It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth In Freedom [RSWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
[EXT SCENE][PRESENT DAY]

A busy street in a large city of unknown destination, we find our unwitting heroes at the centre of a large protest group, the sounds of cheering and chants fill the air around them. People brandish signs, spittle and shouts of action fill the air in a disharmonious union. Above the large throng of protestors, a helicopter roars overhead, as armor clad Police line the streets, their clear riot shields reflecting the fury of the crowd. Only metres away from the impenetrable wall of Kevlar, two masked figures in the guise of Anonymous stand with a camera pointing toward themselves.

Jared: Is it on Becky?

Becky: Jared! I thought we agreed not use our real names?! [Becky hisses in frustration.]

Jared: Won’t matter after today, sweetheart. Today we make history.

[HELICOPTER NOISE OVERHEAD/CROWD JEERING]

Jared: [Turning toward camera] Today, we make history my legion of friends. Today we take down the government who would take away our freedoms, would sign off bills that would impeach that freedom, while keeping us distracted by false flag events, designed solely to keep us in the dark while they pull the wool over our eyes. Today we send a clear message to those Fat Cats that we will not be silenced. That Anonymous, TPB, Wikileaks and all those who fight for the free will of humanity against the indoctrination of the New World Order will be heard loudly and clearly.

[The camera turns shakily toward the line of Police]

Becky: Are they in place? [Barely heard over the increased volume of the crowd]

[Jared seems to nod ever so slightly as the jittery camera lines up a well-dressed businessman exiting a building some metres behind the line of Police. The camera zooms in on the figure as we see Jared’s form enter the left of the shot, producing a mobile phone in his gloved hand]

Jared: Boom! [BEEP AND DIAL FROM MOBILE PHONE]

[A shocking blast fills the air as all fades to black. The sounds of screaming, shattering glass and burning fills the air, accompanied by the sickly smell of burning flesh. Seconds later, a secondary blast echoes off the high rise buildings, followed by the sound of falling masonry and glass. The sounds of carnage and crying fade into obscurity as emergency vehicles are heard to approach from a distance.

[SOUND OF WIND HOWLING SOFTLY]

Becky: We did it. [DRAMATIC PAUSE] We changed the world. Or so we thought. That day, we saw the carnage we created, were proud of sending a clear message to those powers we thought ruled over us and took away our freedoms one by one. Somehow we thought the death of a few Senators would make the government backpedal on their decision to strip away the rights of our internet and use those laws to shut down the freedom of the people.

We were so wrong. Yeah. We changed the world. Only for the worse.

[The scene reveals the same camera looking down on a dishevelled man underneath a fire blanket]

Becky: Jared. Jared, can you hear me? [Sounds of shallow breathing and a small grunt of pain.]

Jared: [Breath is ragged and croaky] Turn the goddamn camera off Becky. Get the damn thing out of here!

Becky: Jared, I want to record this! It’s important!

Jared: Go away Becky. Just go away. You’ve already done enough.

[The camera darkens again, as we hear Becky walking across rocky ground, the stones crunching beneath her feet. We hear her sit, the camera comes back on.]

[Outside, the world is revealed as a nightmarish crimson sky above broken buildings. Searchlights can be seen cutting through the reddish mists; the sounds of the dying fill the air like a howling wind]

Becky: This is the world we created with our freedom. [Becky’s ashen face fills the camera.] We not only set the standard on Judgement Day with our bombs, we turned the whole world with us. Soon every city was being destroyed by revolutionaries with the same idea, with the same message. The internet was ours, not yours. We couldn’t know it was all planned that way.

[The camera once again pans quickly, as a black helicopter roars overhead, similar to the one above the protestors. We see Becky duck in fear as the sound fades off quickly into the distance.]

Becky: The problem with being slaves is the king always has the bigger army. We never imagined they’d take down not only the internet but our very lives piece by piece. That they’d storm our homes in the dead of night; take us away, never to be seen again for downloading a movie. A song. For uploading something they didn’t agree with.

That was what we surrendered that day, our very freedom. Those blasts weren’t the rings of the freedom bell; it was the death knell of freedom. It has been two-hundred and sixteen days since they allowed us a day of respite to protest. Two hundred and sixteen days since they came in with....

Jared: Becky! [Jared’s voice is raspy yet panicked.] We have to go! We have to!...

[GUNSHOTS. SOUNDS OF A PERSON GURGLING IN PAIN.]

Becky: Jared?! Jared! NO! [Sound of multiple feet crunching across gravel, gunshots getting closer.]

Jared: [Barely coherent] Becky! Run! NOW!....

[Becky can be heard crying as she stumbles across the gravel, trailing away.]

Unknown Male Voice: YOU! Stop there! I said stop!

Becky: [Voice distant] FREEDOM FOREV!... [LOUD SINGLE GUNSHOT]

[The sound of a light body falling to the gravel close by reveals the camera still recording Becky’s still open, yet dull eyes and a light line of red dribbling slowly down her forehead into the grey dirt. The date reads 26/04/2016. The scene fades to black slowly.]

edit on 20/4/2013 by 74Templar because: typos

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Have this bookmarked...I shall read it and give the appropriate stars and flags as needed.
I better enjoy when I actually do sit down to read!

-nat

-I joke around and kid!-

edit on 20-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Eerily familiar to the recent events in Boston. SnF.

Good reading, as always. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

It was pretty much inspired by recent events (Boston and the CISPA bill.) I guess the theme is one man's terrorist is another man's revolutionary.

I expected to cop some flak for it, but writing is about the emotional response right?

Thanks for the S&F.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Wow.. SnF my friend. That was well written, I did enjoy the read very much
it had images I could see and also the words emitted emotion, the feelings were strong. Thanks for sharing this and writing it. Good job

Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
One wonders about layers upon layers and being manipulated. Once you entertain the thought that your being manipulated, where do you stop? Thought provoking. I enjoyed it!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Awesome!

Poor Jared.

I would've ran back in there and died with him, if it was me. At that point, it was pretty apparent she was gonna die.

Very well written, awesome. S&F

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I have enjoyed this story!
edit on 25-5-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join