It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you want to lose ego,..

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There's a fine line between Ego and Forgiveness.

(Love them nails, love intelligent design)
edit on 23-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ego can make itself look like mind-control. MK-Ultra, like the effect of mind-control with machines from a distance. It can disguise itself as whatever it can compatible with the 'mind' of the person. Aliens, whatever.

But therefore it is not aliens or MK do not exist.

Distinguish!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
ego is 'the 4th dimension'. The spirit realm.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
this music set I posted, '1200 micrograms' aka goatrance is material unconditional love.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Ego freaking is a flying spaghettimonster.

Insight makes ones wonder, ego ridicules but I am not judging you for you are perfect as you are.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
When you truly wonder what it is? It is Ego.

"Ego can be more subtle than you imagine."

It is very clever. It could make one deceive in eating fruit forbidden by God.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
to add to my previous post.

Become aware of where you trust Ego and what it taught you.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I agree, God gives understanding and clarity.

However, there is a difference between seeing yourself as an individual(ego), and seeing yourself as a self-import individual(egotism). Self-importance is arrogance, and it does cloud your judgement, and it should be overcome, but egotism is not the ego, and you are not one with the universe. Thinking that one should overcome the ego is harmful to the mind.

To all: I think you all are confusing ego with egotism.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

If I shouldnt feel important, how should I feel? Since it is my choice what I interpret myself to be, should I choose to see myself as insignificant?

The self is all there is, and is free to be whatever. Through that freedom it experiences endless perspectives,some of which include perspectives that lack the awareness of the self and its oneness. As the self, you are free to be anything, if you can imagine yourself to be it.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Self-importance is egotism, conceit, and arrogance and it is harmful to yourself and others. It is damning pride that will feed others' hatred and your own vanity. It will cloud your judgement and do harm your to mind, body, and soul.

You ARE important, but you are no more important than anyone else.

add to clarify ego:

The ego is the most influential part of the psyche. It is the psyche's mood, it is what makes you you, it is your personality, and it is the reason you see yourself as an individual - but ego is not egotism.

Think of ego as your psyche on drugs. Those drugs are the chemical reactions, that occur in the brain, based on what your psyche's conscience thinks of, or has thought of, its thoughts.

Trying to stop the ego is harmful to the psyche. Even focusing too much on the ego is harmful. When you focus too much on the morality of your thoughts, you will be in endangering your psyche.
edit on 4/24/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

You ARE important, but you are no more important than anyone else.

Right. And this makes even more sense when you apply the unity of universe as self as the reason. A concept like unity that contains so much inherent wisdom cant be false.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

What are you on about man? Some new age thing where everyone is God?

There is too much evidence that points to a creator, and I played no part in creating this place, thus NO.

Job 38:4

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
To define how I was as precise as I can. Or I misinterpreted the given information, or who gave it was delusional. And I think it is the latter cause when I was pulled of my normal 'habitat' and found rest and focus again. You must live with people once who really aim insults at you every day and believe only lies about you. You should live with such people in your vicinity. I ran away from there. But I suffered because of insecurity, and there was something wrong with me too. I was thrown down the stairs when I was young by my brother, that I am reminded of often. It was a quite high stair, and I was small, and my father punished me real hard physically. I suffered confusion, was given low self-esteem and some sort of anxiety. I was a mess. But then I misinterpreted my surroundings too. I am already a lot better now. I just wanted people to be harmonious balancing me and that is what life is now for me, I made a lot of progress, I am confident.

That's it in fact, that's the right word. I am confident now. Life is enjoyable that way.

Thx for letting me share this.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Trying to stop the ego is harmful to the psyche. Even focusing too much on the ego is harmful. When you focus too much on the morality of your thoughts, you will be in endangering your psyche.
edit on 4/24/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

In my view, it is not about trying to stop the ego, but rather loosening the attachment and identification with this shadowy illusion of self. As long as we are enthralled by our ego, we will remain trapped in the endless cycles of ups and downs, of action and consequence, of joy and despair.

The ego is insatiable and will use any means to maintain its dominance over the real self . The price of freedom from this tyrannical ego is eternal vigilance of all our thoughts, motives, and actions .

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

What are you on about man? Some new age thing where everyone is God?

There is too much evidence that points to a creator, and I played no part in creating this place, thus NO.

Job 38:4

I dont know about evidence of a creator, but I do know my parents created me and along the way, I made decisions that made me who I am today. So, there is evidence of that. Even as an individual, you do play a part. Thats what work is. So even without my metaphysical concepts, there is more evidence of human creators than there is god creator. But when you apply the concept,rhe blanks are filled in.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

About the job chapters:

"The lord" kept asking job who he was and where he was and what has he done compared to him. I think it is important to consider that the Lord was addressing job as an individual during that monologue.

There are two types of unity- true and false. Both say, "I am all there is". False unity believes the individualized ego is the totality of reality. This was the perspective being addressed in job 38. Although, ultimately this may become.a valid perspective, as for the most high, it does not apply to our circumstance. We are the true unity which is beyond our individualized ego. We say we are.all there is and refer to things we,as individuals, admit we are unaware of. It is by this connection to our true self that we are able to transcend the ego.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

The ego is not an illusion, it is a mental faculty - you should think of it as a guide.

Further, you think you are separating self from ego, but what you are really doing is dulling the emotional responses in order to gain gratification byway of clarity of thought.

Call it self, call it emotions, call it evolution of a social mind, but do not call it an illusion.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

God was putting Job in his place by reminding him that he did nothing in the creation of reality. More, he was letting Job know that Job didn't know what was best for Job or God. Job stepped out of line and God made him aware of his impudence.

More, there is a unity but it is nothing like what you are thinking. The unity is that everything is made of the word.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The ego is not an illusion, it is a mental faculty - you should think of it as a guide.

Further, you think you are separating self from ego, but what you are really doing is dulling the emotional responses in order to gain gratification byway of clarity of thought.

Well, if ego is a mental faculty, then is not clarity of thought an ideal aspiration?

Detaching from emotional responses does not dull them, it just means that we are not controlled and consumed by them.

Call it self, call it emotions, call it evolution of a social mind, but do not call it an illusion.

In my understanding, ego's relation to the self is comparable to an actor's role or character to the actor himself. The ego is the character the self is playing in this stage of physical life. To the extent that the character is not a precise representation of the actor himself, to that extent it is an illusion. So, too, it is with the ego.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

Clarity of thought is great for thinking, but not for experiencing.

More

Your mind sees everything as being relative, and your thoughts are relative to your ego.

You cannot separate ego from the self. Your reaction to your thoughts is the ego in action. If you were able to fully separate thought from ego, I do not think you would be able to come to any conclusion at all.

If by some miracle you could separate ego, the only answer you would get would be "I don't know"; and although, "I don't know", is the most profound expression that one could ever make, "I don't know" isn't experiencing....

The ego is both in control of your thoughts, and the only reason you have any control of your thoughts.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join