It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you want to lose ego,..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

if I am you and you are me then why possess an ego over you towards you and not seek PEACE knowing if I am effecting you then am I also myself?

EGO is something that can block other potentials within hence the delete need if seeked. Its logical to maintain confidence as you should feel happy about yourself internally and your potential accomplishments but to brag/boast/ seek over power of others or make others feel like less of a CREATOR Creation because they have not what you boast/brag/or have power of is like a negative weight on the Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy. Which may be why CLASS is reset for some so that Eventually they WILL come around to understanding that their ego is over themselves... SPECIES
Some may say that sounds like envy and clearly its not for envy is also ego based negative weighted on the Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy there to hold you back... And Others?

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
I have this to say to you. You can't do it on your own. You need to be saved from it!

that may be YOUR interpretation of ego, but it is certainly not MINE.

perhaps you want others to feel like powerless victims of their own egos, but I think you do ATS readers a great disservice for spreading such ideas.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It takes a clear mind to define ego.

ego is smart and different to everybody. Yet in it's nature it is the same. It is something that exists in the spiritual realm. I could say there are degrees of commitment to ego. One is more or less saturated by it than the other. Ego is against the nature of humanity only existing to do harm possible on every aspect of men, through every way one could think of, that it is possible of but one can resist, yet if it takes control of another person and sets that person out to kill you, well, there goes the fact one can resist then offcourse.. I don't truly know yet.

It succeeded in confusing humanity, that is a fact. At least, my world has been like that, and it is set to harm people. It doesn't feel well when people are confused about you know, does it? Meaning them believing lies about you and such. It ruining your life then, you get it don't you.

When you think of things that happened whereof you though: "Now where the hell did I deserve this". Well.. It is just set to harm. Life can teach you a way to learn to live with it, but that doesn't last long for one wants to rid it out of your life. Being what ego wants and being yourself are like black and white, good and evil. Two completely different awarenesses. You must have experienced what you call 'good' days and bad days in the past now don't you. And haven't you ever wondered why the days didn't remain that way, always feeling good or bad. Ego is such a pain. I told ego is psychosomatic, with which I meant, psychological which can result in physical ailments. I also meant, psychological commands leading to theft, rape and murder. The psychological has a physical result.

Psychosomatic.

Ego does everything it can for you to not be aware of it (maybe not when it is in full control of you, then you go up in it and allow yourself to do its deeds (possession as I told). And when you are aware of it it can do everything it can to disguise itself. But it can be you resisted it and it left you. But still, it can affect other people in your vicinity to... scare you, mock you, ridicule you, just making your life miserable. It is the cause of many psychological diseases, as well as the active as the passive (or the victim, or the one making victims) I don't know the word for that last, the one making victims. The latter, when in such mood, we also like to call psychologically ill (when in such mood) cause you can have an honest, decent man suddenly killing someone where everybody is shocked about when they hear the news. Oh, what? He did that????

Moods.... sigh

It is able to control people, it can have subtle long lasting posessions, or can make accute sudden ones. Hell....

Illusions = lies. You know, when people use drugs, they expect something different. Dangerous. Drugs on their own can be quite innocent, but when ego makes the scene, things easily become bad. Ego is so deceitfull, so deceitfull. It is also so smart and can be very steady. It is to resist! Endurance! Ego is the enemy. Love your enemy. After all I've told, I'm quite confused now. It keeps people from knowing the truth, of itself and of the truth itself.

aum.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

In essence that ego is not who you truly are. Some choose to have such ego, some do not want it.

Humble yourself is the advice given then. But I am not claiming we should not do work. Practice even makes perfect..

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
When one is confused, life will lead the way.

In how many ways is that true, and in how many ways is that evil.

Great awareness.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

In essence that ego is not who you truly are. Some choose to have such ego, some do not want it.

Humble yourself is the advice given then. But I am not claiming we should not do work. Practice even makes perfect..

