It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private prisons systems, the music industry, and a lot of money being made!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ok, so I'm at my telemarketing job answering calls and typing on an Iphone, so please excuse my spelling errors. Anyways, after a few hours of looking around I came across a story that I have never heard of but kind I made sense and blew my mind at the same time. Yes ATS I attempted to use the search function but nothing relevant came up. So to begin with the site is a site that I don't know how reliable the information is and it's obviously old but like I said new to me and probably more of you as well. So the gist of the situation is this; apparently before gangster rap was invented(ice cube, NWA, ect) a group of famouse rappers were all approached by executives of the music industry's and were told that a bunch of prison systems were being privately built and owned and the government would pay the prison for each prisoner and they wanted the rappers to strt to make music that would influence people to become violent and fill the prison systems (f@ck tha police) They also mentioned it was like buying shares. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Text“He briefly praised all of us for the success we had achieved in our industry and congratulated us for being selected as part of this small group of ‘decision makers’… The subject quickly changed as the speaker went on to tell us that the respective companies we represented had invested in a very profitable industry which could become even more rewarding with our active involvement. He explained that the companies we work for had invested millions into the building of privately owned prisons and that our positions of influence in the music industry would actually impact the profitability of these investments.” “Sure enough, someone asked what these prisons were and what any of this had to do with us. We were told that these prisons were built by privately owned companies who received funding from the government based on the number of inmates. The more inmates, the more money the government would pay these prisons. It was also made clear to us that since these prisons are privately owned, as they become publicly traded, we’d be able to buy shares.” “He told us that since our employers had become silent investors in this prison business, it was now in their interest to make sure that these prisons remained filled. Our job would be to help make this happen by marketing music which promotes criminal behavior, rap being the music of choice.” There’s some striking coincidences between the anonymous whistle-blower’s confession and the similarities in geography and timing. 1991 saw the rise of what we now know as ‘gangsta rap,’ originally flourishing as a response between the rivalry between East and West Coast rappers, more specifically it was Los Angeles’ answer to New York’s hardcore hip-hop scene.

Link

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I listen to metal music , I don't worship satin and death .
what complete bs kids listening to rap will make them more violent , always the same arguments since the birth of rock , all of it completely false .

if record labels thought that banging on a pot would make them money they will sell it but I guess people who listened to that would be pot heads by that logic

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

That is logic lol...I have heard of Christian death metal which is pretty cool...lol

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hip-hop was influenced by real life. At least,it used to be. There's no need for silly stories about strange men approaching rappers. Ghetto life in the 1980s and early 1990s was truly an experience, enough to write poetry.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Most hip hop, if listened too explains just how corrupt the system really is.

"The same people who control the school system control
The prison system"

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thisbseth

... "They're trying to build a prison" ...

edit on 20-4-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It is pretty damning music. I watch it destroy peoples lives all the time.

And the baggy pants and lights in sneakers seem to make it easier on the law to catch them.

Very strange to watch.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

as is the same with metal music .

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Course man, christ, Pink Floyds Welcome To The Machine, rings a bell. And that was what, mid 70's?, over 30 years ago you know.

If anyone thinks music is designed to encourage crime or is essentially the route cause of crime, is more than likely a moron.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Heres the thing. Someone has to maintain the books over at the record labels. Those someones are average joe accountants. They have to do ledgers where all the money goes for the label. They have to look at all of the brokerage statements. It would be very obvious to those thousands of accountants and even to the brokerage firms that the labels do business with that they were investing in prisons. It wouldn't be a conspiracy. Did the prison industry try to pitch the execs at the major label. maybe. But then how'd the execs convince the CPA's Business managers and brokers to dump all of their money into prisons instead of things that make even more money like oil. The IRS, State Tax Boards, CPAs, Lowly book keepers (which have a high turnover rate from being disgruntled) Accountants and the Brokers, the people working at the local banks. All of them see and know exactly what the companies are investing in. If there was some giant scam to invest everything into the prison system, it would have been noticed and by a lot more people that some dudes who went to some pitch meeting they were invited to.

Does some of the record industry have prisons in their portfolio. Probably in there somewhere. along side their Phizer, Kraft, Mobile, Boeing stocks. It would make more sense and money if the the music industry across the board had videos of musicians pouring gasoline out on the sidewalks cause they are rich enough to afford to do so, driving their cars in circles just to waste gas, bragging about how low their MPGs are on their super heavy duty SUVs, all to develop a culture where it's cool to burn through gasoline just for the sake of flaunting your ability to do so. You know make it the new trend to waste gas. Nope instead they went with the other option. Waste your literal money by throwing it around casually by making it rain. You know cause moneys so expendable these days. And the only people that are benefiting from that trend is strippers.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Well I guess I'm a moron, it's funny you mention those artists when we are talking about gangster rap. I'm pretty sure from my experiences in life I have seen first hand that rap music changes a persons prospective on a lot of things and that's including how someone perceives police, how killin and gang banging was good, robbing, car jacking is idolized. didn't crime sky rocket in that time frame?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Look man you are talking like someone who does not actualy listen to any hip hop music. You should, you would have a radically different opinion about that music.

Yeah hip hops all about crime and car jackings lol.

edit on 20-4-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Ok you do make a point. But let's just for one second say that it's plausible and is happening. Don't you think those people that are smart enough to do all the bookkeeping and paper trails wouldn't they be smart enough to cover their own tracks?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There's been about a hundred threads on this over the years. Tinfoil nonsense.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You may have a funny looking head, but you are not a moron.

I read this on ATS, I think about a year or two ago.

It's actually quite believeable.

We are not talking about the whole record industry, just the "gangsta rappa" companies.

It's a great plan.

Make money corrupting the youth,

then make money when they get caught for the crimes that you promoted on the records...

Real hip hop and rap was mostly superseded by this nonsense after this "meeting"

I reckon it's true.

Tfw.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Listen, I'm 24 and rap/hip hop have been my choice of music as long as I can remember. Old school hip hop is some of the best. But I think your missin the point. Crime did sky rocket in 90s and if you do a little research instead Of proving your points with videos that would be nice. The prison system is a hellish place. Imagine the money they make...anyways listen to some gangster rap, like the op was referring to. It's very violent. Catchy as well. But if I was in the ghetto, 14 years old, no family, no money, like it was back then this music would have eased my mind and make me want to get my "hustle" on and do some crazy things..because its all about the money...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

Well it's better then a chem-trail thread...so quit crying

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Thank you for having an open mind. It is why we are here and i appreciate your input.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Crime did sky rocket in 90s and if you do a little research instead Of proving your points with videos that would be nice

Ummmm no it didnt, it began a decline, I think you are maybe confusing the mid 80's with the 90's. The 80's saw the sharp spike in crime and if you did a little research you would more than likely see why, an influx of crack coc aine for instance. In 91 violent crimes basicaly nose dived coinciding funnily enough with the lack of demand for crack coc aine. From 1991 to 1998, murder and robbery rates in the U.S halved. Yet Hip Hop was on the rise.

Weird that eh?.

For some one who has listened to hip hop all your life you seem to know very little about it, maybe do a little research next time???

Also I would like an example of any "hip hop" artist who is encouraging me to commit crime, such as murder, robbery or rape. Id also like to know what label they are on and who owns them, cheers.

Heres another classic for you, hearing this deffinatly wants me to commit crime lol.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
"Right now we're feeding the prison industrial complex. ... Our kids are going to prison because they're promoting these records."

A great analysis re. today's hip hop vs older, more politically-charged hip hop:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join