It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you want to lose ego,..

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You know, I can seem so certain and correct about it, but when the truth of ego is revealed, and it knows.. it'll seek other ways. It'll do whatever it takes to make me sound ignorant, or to confuse the truth, to make you forget about it MAY YOU BE/FIND THE STRENGHT.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I've got issues too but .. I'm not the origin of them. Howcome people can make issues when there can be none.

Really makes ones hair grow straight on their heads.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
To become ego is because one lets oneself go. It is weak to become ego and ego tries also to take you when you're weak, then it surely will try its best.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

thank you, nice post. my ego is what got me here in the first place and my ego is whats keeping me here. Im pretty zen but its only now that im planning my leave to be independent. crawling out of depression avoiding.... land mines to safety.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ego is the reason we care for eachother, although it's good while ego is existent, it isn't enlghtenment.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It must posesses one in all ways. It does whatever it takes to posess.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Wearing glasses is not ego, yet it can be.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Every trait is good, but every trait that is suffering is ego-trait.

So to care for one is good, if you not suffer caring.
To 'love' someone is good, but if you suffer 'cause of the love you give it is ego.

Distinguish!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
ego is an external consciousness eager to posses.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
To think with ego is to think using the past as a filter.

To think without ego, is still to think, taking the past into account (but without bias or emotion) and make an educated choice.

I still prefer cheese over chocolate. I still love who I love. I still do not wish to eat GM foods. None of these things are choices I made using ego. (It is debatable by some if love is a choice, however that is not the point)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAConsumer
How do you lose your ego and find peace when you are in hell? Meaning its all you see everyday, egotastic people making fun and putting each other down. And at any moment people get in rage mode like if they were on steroids.

Love!!!

Love all unconditionally. All the prisoners in the entire world prison realm......

In the mean time, save yourself first...... find the you that is prior to the Ego, the Observer that observes the ego in you doing its song and dance ....and when you find that real you, don't let go ........the real you will reveal the Source of you, and then you are free from here....

....then you can chip away at the shackles on everyone else, smash all bias with a baseball bat made of Love.

The real you is a beautiful soaring Phoenix that doesn't know this quite yet.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

if only i could give you more stars

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Why objectify the ego? Why call it a thing? Where does it exist?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hermes31

Did you even read this thread?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
You shine out and the world reflects you back for you to see yourself. It's all you. Ego, in the context of this thread, I think is defined as the inability to see yourself in others. its a fear thing. If you stop looking long enough, you'll forget who and what you are, and you'll begin to project who you think you are. This is the point where you become lost and begin to suffer. If you try to control your experience, it is the same way. You'll only see what you want to see and not what is there. You won't see and know yourself. When you pproject your false sense of self, you'll erroneously believe that the false reflection is you,and that false belief of self is your ego.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
OP-

Who/what is writing the words in your posts?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

..and then you end it with ego=false belief of self.

That's how I experienced it too. The freakin' real illusion. But I see no reason for us to judge ourselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

erm, you can ask me anything, except that Bluesma. It's that meditating old man 9000 miles to the east of me.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

I have read most posts and found lots of conjecture about this vague thing called the ego, with little attempt to clearly define what is meant by the term.

Personally, I think phrases like 'my ego' are language traps. They take for granted the idea that I have a real, identifiable component called an ego, which is as much a part of me as my hair. What reasoning is there to say that the ego is some kind of discrete thing that can be described in terms of its features?

To me, it exists only as much as a fantasy or fear that one might obsess about. Particular thought patterns that keep re-appearing in our daily thought chatter.

I generally avoid the term ego, because I think it is mostly meaningless/useless. If I were to try to describe it, I might say that it is a way to group the delusional stories we recite on a daily basis.

"I'll never be good at sports. I'm just not an athletic person."

Absolute delusion, unless of course you can predict the future.

"I am a successful business person."

Once again, delusion. How can you be a category? If you are fired, do you cease to exist? Of course not.

Identifying with symbols, thoughts, ideas is dangerous ground. Why do we even need to define ourselves in this way? I don't think we need to destroy the ego. I think we just need to let go of the compulsion to define, categorise, label ourselves and others like we are some kind of discrete objects that can be adequately described on a piece of paper.

Don't call me a christian, agnostic, atheist, liberal, conservative, man, woman, square, hippy, bastard, saint....I'm just me.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hermes31

In psychology, ego is the balance between the reptilian complex and the conscience. Simply put, it is the Yin and Yang of the human mind. In my personal opinion, as regards this particular tangent of the subject, ego is self-regard. Ego is the individual recognition of the self apart from others.

I do not see this as a bad thing, anymore than I see fire, axes, cars, or guns as a bad thing. They are no more evil than their actions and intentions. Ego is no more evil than how you use it and respond to it. If you want to lose ego, then you want to die, because to lose ego is to no longer exist as an individual, something that is rather difficult to accomplish at this evolutionary stage.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join