It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Boston celebrate Martial Law with chants of ‘USA, USA’?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Oh - I'm sure they know.

They don't have to very competent. All they have to do is explode some homemade bombs and we will shut down an entire city, spending a billion dollars in our treasure and resources, and splash their face on every tv and website from here the ends of the earth.

The bombing was a tragedy. The aftermath was a circus.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

How was that a circus? The brothers were caught within 24 hours, and they wouldn't have caught the 2nd brother if there wasn't a lockdown. I followed this the entire time they were hunting down the 2nd brother, and they actually did a good job!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

It's a brave new world we live in, and there are pictures of everything practically all the time. Of course everyone is going to pour over the pictures to try to help catch the bad guy! You don't mess with Bostonians and get away with it!

link   

Originally posted by SMR
There was no Martial Law.
Martial Law must be declared and it was not. It doesn't just happen.
Can anyone show where State, City, or otherwise declared Martial Law ?
There were no curfews. No Arrests made for not letting Law Enforcement check homes (which by the ay, they ASKED and nobody was forced)

There was as much Martial Law in Boston as there was when a robbery suspect was being chased the other night down the street from me. NONE !

You are correct, no martial law was declared. But I'm willing to bet that had anyone in Watertown refused to let the police into their home they would have been detained while their house was searched anyway. That this was deemed an appropriate response only solidifies the argument that the people in this country have been fully acclimated to the police state.

So when that robbery suspect was being chased in your neighborhood you had heavily armed tactical police squads going door to door searching homes? No? Then it was nothing like Watertown.

To me, this screams police state.

link   

Originally posted by tl1977
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

How was that a circus? The brothers were caught within 24 hours, and they wouldn't have caught the 2nd brother if there wasn't a lockdown. I followed this the entire time they were hunting down the 2nd brother, and they actually did a good job!

Wait- They didnt find him and he was found after the lockdown by a guy checking his boat (a civilian)- Did we listen to the same thing or are you being sarcastic?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Wait- They didnt find him and he was found after the lockdown by a guy checking his boat (a civilian)- Did we listen to the same thing or are you being sarcastic?

Nevermind that the main purpose of the lockdown was to protect innocent civilians. (They lifted the lockdown once they determined he was not a threat to the population at large, which actually occurred before they even apprehended him.) Why do you think he ended up in a backyard boat in Watertown? Let me help: because police had completely restricted his movements and also ensured that he could not hijack/take hostage any cars, buses, MBTA cars, or trains.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It was pretty disgusting. Gave me the same sick feeling I had when people celebrated Osama. Yes, you're relieved, but there's something really barbaric about celebrating events like these. It's not what civilized people should be doing.
edit on 21-4-2013 by CinnamonHearts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

He was found immediately after lockdown ended. He would never have been hiding out in that boat if there had not been a lockdown. He was forced to stay in the same neighborhood allll day because there was a lockdown. Otherwise, he would have been long gone. Do you honestly think he would have been caught otherwise?

SMR

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

They had 2 helicopters, police, swat and they were searching peoples properties (backyards, sheds, garages)
So by adding Military help, that defines Martial Law ?
You guys are silly

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

You can't speculate as to what would have happened if someone refused. You don't know if they would have searched anyway or not.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tl1977
reply to post by DirtyD

You can't speculate as to what would have happened if someone refused. You don't know if they would have searched anyway or not.

It is speculation to a degree, but it was reported on CNN that if there was no response at a house, police would enter anyway. Knock first, bullhorn second, then enter, no warrant required.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
reply to post by DirtyD

They had 2 helicopters, police, swat and they were searching peoples properties (backyards, sheds, garages)
So by adding Military help, that defines Martial Law ?
You guys are silly

It's more than just military help, it was the complete shut down of an entire metropolitan area, public transportation shut down, no taxi's, police checkpoints, and heavily armed tactical police squads going door to door, into people's homes and searching.

You are correct, by definition Boston was not under Martial Law, but it was about as close as you can get.

Nice signature by the way... It's still we the people, right?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

What kind of a jerk wouldn't answer the door to the cops during something like this? I wouldn't blame cops for going inside a house if no one answered, because a vacant house is the perfect hiding place for a bad guy with limited hiding places. There were no reports of the cops giving any residents any trouble about anything found in a house. Actually, I heard one house was a "grow" house; I don't know if they got in trouble. But I didn't hear about cops confiscating guns or anything like that.

