link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by smithjustinb

made of the word.

What does that even mean?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Clarity of thought is great for thinking, but not for experiencing.

I am not sure I follow what you are trying to say.

Are you suggesting that if someone has clarity of mind, they are missing the essential experience of life?

Your mind sees everything as being relative, and your thoughts are relative to your ego.

You cannot separate ego from the self. Your reaction to your thoughts is the ego in action. If you were able to fully separate thought from ego, I do not think you would be able to come to any conclusion at all.

In ego detachment, the ego is still the primary character on the stage, so to speak, but the actor has become aware that they are only playing a part.

If by some miracle you could separate ego, the only answer you would get would be "I don't know"; and although, "I don't know", is the most profound expression that one could ever make, "I don't know" isn't experiencing....

Experience is central to life here on Earth, no doubt, but is it an end in itself, or does experience serve a purpose?

I don't know...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

God was putting Job in his place by reminding him that he did nothing in the creation of reality.

As an individual.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
We are the universe. The universe isnt smithjustinb. It is what it is. So smithjustinb allows the universe to be what it is and then calls himself the universe. The ego is transcended, and compassion is established as the force of self improvement.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

the word

And what is the unity you speak of?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Angle

You should post a picture of yourself AI.

Stay on topic. ATS seriously needs to curb its leniency regarding membership. Seems like a significant portion of the active members ought to be in straightjackets. I don't know what your problem is with the human condition, but the only true escape is death.
edit on 20-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

This is what you choose to believe than this is what you receive. This is fair and righteous I see no reason to argue with you.

I prefer to know that I am eternal than to believe I am going to die but that is something that you have to figure out for yourself. I do know that judging others is not the path that will lead you to what you wish were true.

God loves all men; you need not accept his love for him to love you. But you do need to acknowledge that the creator of unimaginable superiority does love you, or you will be unable to feel his love.

The bible says anyone who fails to believe that God loves them is condemned. If you don't believe God loves you and you don't believe you are eternal, than what else would motivate anyone.

Physically, psychologically, and spiritually if you can accept that there is a creator that loves you despite what you think you see, than you will find love in your heart.

Why would you want to deny me or any man love to our hearts? How could my faith hurt you in any way?

This may sound like an argument but it was meant as merely my testimony to what I believe and feel to be the truth.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

I am saying emotions make life worth living and I am saying clarity of mind is not the essential experience. Even if you could be that, you should not strive to be that.

If you should strive, it should be to help others. Help them understand and help them prosper so they can be joyful - not automatons.

eta:

Experience is central to life here on Earth, no doubt, but is it an end in itself, or does experience serve a purpose?

I don't know...

Funny but you know it must be part of the purpose. Why else would free willers be given emotion as a governor?
edit on 4/24/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

So god is a word?
Like a spoken word? Or like a word that really has nothing to do with words? Either way, this makes no sense, and that first bit of John clarified absolutely nothing.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

What is word? Structured information.

eta:
Also, the embodiment of the word is Jesus. Just to clarify that for you.
edit on 4/24/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

[I am saying emotions make life worth living and I am saying clarity of mind is not the essential experience. Even if you could be that, you should not strive to be that.

Well, if I had a choice between living a life under the tumultuous sway of emotions, or finding equipoise in clarity of mind, I would happily choose the latter. And I say that as someone who has lived much of their life as the former.

If you should strive, it should be to help others. Help them understand and help them prosper so they can be joyful - not automatons.

That is a high aspiration, to be sure, though I think someone who is not distracted or consumed by their own emotions would be in a sounder position to be of service to others.

Funny but you know it must be part of the purpose. Why else would free willers be given emotion as a governor?

I do not understand what you mean by "free willers" being given emotion as governor. The terminology within your context is unfamiliar to me.
edit on 24-4-2013 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-4-2013 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Smithjustinb as he knows himself is not the Smithjustinb that is. The Smithjustinb that is is one with all. But the smithjustinb that smithjustinb knows himself to be is a figment of smithjustinbs imagination. It is made up.
Nevertheless, smithjustinb knows he is one with all. This means evrything smithjustinb encounters he knows is his true self- the one that is. He now identifies himself as all, but admits he still does not know his true self. But it is true that he sees more of what he is than he used to. Much more, in fact. But trying to know is futile. So what does he do?

