I can clarify 2 items here: Naked Guy and Man-on-Ground
Simple answer, they are the same guy. He was just a pedestrian walking in the area, that kinda looked the part. They stopped him and ordered him on
the ground. Then, they had him stand and remove his clothing to verify he was not wired. After being cleared, he was given a towel, and sent on his
way freed (there was no mention of him having his clothes returned though. (see #16 and #17 below)
Naked guy kept coming up periodically during the night here in that thread, from folks that came in and didn't know the story since they weren't up on
the conversation. There was a list of events put together (starting on page 52 and about 21 items after being updated) that covered the key points of
the evening at that point.
They were (updated list by me
1. MIT police officer shot dead
2. Police respond to MIT shooting, suspects still at large
3. Unconfirmed reports of explosion at MIT, by ATS member on skype with friend at scene. !!!unconfirmed!!!
4. Male carjacked at gunpoint in black mercedes, by two, "short" middle eastern men, who held him hostage for half hour, whilst driving around
5. Middle Eastern Males talked about going to New York City, before they released the carjacking victim, who rang police
6. Car spotted at a Gas Station, where suspects sped off at speed
7. Police pursuit of vehicle
8. Suspects fire and throw "explosives" at police from Mercedes
9. Something happens (unclear) and suspects ditch Mercedes and make off in State Police SUV
10. Officer heard screaming on scanner that suspects were throwing explosives at him (lots of gunfire heard in background)
11. Suspects leave SUV and gain control over a black Camaro somehow (unclear as to how)
12. Suspects leave Camaro in Watertown on foot
13. One suspect shot and transported to MG hospital
14. 2nd suspect evades police
15. Police locate him, but are called off by OC, due to explosive packages strew in different places "Retreat retreat" was heard over the scanner
16. Police corner a suspect (white male shown on news pictures), and make him lie on the ground and strip
17. White male was just caught in the whole situation and is freed
18. 2nd Suspect still remains at large.
19. A 20 block area perimeter cordoned off in Watertown in attempt to apprehend the suspect
20. Multiple devices discovered spread across Boston. BPD Bomb squad performed controlled detonations
21. Media reports the two men are Chechen brothers, here for at least a year, possibly with some military training.
Clarification 1 - (#4) The "Middle Eastern" phrase was used here because that was the actual description made by the man who had his car jacked. It
was mentioned in his 911 call. That was the first description given to police of the jackers. So, that was repeated on the radio, since that was the
only description they had.
Clarification 2 - (#9) The Police SUV was proven false later, it was the original Mercedes SUV
Clarification 3 - (#11) The black Camaro was a double-false description. First, it was reported on the scanner as a black Nissan Murano by me
), then a mistranslation in the thread as Camaro. The initial report
by an officer, in the dark, under pressure following a fire fight where "grenades" were thrown at him is understandable. It was actually a description
of the black Mercedes SUV.
edit on 21-4-2013 by Krakatoa because: Added clarifications
edit on 21-4-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason
edit on 21-4-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)