you rather them chant something else?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
They succeeded in pulling off the martial law without actually declaring it as such. They were able to storm into homes, do searches with no search warrants. Tell people not to go out and they all complied once they were scared enough.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
They positively identified the bomber that was on the scene with the bomb in his pack and his accomplice who was his brother,

they admitted to the crime,

now one of them is dead the other in custody.

And there was no police state, just police and bomb squads telling people to stay in their homes so they can be safe.

What about any of that is so hard to understand?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

They were celebrating the fact that they were able to leave their homes and walk the streets.

They were celebrating the fact that the authorities deemed it safe enough for the people to have their rights back.

They were chanting and shouting and thanking the people who took away their rights.

They were thanking the 9000 who forced them to stay at home and not work or go out or to travel.

They were thanking the ones who traded their freedom for security.

(If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm very disappointed in Boston and Watertown right now)

There were no rights forfeighted, they had to shut down the neighborhood in order to investigate a BOMBING.
They can't let people out into the dangerous streets where a BOMBING happened.

It was for their safety.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by redtic

Oh - I'm sure they know.

They don't have to very competent. All they have to do is explode some homemade bombs and we will shut down an entire city, spending a billion dollars in our treasure and resources, and splash their face on every tv and website from here the ends of the earth.

The bombing was a tragedy. The aftermath was a circus.

Exactly.

Now every terrorist in the world knows how weak we really are.

They are probably going to shut down our whole nation, and we will have people applauding it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

It either IS or is not. No in-between. Sorry.

The world doesn't deal in absolutes. This was foreplay, they got to second base without a fuss, any bigger threat and we'll have our pants around our ankles shouting "USA! USA! USA!".

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
reply to post by Elostone

people who dont own guns act. plenty of people in boston and MA in fact own firearms. I was one of those people celebrating in the streets and it wasnt because we were happy to get let back outside as one poster said. no it was because we were happy this scumbag was caught. When something that your area hold so dear to your hearts as we hold the Boston marathon get attack at innocent people die you want to see the person or people who did it brought to justice. When a 26 year old person is EXECUTED in their car by some piece of SH** you want to see them brought to justice. Why cant we celebrate when they are finally caught. Oh and by the way im also a police officer who worked my ass off this past week.

I applaud your hard work
All of us glued to the scanners knew the amount of overtime you guys put in finding that dirt bag. Just because there are those of us here that question the tactics employed by the city, doesn't mean we don't appreciate the individual effort put forth by you and your fellow officers. Hopefully you won't have to pay for any drinks in the coming weeks.

On a lighter note, this is how I imagine the scene went down at HQ upon learning the suspect was loose...

edit on 21-4-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

Hows that they admitted to the crime? the so called suspect cant even speak.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
reply to post by DirtyD

They had 2 helicopters, police, swat and they were searching peoples properties (backyards, sheds, garages)
So by adding Military help, that defines Martial Law ?
You guys are silly

Sounds like you weren't paying attention. For one or two people you dont need an entire national guard.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sounds like you weren't paying attention. For one or two people you dont need an entire national guard.

How many people do you need to justify the national guard? 5? 50? 75? 100?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckrogerstime

So, we have 9000 Law Enforcement ....
And a Homeowner finds the Guy?

Kinda reminds me of the Billions Spent looking for Bin Laden.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

If you were a terrorist in a car, where would you go? Would you stay in Watertown where, as you just mentioned, 9000 people are looking for you? Or would you go somewhere else?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by buckrogerstime

Well stated, some people here seem to miss that i am quite sure they also believe that 9/11 wasn't an false flag either wasting tax payers money into wars.

According to the report the Homeowner was supposed to be an private Homeowner but i do find it ironic a boat in water town Boston? well Boston is so no near any waters or lakes?

SMR

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
They succeeded in pulling off the martial law without actually declaring it as such. They were able to storm into homes, do searches with no search warrants. Tell people not to go out and they all complied once they were scared enough.

