It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream News Outlets Have started Attacking Alex Jones & Conspiracy theorists, An Staged Event?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Just my personal opinion and mine alone.

Alex Jones is a carny barker in a long line of carny barkers (INCLUDING Glenn Beck) which shows P. T. Barnum correct time and time again.

Howard Beale said it pretty clearly back in the 70's.

Not saying everything is a conspiracy but damn... a person has to sift through all of the circus that is MSM (and even alternative) with a critical yet open eye.

To put your faith in just a handful of media "personalities" is just asking to be lead astray.

To me, Alex Jones is just another personality that hurts anyone that has ideas counter to any official story. It is so easy for other personalities to point at Alex and his minions and say, "Look how nuts these people are?" He is hurting way mroe than he is helping IMHO and as long as there are the likes of him spouting off then the truth of matters will be easier to hide.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Look, you want to worship Alex fine. I don't subscribe only because I think he does more harm to the truth movement than good.

I am in my early 40's but I have studied history. Especially the 60's because I feel like that was a critical part of our country's development or destruction, however you want to designate that era. My parents were flower children and products of the 60's and were great teachers to me.

I don't think what I look like has anything to do with this discussion and I resent your assertions.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
And here your saying that Stop with your unfounded BS. Stop trying to make every event a massive conspiracy when all the evidence is suggesting it isn't?

1. There is a criminal investigation still ongoing. If this young man makes it to trial for his crimes they need a jury, and they cannot afford to taint that jury with anything more than they absolutely had to release in an effort to catch them. The images released placed them at the scene, that's all. The evidence they reportedly have shows without question one (or both) dropping the devices. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEE THAT right now, and that will HAVE to be saved for the jury to have a sound case.

2. Alex Jones and his army of semi-stupid followers claim such ridiculous things as actors being involved, some claim that no one was killed, some claim that it was all a movie set. But the evidence an common sense would tell us that this would require thousands of "actors", from spectators to those treating them in the hospitals. It's IMPOSSIBLE for this to be the case, and it's insulting to the victims and their families to suggest such.

3. Some suggest that there is a government agency behind this, and while I can actually understand the theory behind it, there needs to be SOME evidence. There is none. Just having a doubt about something IS NOT EVIDENCE.

You claim that not seeing CCTV footage is evidence, or that not being told something is proof. It's not, you cannot disprove something you know nothing about!

There does need to be an investigation, and someone on the side of the investigation will uncover something if there is something there to uncover. There are hundreds of people involved in this, with more of a stake in this than you have, do you really think any of those hundreds of medical professionals, first responders, local police and so on would let it rest if they had doubts about who was behind it? Of course they wouldn't, they would be after whoever is actually guilty.

There is a lot about 9/11 that makes little sense. There is a lot about 7/7 that I demand answers for and gives me cause to distrust. But some of the BS about this event and SH has been on the verge of displaying mental illness. There is a lot about these recent events that has been twisted and made out to be something it is not, with completely baseless accusations about VICTIMS of these crimes.

All many of the more sensible people here are asking is for some common sense and logic. The fact that so many of these "theories" are based in neither is the reason we are being attacked in the media and the reason many sensible people on ATS are fed up with reading through the nonsense to get to the actual facts.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

Look, you want to worship Alex fine. I don't subscribe only because I think he does more harm to the truth movement than good.

Where are you getting this crap from?

here`s what I said about AJ once again (second time!)..

If I had to have a choice I`d take Alex Jones side,seeing he isn`t responsable for these deaths due to his lies,take him with a grain of salt,personally I can`t listen to him longer than a few minutes.

How the hell do you get worship out of that? meaning he`s the lesser of two evils.

I am in my early 40's but I have studied history. Especially the 60's because I feel like that was a critical part of our country's development or destruction, however you want to designate that era. My parents were flower children and products of the 60's and were great teachers to me.

I don't think what I look like has anything to do with this discussion and I resent your assertions.

You think I should care, after how you`ve responded to me? personally I couldn`t give a crap if you had two heads that were perched on a pumpkin,your the one implying and assuming I was a teenager (based on you now revealing your age) yet mix up Thatcher and Albright then I`m suppossed to be what? impressed with your studies.

Take your own advice and give it a rest,you`ve obviously been fighting the machine a few years too long,Thanks for your help but we`ll take it from here.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

How the hell do you get worship out of that? meaning he`s the lesser of two evils.

