It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Arafat's Death Reported, Immediately Denied

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts

Besides, if I start saying what I think of that "I hope he suffers and burns in hell" crap and the people spewing it, I might lose points.

I'll take the heat as well. I never think there's anything wrong with praying for another human's soul and for those they love.

joey

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Paris media is claiming that Arafat died a few minutes ago. Debka file has a ticker claiming this. Looking for confirmation

debka.com

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Not seeing any other confirmation yet...

Reuters as of a half hour ago, reporting Arafat in a critical point between life and death....

www.reuters.co.uk...

I will do something that may get me under fire from some posters, but I don't care... I'm actually going to pray for the man and his family. Some may call him a terrorist, but he was respected by a number a world leaders and by a good proportion of his people, and that's enough for me.

Besides, if I start saying what I think of that "I hope he suffers and burns in hell" crap and the people spewing it, I might lose points.

By all means, say it...unless it violates the TOS, there is no reason you should lose points for speaking your mind. I'm sure he's racked up enough bad karma to ensure that he suffers either in his last days, or in the realm hereafter....

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
phreak_of_nature,

I was wondering to myself, Who gets to be in charge now.?

Click, click...There was a post by you...detailing the "transition of power"
Thanks. It came in handy, and made me look smart, in front of my co-workers..!

Glad I could help. I had the question myself so when I found the answer I thought it might help others.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The BBC reports that a Palestinian aide to Chairman Arafat says he is not brain-dead, but in a "reversible" coma and at a "critical juncture" between life and death.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Arafat condition 'stable'

November 6, 2004
YASSER Arafat's health "has not deteriorated" and was considered stable, a French official outside the Paris hospital treating the 75-year-old Palestinian leader said today.

Mr Arafat's condition "is considered stable since the last health update" given 24 hours earlier, General Christian Estripeau, the spokesman for France's military medical service, said.

www.news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Comatosed is stable, right?
Brain Dead is stable, right?

I think we will hear of Arafat's death on Sunday, after which his body will quickly be loaded onto a plane headed to either Jerusalem or Ramallah. His funeral will be a whole new flashpoint, as the Palestinians are preparing to bury him in Jerusalem, and the Israelis are preparing to stop a Jerusalem burial.
Sharon Will NOT Allow Arafat Burial at Al Aqsa

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
phreak_of_nature, you are correct.

He is in a stable comatose / brain dead state.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Whenever I hear of these updates to Arafat's condition, I am reminded of the movie "The Princess Bride". In it a character played by Billy Crystal declares that the hero of the movie isn't dead, he's "Mostly Dead".

Arafat must be "Mostly Dead"

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Phreak's right - he's only "mostly dead" (from The Princess Bride). But for our British friends, maybe a Monty Python skit is more apt: the one with the dead parrot who "wouldn't go zoom if you put 50,000 volts through him!" ROFL; that one's always been my favorite

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Middle East on the brink

November 6, 2004

THE Israeli Army is on maximum alert amid fears the Middle East will descend into chaos as Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, the man who directed his people's struggle against Israel for four decades, lays comatose in a Paris hospital.

www.news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Wait, is it too soon to sing yet?

Can't wait till this terrorist meets his maker...
As mentioned, some of us remember when his name was synonymous with terrorism, and do not accept him as a "politician" by any stretch....

Me too!

Now, when will Fidel Castro, Kim Jung Il III, and Osama bin Laden (to name a few) join him? Satan needs someone new to torture, after all; even torturing the likes of Hitler and Stalin would bore Satan after awhile, and he knows he's got these newcomers, it's just a matter of time before they show up.

World peace, even a tentative one, may actually become possible once these dictators and murderers are gone from this Earth.

I think he's dead, but the Palestinian terrorists supporting him are delaying saying he's dead as long as they can (because they know that they don't have anyone to hide behind anymore). I hope the regular Palestinian people turn against these terrorists once Arafat's death can no longer be hidden.

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Sharon Will NOT Allow Arafat Burial at Al Aqsa

Of course not! Should the U.S. have buried Timothy McVeigh in Arlington National Cemetary? Not a chance.

[edit on 11/5/2004 by ThunderCloud]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join