It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ stats to votes are in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted yet, or how accurate it may be. But in comparison to the gore/bush iq list I've seen before it seems pretty much the same.

www.seas.upenn.edu...

An average I.Q. of 99 or above for the entire state except 5 states all voted Kerry, the rest with a 98 average or below went to Bush. Is this country being led by the blind and uneducated? Or am I missing something?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wisdom is better than IQ

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
being as liberals are unfortunatly spread throughout the nation(at least untill they all go to canada)I would say that the libs in the red states are more retarded than the ones in the blue states.just crazy enough to be right

[edit on 3-11-2004 by godsmack]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vladtepes
Wisdom is better than IQ

One would think that the logic and reasoning skills needed for a high IQ would lead to greater wisdom.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by godsmack
being as liberals are unfortunatly spread throughout the nation(at least untill they all go to canada)I would say that the libs in the red states are more retarded than the ones in the blue states.just crazy enough to be right

[edit on 3-11-2004 by godsmack]

Go to school and learn how to compose complete sentences, maybe someday you will be taken seriously.

BTW...you prove Natas' point beautifully!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ya I would assume that wisdom is picked up while achieving your I.Q. Kind of a hand in hand attribute if you think about it.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sounds like the same internet hoax that circulated after the 2000 election.
Here's a link to the site that debunked that one.

Notice that the average IQ varies only 10 points from state to state and that there is no indication that either Republicans or Democrats are more intelligent. If I find the current state IQs I'll post them.

B.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Only 3% of the American public has an IQ of 130 or over, That's why so many of our commercials are so utterly ridiculous and we have some of the sad programming on that we have that actually get ratings LOL....it has to appeal the general public.....nuff said!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

Sounds like the same internet hoax that circulated after the 2000 election.
Here's a link to the site that debunked that one.

Notice that the average IQ varies only 10 points from state to state and that there is no indication that either Republicans or Democrats are more intelligent. If I find the current state IQs I'll post them.
B.

It's a sad day when I'm forced to give out a Way Above vote for someone pointing out the facts that others are too lazy or purposely ignorant to find on their own, but you've made enough level-headed, reasonable, and most importantly UNBIASED posts in the last few days that I think you deserve it.

Keep it up, at least one person appreciates it.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Wisdom is better than IQ

I have seen college professor that didnt know how to change a flat tire on their car. These people sometimes have really high IQs but no practical knowledge.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sabre262

Wisdom is better than IQ

One would think that the logic and reasoning skills needed for a high IQ would lead to greater wisdom.

Logic does not always apply regarding human behaviour

Just walk thy walk, grashopper!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but how are they getting these "IQ" numbers? I sure as hell wouldn't know mine to tell a pollster if asked.

I mean, I can see taking a look which people with higher educational degrees voted for whom, where, and with what percentage. However, an IQ score? I've never even seen one other than those silly Tickle crap things I get in my e-mail all the time.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Natas313
Don't know if this has been posted yet, or how accurate it may be. But in comparison to the gore/bush iq list I've seen before it seems pretty much the same.

An average I.Q. of 99 or above for the entire state except 5 states all voted Kerry, the rest with a 98 average or below went to Bush. Is this country being led by the blind and uneducated? Or am I missing something?

iq

Humm,lets see

BLue states have a higher iq average, OK?
Blue states are those where Democrats win the electoral votes of those states

I can say that someone is not using his IQ correctly

What is the reason for mixing an electoral system with an IQ survey?

Would it be safe to say that the highest IQ found in blue states is in direct relation to the higher population density in such states?

FYI: I am a raging neo con

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You actually think that you can post a blind link to a student's school account and have it accepted as fact?

This is a well discussed, and completly debunked hoax.

"Robert Calvert," the joker who apparently fabricated the data in the table that purports to show that smart states voted overwhelmingly for Gore in 2000, claims to have been inspired by the fascinating and important 2002 book "IQ and the Wealth of Nations" by Richard Lynn (emeritus professor of psychology at the U. of Ulster) and Tatu Vanhanen (emeritus professor of political science at the Universities of Helsinki and Tampere and, interestingly, father of the prime minister of Finland.) As the title suggests, that book is about nations, not states. There is no table of data on IQ by state in it, as many have claimed.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Intelligence and wisdom are two different traits. Having one does not automatically grant the other. As far as your post is concerned it�s fun to read but means nothing. The elitist left is always trying to tout their intellectual superiority. It usually comes in the form of a grammatically incorrect post with numerous spelling errors.

top topics

join