Sure you haven't made at least one blood sacrifice to honor Jones ?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Careful GrantedBail will take that seriously.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

There is no point trying mate...

I don't know if you were here when the meteorite struck Russia recently. But it did not take long before there were serious threads about the 'government' being responsible for it.

I kid you not.

That is the thinking that goes on in the minds of some here. And that is just scary sad.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Im not sure if im allowed to repost a post from several years ago but this thread reminds me of this:

Originally posted by Dumbass
Im fairly new on this forum, not with the matter though.

The only way to prevent people finding "truth" is, first, by creating multiple "truths" and to blur the infogathering. Second create a hype of the investigation in order to attract lots of peepz that want to join the hype, just because its a hype. We all know that hypes kill itselves, by the overflow of non-information, greediocracy and dumbness

In the end, the "real" truth or "real" thesis will be questioned and dismissed in such a way that there will be no or little room to elborate them. Besides that the real" truth or "real" thesis will be hard too find, and if found, will be judge as disinfo.

If you want to kill conspiracy kill it with conspiracy.
(not that I want or need to)

this post

If you want to kill conspiracy kill it with conspiracy.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Dumbass because: fixed link

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

There is no point trying mate...

I don't know if you were here when the meteorite struck Russia recently. But it did not take long before there were serious threads about the 'government' being responsible for it.

I kid you not.

That is the thinking that goes on in the minds of some here. And that is just scary sad.

I never saw discussions about the meteorite, but I saw what happened over SH on ATS, and I was actually going to sign up then but decided not to, I even went looking for other forums in the same subject without the crazy, but couldn't find any. I also know of two other friends of mine who abandoned ATS then because of the stupid accusations being made about the victims and the insane conspiracies people were coming up with.

There are enough real conspiracies in the world, with real evidence and facts to back them up, but people here are so quick to call anything and everything a conspiracy and even manipulating the truth to fit their ideas in the most extreme ways.

I try to remember that a lot of these might just be teenagers, and perhaps they can't tell the difference between an actual fact and a suggestion or idea, but even a ten year old should be able to tell the difference between something that is probable and something that is extremely improbable to the point of lunacy.

If you put a ball on the ground in front a ten year old and tell them it'll bounce itself away any second now, they won't believe it until they see it. But tell a group of people on ATS that the government just bombed an American city and killed three people so they could take away your guns and they'll jump on it, adding to it, extending it and making it more and more insane with each passing post.

The biggest issue is that ATS seems to do nothing to prevent this or mitigate it. Maybe it will take insults and attacks from other news sources directly at this forum for them to actually start enforcing their statement of "deny ignorance"?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
Alex has nobody to blame but himself.

His Piers Morgan charade did all the damage that was ever needed to be done in order to discredit "conspiracy theorists".

alex jones went over the deep end, but "discredit conspiracy theorists"?.....the reason I believe in government conspiracy, has nothing to do with people like alex jones...but the actual conspiracy themselves
1. gulf of Tonkin
2. Watergate
3. iran-contra
these are off the top of my head, verified, and admitted to, by the federal government....you can't be a conspiracy "nut" when the conspiracy is fact.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Alex Jones makes any conspiracy site look stupid. His antics, and rants lead other people down the wrong road. With bad info, and wild accusations.

Good lord, did anyone read the junk posted yesterday ? people were talking about nuclear weapons, and swearing that kid had help. While he was curled up in a ball bleeding not far from where the gunbattle happen.

Yes there are conspriacies afoot in the world. But fools like him and peoples wild speculation on site's like ours, just gives the MSM ammo to call us paranoid nuts.

Shame on you for yesterday
edit on 20-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Saddam did have weapons and the Kurdish/Iranian attacks prove it... But as for the early 21st century and the bs stories from Bush/Netanyahu/Cheney, where's the concrete evidence he had them at that time? All I have heard is the USA dropping depleted Uranium all over the place and nothing else. The Iraq war was one of the biggest lies of the modern day. No Osama in Iraq also.

But now we have a weasel trying to pull the same bs on Iran.. Once again no WMD's and looking for any justification to invade without concrete evidence (except a stupid picture with a red line through it). When all is said and done after an attack on Persia, we will be sitting here like retarded morons once again debating why it was a international crime until we find another country to hit.