I beg to differ. What is inside me is part of me. If you tell me that I don't need it or shouldn't have it, that's not your call to make and I would appreciate it if you would mind your own business and work on the plank in your own eye before you give me advise spawned from YOUR twisted sense of peace and harmony.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I'm having no problem with your reply.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

one senses that the delta-9 is strong in this thread... t'is often the case with the ego/enlightenment issue here and why i often dont get involved in them. shrug

A question. Would the delta-9 be a natural occurence in the body due to an activated pinal gland or from external source in your view?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
In essence its ... Based on YOUR PASSIONS and how you consider others if the internal FELT definition is not understood... Which is basic RESPECT of others (in kind)

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAConsumer
How do you lose your ego and find peace when you are in hell? Meaning its all you see everyday, egotastic people making fun and putting each other down. And at any moment people get in rage mode like if they were on steroids.

From my point of view:

By disconnecting if you need too and raising above the thing you see around you. If you are doing more god than bad in this place then that is even remarkable. It is like weightlifting your will and idealism. It is not hard to do the right thing and ideal thing in a place that encourage the these behaviour. But doing them where you are discouraged to do the right thing and ideal thing to get rewards is the sign of extreme moral character and a sign of willpower to not cave to the lesser moral. It is a maraton race and do not get discouraged if you fail. Start over and take one step at a time. You will get there sooner or later. Thank you for being.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Yet another nonsensical thread acting as though you know me better than I know myself.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yes, all my threads are about my disgust of you AfterInfinity

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I didn't say that. I said that you pretend to know my ego better than I do. If anyone has the right to determine the value of our ego, it is not you. Worry about your own character defects and cease your needless motherly concern.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

No biggy, thx for replying, I wrote as much down about what I learned if in any case it could put readers of it on some sort of luminating insight. I don't look back on them or the guilt will be unbearable. I don't want this previous sentence to be the last of this post. I am crushing evil until inexistent.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No biggy, thx for replying, I wrote as much down about what I learned if in any case it could put readers of it on some sort of luminating insight. I don't look back on them or the guilt will be unbearable. I don't want this previous sentence to be the last of this post. I am crushing evil until inexistent.

Just a few thoughts about evil, in general:

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." -Christopher Dawson

And also, it is pertinent, this quote, to understand that once a mistake or misidentification of said evil, the very same consequence results....
Just something to think about.

edit on 22-4-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This thread is a waste. There is such a thing as an Ego, and there is such a thing as ego death.

I made a How to thread here:
The Ultimate Enlightenment "How To" Thread

Interestingly enough, the thread only made it to 3 pages long, and within the 1st page is everything you need to know. All the rest of the "ego" based threads are a bunch of ego's arguing about ego.

I will prove to you right now that it's real. Read this sentence:

"You are a moron, piece of crap, useless waste of space, wasting precious oxygen, ugly, fat, pointless, stupid, idiotic bag of flesh."

Now be aware at the anger and reaction that the ego has after reading the sentence above. All the reactions to that sentence above, is all ego.

If you read the "How To" thread I listed, there should be no more questions or reasons to argue this anymore. Only thing left is practice, observing, being, Awareness, etc .....In all of that, the ego will be seen as a sham illusion and go away, or fall away, of its own accord.

It is nothing more than the thought "I am this Body" ...or I am _______(fill in the blank with whatever). There is also a source to thought within you. If you are clever enough to observe and be aware when awakening in the morning, you will see The ego, (which is like a swarm of bee's all protecting the queen I thought) rise up from the heart, and take it's place in the head, filtering all of reality.

Everything said here is from direct experience, not from theories of books, bur from seeing that it is this way.

There really is nothing more to say

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Yes, the moment you open your eyes in the morning, the sh¨t starts again. So demotivating. I have spent 3 years, from 21 'till 25 in bed. Wasn't motivated to come out of it. Smoking weed was my only hobby, if I have to admit. It was the only thing that made sense, grasp that. Family sucked, everything sucked just smoking ego away. I could think about something else then. Putting my focus on the feeling of my body instead of doing the crap one experiences waking up in the morning.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by dominicus

Smoking weed was my only hobby,

+ spilling my guts here on the ATS-board. Once you start, you're not allowed to stop. Same as when you give those egotrippers some credit.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You may want to practice more discretion when mentioning your illicit activities. And in response to the post following the one my first sentence was responding to, spilling your guts is often an easy way to find an early and permanent exit from this forum. Consider it a friendly tip.

You know, for wanting to lose your ego, you seem very individualistic. I've noticed that you are very aware of yourself as a separate and individual entity, which is very much a part of having an ego. What gives?
edit on 22-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join