I can't help but feel protective of my city. People here are gruff and rude, but on the other hand really know how to pull together! I am as distrustful as the next conspiracy theorist, but I really didn't pick up anything shady about how the police handled this.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Checkpoints were not through the entire city, just Watertown, I believe. I know of a couple of people who had to drive into the city to get to work, and encountered no checkpoints.

SMR

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

It's more than just military help, it was the complete shut down of an entire metropolitan area, public transportation shut down, no taxi's, police checkpoints, and heavily armed tactical police squads going door to door, into people's homes and searching.

Gee. I wonder why ...

You are correct, by definition Boston was not under Martial Law, but it was about as close as you can get.

It either IS or is not. No in-between. Sorry.
edit on 4/21/2013 by SMR because: Removed repeating quote

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

Gee. I wonder why ...

I wish it were that simple.

I am more concerned about the militancy of the Police than the fact the National Guard was used (The Guard is there to assist the State)- Its the fact that if the Police are a military (which they are becoming) a "declared" martial law makes no difference as we are essentially under an undeclared martial law at their discretion.

If the Police has Tanks, machine Guns, Drones and Military tech, is trained as and functions as a Military- They "are" a military for all intents and purposes.

This really is eye opening as to how the lines between Police and Military is nearly gone- Regardless of "false Flag" or not, this show of force and the seeming suspension of Civil Rights in what looked like a Military operation- Is scary. The acceptance by the public is also concerning although expected.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Why does Boston celebrate Martial Law with chants of ‘USA, USA’?,

This video brings Boston to mind. Is it Boston maybe?

How can you celebrate knowing you gave up every G-d given right you have to the authorities? Good job taking one for the team Boston! I guess it needed to start somewhere.

edit on 21-4-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Originally posted by SMR

Gee. I wonder why ...

I wish it were that simple.

I am more concerned about the militancy of the Police than the fact the National Guard was used (The Guard is there to assist the State)- Its the fact that if the Police are a military (which they are becoming) a "declared" martial law makes no difference as we are essentially under an undeclared martial law at their discretion.

If the Police has Tanks, machine Guns, Drones and Military tech, is trained as and functions as a Military- They "are" a military for all intents and purposes.

This really is eye opening as to how the lines between Police and Military is nearly gone- Regardless of "false Flag" or not, this show of force and the seeming suspension of Civil Rights in what looked like a Military operation- Is scary. The acceptance by the public is also concerning although expected.

Well the public accepted Hitler too you know, check out the old films, very scary. The controls that the government has put in place over us is COMPLETE! From tanks and drones and automatic weapons and chemical warfare, all against relatively harmless civilians. Scares me, does it scare you too? And what about the cost? Who will pay for the hundreds of millions that it must have cost to shut down an entire metropolitan city and flood it with millions of dollars worth of hardware and personnel? All for one punk kid. Wow, if I asked MY superiors for a million dollars to fix one production machine I would be fired on the spot!

There is a much bigger agenda here people and admit it or not, this was the first big one and it is coming to a city near you because the events just seem to be escalating. A crescendo one might say, no?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Let's be clear. There was no martial law in Boston. I live in Boston. I know. I have friends that were evacuated from their homes in Watertown because of concerns over explosives. So...

Our civil, elected officials asked that people "shelter in place" in order to clear the way for police and other emergency responders, prevents crowds from becoming targets of opportunity, and make it very difficult for the suspect to escape. Ironically, Suspect #2 (and, yes, I'm deliberately avoiding his name because I don't want the (alleged) little creep to get any more fame) was found when the "shelter in place" order was lifted an someone saw blood on the cover of the boat in which he was hiding.

Anyway, it was a request that people "shelter in place" not an order. People complied (largely) because it was the one thing they could do to help facilitate the capture of a vile criminal. People weren't paralyzed or hiding in fear. People were, mostly, just pissed that their city had been so insulted.

And the request that people shelter in place did not come from the military. It didn't even come from the police. It came from our elected governor and elected mayor.

Throwing around terms like "martial law" without justification undermines the credibility of anything else you say and just makes you generally look like you spend too much time watching Fox News.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

people who dont own guns act. plenty of people in boston and MA in fact own firearms. I was one of those people celebrating in the streets and it wasnt because we were happy to get let back outside as one poster said. no it was because we were happy this scumbag was caught. When something that your area hold so dear to your hearts as we hold the Boston marathon get attack at innocent people die you want to see the person or people who did it brought to justice. When a 26 year old person is EXECUTED in their car by some piece of SH** you want to see them brought to justice. Why cant we celebrate when they are finally caught. Oh and by the way im also a police officer who worked my ass off this past week.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join