Show me once instance of 'storming' into anyone's home. Hell. They did even 'storm' into the backyard where the last suspect was ! They moved in with caution as they did when they ASKED to search homes.
You guys are just wanting to call it what it wasn't for sake of crying out foul.
Those who are screaming 'Martial Law' haven't seen Martial Law and when you do, and I hope we never do, you'll notice. Oh, you'll notice !
Heaven forbid that Law Enforcement wanted to keep all those people safe from a couple of terrorists that had massive amounts of artillery roaming the streets with a possibility of harming, or even killing more civilians.
When dealing with this sort of issue, you need help. Ever watch Rambo ? Sometimes local Law Enforcement doesn't cut it.
I can guarantee that had it just been local Law Enforcement and those Two did more havoc, you same people screaming foul would be screaming foul for them not doing enough. That's how you are.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Show me once instance of 'storming' into anyone's home.

Already posted that video back on page 26.

When dealing with this sort of issue, you need help. Ever watch Rambo ? Sometimes local Law Enforcement doesn't cut it.

That's a movie, and nowhere near reality. Follows upon the same logic as "Haven't you ever seen 24, sometimes torture is necessary".

I can guarantee that had it just been local Law Enforcement and those Two did more havoc, you same people screaming foul would be screaming foul for them not doing enough. That's how you are.

That's a lot of ifs. It's important to realize that you cannot always be kept safe in a free society. I never saw a cop with an automatic rifle in the U.S. until after 9/11. Now it's a common site. The police have slowly been turning into a domestic military force, Boston shows that transformation is near complete.

In a free country, your cops don't look like this...

edit on 22-4-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Last night in Boston, following the apprehension of a 19 year old student suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, crowds poured on to the streets of Watertown and surrounding boroughs, celebrating what they believe was an end of their terrible ordeal which began on Monday.

In what looked more like an post-game celebration following a Boston Celtics NBA championship, or a Red Sox World Series victory - major media reported the communal outpouring of national pride where resident could be seen with painted faces, brandishing American flags, and heard shouting “USA, USA

www.dailypaul.com...

I get the relief ot the manhunt ending, but what I don't get chanting USA,USA.

Given the fact no one knows if they have the right guy, they arrested a suspect,

They have no clue about the motivation behind the bombings.

In fact most people don't know anything, but that sure doesn't stop them chanting USA,USA!

What am I missing?

edit on 20-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I said it for years: When the top comes down, people will welcome it with high fives and applause.

Things will never be normal again.

If you want to watch someone who is not a crackpot, but the real deal, and explained our time 30 years ago watch a Yuri Bezmenov lecture. If you don't watch it, you won't realize what you're being told when they preach NORMALCY to us.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
reply to post by neo96

Because most people love america that much that they will show there patriotism. would you rather them chant something else?

Right on! It seems now a days you can't even chant USA without getting bashed.

2nd.

SMR

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

The Rambo movie reference was somewhat an analogy. I'm sure you have seen it and can take away what I am trying to say. Local Authorities thinking they can handle some situations like Two terrorists with bombs on the streets of Boston would be foolish, therefore they call in reinforcements. They also did not know if they were dealing with a terror cell and there coul dhave been more out there on the streets to help. The logical thing to do.

"Haven't you ever seen 24, sometimes torture is necessary"

Sometimes it works, dont it ... ?

It's important to realize that you cannot always be kept safe in a free society

Little contradicting to your cause here, isn't it ?

I never saw a cop with an automatic rifle in the U.S. until after 9/11

North Hollywood bank robbery. That was 1997.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

North Hollywood bank robbery. That was 1997.

This was also martial law. How dare LAPD curtail my civil liberties and tell me I can't walk across a public street and do my banking. Is this America or what? Way to slow down the economy, LA!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor
They positively identified the bomber that was on the scene with the bomb in his pack and his accomplice who was his brother,

now one of them is dead the other in custody.

And there was no police state, just police and bomb squads telling people to stay in their homes so they can be safe.

What about any of that is so hard to understand?

hahaha and who in the hell found the suspect? i'll give you a hint, it wasn't the cops.

so that big lockdown and violation of the 4th amendment did absolutely nothing. except maybe show yet again how incompetent the police really are.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join