It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you want to lose ego,..

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

been there, done that, makes no sense at all. I live in freaky belgium. We are allowed to smoke at home.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I envy your freedom. However, rules are rules on the forums. And again, you've avoided answering my questions regarding your speech patterns. For wanting to get rid of your ego, you have a noticeable abundance of it. Whether or not it is expressed in a hostile manner is irrelevant. It doesn't have to be negative to be ego, something I have attempted to remind you of many times. So why do you continue to exhibit ego if you are so determined to prove that it is hazardous to our progress?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

When will you quit acting on your assumptions.

Btw I am 'freaky' ego. I filter what comes out of it.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

When will you quit acting on your assumptions.

I'm not acting on anything. I am observing, but you obviously don't respond well to constructive observations.

Btw I am 'freaky' ego. I filter what comes out of it.

'Freaky' is right. I've met certifiably insane men with more rationale than you. But that's okay, I won't be wasting anymore time here. It's clear that your standards of logic are far removed from the academically accepted standards. As long as you can convince yourself, anything goes. And it really doesn't take much, does it?

I need not concern myself any longer. Adieu.

edit on 22-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
ego = cowardly

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

and you don't respond well to constructive communication.

And koo koo = funny to a lot of people. I make a lot of people laugh and they like me for that. But hey, now you mentioned. I sometimes think I'm really weird. I see them thinking, there's a screw loose up in his head, just one though. I'll keep that in mind.

You aren't so unconstructive after all..

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You know Afterinfinity, and this is serious, I think I am 'koo koo' because I am thinking of tits all the time.

I don't want this post to be censored. I really mean that. It is the truth. Women have an immense effect upon myself. Almost an out of control one. I should calibrate myself a bit though

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

ego = cowardly

As I said before, your logic clearly doesn't operate by the same principles as is academically accepted. And if given the choice, I think I'll stick with the tried and proven methods, especially considering your lack of awareness as regards the definition of "ego". Here, let me help you out with that:

ego
noun ˈē-(ˌ)gō also ˈe-
plural egos
Definition of EGO
: the self especially as contrasted with another self or the world
a : egotism 2
b : self-esteem 1
: the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that serves as the organized conscious mediator between the person and reality especially by functioning both in the perception of and adaptation to reality

There's nothing cowardly about being aware of the self. It's called having an identity as an individual, something that is highly advisable in a world defined by individualism. Obviously, you're clueless. That's okay, I'm sure I was the last to realize it. Maybe I'm too trusting. You know, because of my ego and all that. But whatever. Again...I'm finished here. Adieu.
edit on 22-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
what is aware of the self is the same thing that wants to destroy the self.

Ponder upon that now! uhu!

To think dualistic about it! It is the right way to view it. All rivers have two banks. There are two sides to a coin. That's why I said ego disguises things. Ego is that which makes you die at the end of your life. Ego is that which ends your life. It's the freaky same thing finity. cudy cudy cudy.
edit on 22-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Why do you think people become Bipolar? For ego is bipolar.

All I said about ego in this thread has been the truth and my thread about ego and shizophrenia is also true.

Now suck butterholes

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
hm, but if ego kills, i'm not completely sure of. What am I talking about in fact. But there's truth to my claims.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Split open ego, by splitting it open you will experience unity of the self.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
ego can want you to experience guilt as it can want you to experience no guilt at all. But preferably no guilt at all (at least, that's the case with me) Finding your guilt can be the way to find yourself. But you will be forgiven.

Ego is able to sufficate.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ego kills, ego surely is able to kill, I managed to experience the knowing of it almost completely.

Deny ego by asking it what it is trying to convince you of when it does convince you of something. Just say what? in your head. What? I don't understand.. this towards the ego. That way you are denying it. On the way to unity of self a.k.a. the 'killing ot the ego', it goes step by step. There are need to be performed different ways of 'putting the ego to death' on the way. Every step is a way to conquer it with purpose to completely kill it. Different ways of killing it following eachother. At least that's what I experience, yet, the denying of it when you observe it convincing yourself of things was a very good attack of done by myself. That's the minimum stage one must reach. It is acknowledgment of good observing!!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The true self is paralised by ego, that way it became the observer. The observer is the true self, it must flower again.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
when you want to lose ego, physically act against ego. You should feel the sensation run through you when you are cleaning the streets a.k.a. picking up a fallen piece of paper off of the street, while ego does not want you to do it. It's like freeking dying. MURDER YOUR EGO bEfOr It MuRDERs Yu.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
each step forward to killing ego, as I mentioned, builds up the physical body in a way. First the feeling in the stomach, which the ego, again, wants to undo, it crawls back on anything. all steps unto complete being.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
This thread is a waste.

I have found this thread quite interesting and rather enjoyable. One person's waste may be another's nourishment.

Most of what I imagine I know of ego has been covered here, so I have little to add, except one of my favorite eastern sayings:

The ego is more difficult to see (within oneself) than a black ant on a black stone on a dark night.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Originally posted by dominicus
This thread is a waste.

The ego is more difficult to see (within oneself) than a black ant on a black stone on a dark night.

For it disguises, you're acknowledging my claims. I am free.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
What you might not know, is that right now, in this momentum, God has always been your Master.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join