It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream News Outlets Have started Attacking Alex Jones & Conspiracy theorists, An Staged Event?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

These Chechens were part of a sleeper group in America fighting for Russia according to CNN.

Why would Chechens be fighting for Russia? Don't they hate Russia ? The same country that bombed them in t he 90s?
edit on 20-4-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Without the Alex Jones and the Me's of this world...you could be letting powerful people....evil people....into your Country and allowing them to destroy what we have built for their own greedy and political and power hungry infiltration of our way of life that they want to take away!!!!

I can't stand Alex Jones, his website is constantly full of lies. Infowars articles IGNORES facts on a regular basis. Since you believe him and seem to be a fan you're more than likely just as wrong and just as annoying.

The world doesn't need you or AJ. Get over yourself.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Maybe the Alex Jone's comparison isn't so far off afterall...

Seeing as I used to listen to AJ for entertainment purposes, now it isn't even tolerable.,.. Alex Jones says that WMD line regularly, as a strawman argument to put down all the "fluoride heads" that call in his show and try to debate him.

Weird how his cult members mimic him..

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

These Chechens were part of a sleeper group in America fighting for Russia according to CNN.

Why would Chechens be fighting for Russia? Don't they hate Russia ? The same country that bombed them in t he 90s?

Don't ask me i already know the history of Russia and the war agaisnt Chechens, you should probably see how Chechens are brutal when it comes fighting. Your lucky that American forces arent fighting them, it would onlyy end badly.

As for CNN claiming Chechens were part of a sleeper group in America fighting for Russia according to CNN as CNN for that not me.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

his website is constantly full of lies. Infowars articles IGNORES facts on a regular basis.

What lies are those?

The Free Syrian Army arent terrorists?
Or the fact that his posting several articles from news outlets as well?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by sonnny1

Oh I guess they just shuffled off all their WMDs to Syria. Listen to Rush much??

LOL. Don't embarrass yourself.

Were you there were you?

LOL.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
....and so with each incident that comes off like coverage from people even the National Enquirer calls a bit too nutty for staff writers, the overall community is lessened just a bit more. Hard to know what reverses that trend either, eh?

Indeed, I don't like the idea of restrictions or limitations, but I think there should be some assertion of what makes a conspiracy, and then some active categorization of new threads.

For instance, if someone starts a thread with images of the victims in the Boston bombing, claiming that a still image shows someone putting prosthetics in place, then it should immediately go to Skunk. It's not proven, it's not evidence, there is as much validity there as there is in someone starting a thread claiming they're currently having tea with visitors from Mars.

There is supposed to be a guide to start a thread with real information, links and facts, but far too many threads are being started based on no evidence, just a fantastical imagined scenario that makes the bad guys who they want them to be.

I also think it might be a good idea to have a sticky thread at the top somewhere stating the difference between fact and fiction. There are far too many people on ATS who seem to think that when someone else says something it means it must be true. I've seen so many people posting links to blogs with opinion pieces, or YT videos with rants, and none of it actually offers any evidence for anything. But because someone else is saying something they believe, they think it's evidence.

I don't see anything changing here any time soon though. I can understand why the guys I knew left, and I am partially regretting signing up too. I wanted to come here for rational debate and investigation into some interesting things, but I just keep encountering people who I would suggest need to seek therapy of one kind or another.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I can't argue a bit with your points and I'm certainly not one to say I haven't fallen into the traps of the lazy a few times myself in using sources that were far more reference than anything factual. I even had a big rant about this very topic at one point..

Sources Sources Everywhere but are they ever used?

Something tells me that I didn't make a boat load of friends here with that one, but as you say... Rational discussion is enjoyable. School yard type arguing is what drives off good people.

* I even take being corrected as a positive and constructive thing, when it's done constructively with facts to contradict my own and show I'm wrong on something ....but even there, it's far too often dropped like the grand finale' of a big show and the "Gotcha" than anything constructive. More people thinking like you do has to be a good thing though, right?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join