It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something not often discussed: the realm of imagination.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The realm of imagination.

What is it and what is its purpose? Why do we have imagination? Are there any with peculiar ideas on it? Can our imagination affect the world? What is it and in what circumstance does it exist.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Why do gardens have fertilizer to promote things to grow. Everything humans build comes from ideas growing.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Can our imagination affect the world?

Everything from Religion to space exploration was derived from the human imagination. If not for imagination we'd still be living in trees and eating bugs.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Peculiar...there is always an argument....what is and should never be.

edit on 20-4-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

But I feel Imagination is the only reality that affects the dream that many call real.
Imagination IS I AM.

Imagine EVERYTHING.
Including.
edit on 4/20/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The Realm of Imagination is a magical place. There are no rules, boundaries or restrictions to inhibit utilising the true power of the mind. One can escape the daily programming and enjoy a world with unlimited power and potential. The emotions of peace, love and wonder can be experienced in their entirety without limitation. Oh, if only I could live in this realm...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I think imagination is very underestimated and under-appreciated. Just consider for a moment that most everything we think has a physiological response--as if it were real and really happening!

When we think of scary imagery, we become nervous, sweaty, and our heart rate increases.

When we think of tranquil images, our bodies produce a more relaxed physiological state.

Heck, all we have to do is think of some enticing imagery to become sexually aroused.

So, why does the body and brain act as if our thoughts are actual, factual stimuli?

I think there is more to our imaginations than we give it credit for. The body and brain seem to give them validity; why don't we?

edit on 20-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I somehow had the idea to really figure out what it is? Did we comprehend the use of it? Do we know exactly how to use it? What it is usefull for? Mine surely needs some calibration.

You have a vivid avatar/profile background NarcolepticBuddha.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Angle

Everything from Religion to space exploration was derived from the human imagination. If not for imagination we'd still be living in trees and eating bugs.

Dear Jiggerj,

haven't you figured it took imagination to live in trees and eat bugs. Think back of when you were a child. Weren't things great then?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Angle

Dear Jiggerj,

haven't you figured it took imagination to live in trees and eat bugs. Think back of when you were a child. Weren't things great then?

Hmmm? What I'm getting from your reply is that you think my statement was negative. Far from it. Imagination is the greatest invention since the first caveman predicted pizza. lol

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We never fell unto the level of 'caveman'.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Angle

Why do gardens have fertilizer to promote things to grow.

The fertilizer to the garden is like 'the Savior' to man.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

We never fell unto the level of 'caveman'.

huh?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well, it's obviously very powerful.

Because from Leonardo D'Vinci to Benjamin Franklin to Albert Einstein Henry Ford to Steve Jobs - their imaginations, once manifested into reality, changed the world.

edit on 4/20/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

but not in a good way, but neither bad then either. It's not to change other peoples world with it, it's to change yours. Be 'selfish' sometimes.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Is this realm of imagination that all humans have in common?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Is this realm of imagination that all humans have in common?

All humans have their own imaginary realm. Like a poster above said there are no limits, no rules. But this is only for the lonely of mind, those who dwell alone in their existence and depend upon the material to make the other temporarily real in one's own realm. That is why being a child is so great, nobody knows about the immaterial yet, or it rules and usually adults let their children figure it out on their own.

For the dwellers of those realms to interact takes a lot of rules. Just like a house people who go there need rules, for example locks are imaginary objects and only if the visitor/guest or owner respects those will they work.

Now everyone has a house of their own but the current state of the imaginary worlds is bad because a lot of people don't want to learn about the immaterial but rather the material which is normal because the material is temporary and we all end up in the immaterial anyway. Spending time learning about the immaterial has gains in the material but only after a long while, in which a person could already have a career and started a family. Especially since there is so little on the subject, anyone who would understand the importance and workings would probably keep it to themselves, if only to prevent seekers from using their already established house to study the immaterial.
edit on 22/4/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join