It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton $tock$

page: 1

join
share:
LL1

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Take a look at this Halliburton Chart in 2001,
and over the years.

Now take a look at this Halliburton Chart for today.

Doesn't it seem to peak at the end of 2001, then today after election.
$37.08 a share

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Companies under criminal investigation would not generally have their stocks moving north, unless they are afforded some corrupt favorable government attention.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
WHat you mean like overseas building contracts?

I think someone really needs to blow the whistle with some really hard undeniable evidence.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Take a look at this Halliburton Chart in 2001,
and over the years.

Now take a look at this Halliburton Chart for today.

Doesn't it seem to peak at the end of 2001, then today after election.
$37.08 a share

Did you decide to just completely disregard that the peak was $55 in 2000, and almost $55 in the first half of 2001 and that it had plummeted to $15 at the end of 2001? Did you also decide to completely ignore that it has been a gradual rebuilding of the stock price and no "peak" since first half of 2001?

MA...you're so full of crap I can smell you from here.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I would never scoff over the FBI investigation of impropriety in the no-bid contracts, myself. Your nose may be too close to other parts of you.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
No matter where I am or what I'm close to...your crap out stenches anything that might be perfuming the area.

You just blather meaningless drivel out like you had half a brain.

One of these days that empty mask of yours is going to fall off and every one will have a nice polished ashtray to scrub their butts out in...

FINALLY, we'll get some value from it.

LL1

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

MA...you're so full of crap I can smell you from here.

What's that all about????
Val, that's not like you...

Listen... let's forget allllll about Halliburton...

Remember you bake cookies, well I decided I'd like a cheesecake!
Yes! homemade. You know the only cookies I have baked recently
came out of those rolls you slice off, but the dough taste so good, there
is never too much left to bake.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No, let's not forget about Halliburton.

Halliburton's stock was at a peak at the same time as the Tech Stock bubble. It pretty much started crashing at the same time the Tech Stock bubble popped and had plummeted by the end of 2001. Against an SEC investigation that was political driven and uncovered NO WRONG DOING, against political attacks and bullcrap investigation after investigation it has fought it's way back to still less than it was.

The majority of Halliburton's profits have NOTHING TO DO WITH GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS OR MILITARY CONTRACTS OR WARS IN IRAQ OR IRAQ'S OIL. They make their money by pumping cement, and fracturing fluids down oil wells, or renting their services to complete or stimulate oilwells for companies that make $55/barrel on oil right now. They DON'T make any of the money on the price of a barrel of oil. Halliburton is NOT an oil company. The only way Halliburton makes more money from higher priced oil is if it spurs their customers (the major oil companies) to drill more oilwells that need to be completed or stimulated for them....then the big red trucks come out and pump something else down the hole at the customer's bidding.

I sit back and watch the blathering bullcrap about Halliburton that goes on around here and don't say anything most the time. But when I see MA come along and pull his typical nonsensical crap which this time includes him NOT EVEN LOOKING AT THE GRAPHS (that or he doesn't know how to read one) and then making the false statement that a NONEXISTENT spike in Halliburton stock is indicative of a government coverup or subsidy during an investigation is WAY TOO MUCH FOR ME TO TAKE.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The only thing I found interesting at all in the data was the two volume blips in trading at the beginning of the day and the subsequent dips in price, indicating sell-offs. The stock does rebound somewhat, but the funky part is the 750,000 share chunk that got dumped at the opening bell.

This is just my speculation, but the day the President, whose VP was a former CEO of Halliburton (who is about to come under some pretty intense scrutiny) is re-elected, the stock of a troubled cronie company dips significantly. That's either one or a few big stockholders who are in on something having to do with Bush's re-election and bad news for Halliburton. My guess is that we shouldn't expect any help for Halliburton from this administration in their troubles. They might just look to shed that controversy entirely.

...shifts mind to ultra-paranoid conspiracy mode...

or, this could mean that the Election Contingency Plan 2004 is now in effect. The wheels were put in motion (as soon as it was certain that Kerry would not be elected) to ensure that scandal and controversy will bring about the early demise of 'W2'. Halliburton, potential White House complicity in Enron's shady dealings, Valerie Plame, 9/11 response, Iraq War Justification...

From what I understand the possibility of invocation of Executive Privilege by individuals who occupy certain government positions (director, CIA; cabinet positions; chief of staff) effectively keeps them from being called upon to testify against the President. Should you be terminated or otherwise resign your post, your effective 'gag order' is released. Many resignations have befallen the Bush administration...despite John Kerry's Plea for Unity is an impeachment afoot?

...paranoid mind calms...

Maybe we'll see some shakeups in the next few days surrounding Bush's new cabinet and maybe this is just another random trading day for Halliburton. I have no idea.

top topics

join