Acquiring knowledge of the self does not improve the self alone. All you can know is things that already are the case, but improvement takes what is and makes it better. The only way to better yourself is to love. You can know unity is the truth by how well love applies to it conceptually.

Knowledge can improve the individual by making him/her more aware of the underlying laws that govern the self, and allow the individual to make technological improvements to the self. But knowledge doesnt improve the self directly. All is one and I am all. Through this knowledge, the individual can strengthen its awareness of the self through love. To love and help others compassionately is to help the self. Motivated by this knowledge, the individual becomes aware of.exactly how he/she improves when others are helped.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

I understand your desire for that feeling you get from mental clarity, it is very soothing and gratifying, but at the same time, I think you are putting way too much importance on it.

Emotions can cause trouble but they can also provide timely responses. The best reaction is not necessarily the most well thought out reaction. In dire times, it is usually the first response, or the gut feeling that is the best reaction - a reaction brought to you by high emotions.

"Free willer" was meant to articulate "beings with choice." Those with choice have emotions that regulate/control their choices.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

No offense, but I can't see what you're saying - it just sounds like possessed nonsense.

Can Justin answer, in a first person perspective, what is unity?

And why is there a need to do away with Justin's ego?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This thread makes me tired. Just like how this world is so similar from one day to the next.

I don't believe in good and evil. I was a christian when I was younger, so I can understand where people are coming from that do believe in those things. These days, all I see around me are rules. Physical rules of time and space. Everything is rules. We try to learn the rules to cope with existence. Essentially, good and evil to me are just order and disorder. They're inseparable.

I think the only thing I really feel certain about is that this universe spawns confusion and disorder and on the other hand it spawns harmony and clarity, but both sides need each other.

Good and bad like the roots and branches of the tree. What I'm saying is that neither good nor evil can be eliminated. Both will exist. Conservation of energy ensures this.

This universe is a universe of separation by time and space. This creates ignorance. So long as we're alive, we're subjected to this separation and will remain ignorant for the duration.

As I see it, there's no true lasting peace in this universe. For that, we must die and hope that something better comes after. Who knows, though, maybe permanent death IS peace.

I do not believe in nirvana. There's no escape from ignorance nor ego except through death.

When you step outside and you watch life around you what you see is constant war. You see insects and animals struggling to live and kill each other for food. When you look at humans, you see very much the same process of struggling and killing for food. It's the nature of this life.

Life is war. A battle to live. Live for what? To overcome ignorance? That's impossible.

I blame nobody. To me, we're all equal. Everything from the single celled organisms on up to the complex life-forms. We're all doing the same thing and wondering what it means.

Understand that I see natural forces. I do not see souls. I see forces all around me. Forces that're shaped and moved by physical laws of motion and conservation and so on.
edit on 25-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

No offense, but I can't see what you're saying - it just sounds like possessed nonsense.

Can Justin answer, in a first person perspective, what is unity?

And why is there a need to do away with Justin's ego?

I was using third person to accent the difference between the individualized self and the true self. Unity is a new form of identity where you know your self to be everything. The individualized identity is transcended and exhanged with a greater one. Wisdom is inherent in the concept. Not only do you treat others the way you want to be treated,but the way you treat others is the way you are being treated because you are all.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Smithjustinb as he knows himself is not the Smithjustinb that is.

I completely understood what you meant in that post.

Can we conclude therefore that 'Smithjustinb as he knows him self' is not reality, not the truth, thus a lie?

This sounds rather blunt, don't get me wrong here..

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
When it comes to observing the ego, all ego is has an opposite, it is dualistic in nature. So where it cares for you, it also doesn't in a way.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Smithjustinb as he knows himself is not the Smithjustinb that is.

I completely understood what you meant in that post.

Can we conclude therefore that 'Smithjustinb as he knows him self' is not reality, not the truth, thus a lie?

This sounds rather blunt, don't get me wrong here..

I think we can conclude that. But it doesn't matter. Even if the truth is not as I see it, it still is the truth.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
ego is a lie in disguise. Satan (darkness) showing himself as the light. Do not be deceived.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

yes, even when reality is not truth, it is still reality.

The lie doesn't want to be seen as a lie.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join