As for Alex Jones, a couple of things piss me off about him. His lack of reporting on the real Secret societies is one of them. I once used to go to his sites for information but today I wouldn't waste a click on him. He done himself no favours tackling Piers Morgan the way he did and I try to keep myself away from people who act like that. He has not helped anyone. I find it very hard to take anyone in front of a camera seriously unless they are on my camera of course.
edit on 20-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The very fact Alex Jones is being mentioned in the mainstream media, proves, without a shadow of a doubt, anything he says is total misdirection and should not, under any circumstance be relied upon for any sort of meaningful reflection of how the world actualy works.

Mainstream Media : Ok and tonight we have someone that tells you how the world actualy works because we dont.

LOL

Right ok then.

Im sure thats what the mainstream media want to do, they WANT to point you, the people in the direction of real informative news so you are able to make your own informed choices on life and in society, LOLOLOL.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The first time I watched AJ was to see what he said about Sandy Hook. He did not class SH as a conspiracy. He said that he needed more evidence to declare that it was a hoax.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Chadwickus

Alex Jones is a bold faced liar, I've lost count how many times he's been caught lying.

He was only caught lying on the Russian Missile threat during the early 2000s as for the other topics such as Syria its a known fact that the Free Syrian Army are terrorists.

The bohemian grove is real although questionable how he had access to the club. the bohemian grove is real and as usual our media ignores there meetings.

If you're not aware of the fact that Jones is a pathological liar then you are misinformed, blind, suffering from cognitive dissonance etc.

That man rarely speaks for more than a minute without uttering some kind of untruth, and he has been proven to tell whoppers many many times.

Amazing how people turn a blind eye to this, or try to validate Jones by engaging in the knuckled headed dualism of "well the MSM are liars". Everything is just black and white to Jones apologists innit?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've had my doubts about AJ, but now there is no doubt, none.

I find it AMAZING that he hasn't reported one thing about the fertilizer plant "explosion" other than referencing one article from RT. This happened in his own backyard and not one word from the guy. Rather, he's conjuring up conspiracy theories left and right about the Boston attack.

edit on 20-4-2013 by curious_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Alex Jones makes any conspiracy site look stupid.

I was working with this guy one time, tear'in a roof off and he said he was gonna take a break.
I wanted to keep working so I told him to go ahead. Pretty soon he's look'in up at
me and say'in." Hey ! Randy, come on down you're making me look bad ".
I laughed and said, " Don't you know, the only one who can do that, is you ? "

edit on 20-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I never saw discussions about the meteorite, but I saw what happened over SH on ATS, and I was actually going to sign up then but decided not to, I even went looking for other forums in the same subject without the crazy, but couldn't find any. I also know of two other friends of mine who abandoned ATS then because of the stupid accusations being made about the victims and the insane conspiracies people were coming up with.

There are enough real conspiracies in the world, with real evidence and facts to back them up, but people here are so quick to call anything and everything a conspiracy and even manipulating the truth to fit their ideas in the most extreme ways.

Well put and I couldn't possibly agree more. I had a bad feeling the community was losing quality people over the tabloid nature of 'speculation' on that and other issues since. I got a few U2U's personally from people who left and I haven't seen back, but I always feared there were a lot more than that who didn't even bother saying a word before deleting the bookmark.

....and so with each incident that comes off like coverage from people even the National Enquirer calls a bit too nutty for staff writers, the overall community is lessened just a bit more. Hard to know what reverses that trend either, eh?

......I actually saw Debka quoted as a source not just once, but multiple times across the events of Boston. I think your second paragraph holds as much truth, painful or not to read, as anything else said around here this week. Some paranoia is healthy. Obsessive paranoia is illness.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

If you're not aware of the fact that Jones is a pathological liar then you are misinformed, blind, suffering from cognitive dissonance etc.

That man rarely speaks for more than a minute without uttering some kind of untruth, and he has been proven to tell whoppers many many times.

I'd honestly never call Alex Jones a liar. Not as such. He's just no crusader for truth and justice. He's a businessman running a multi-million dollar media empire of his own vision and creation. He's taken the enthusiasm which gave it life to disturbing levels of public show at times ....but no one with his public persona could run the media organization he does, day to day and with real investors/sponsors that trust his judgement to support him.

Michael Savage is actually a full Doctorate in the field he pursued and in a book, very plainly states his public side is 100% persona and showmanship for the audience. It defines and sells the brand and very successfully. Alex is no better or worse....just making it like everyone else. He's just got a particularly obnoxious 'shtick' at times, IMO.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
People hate Alex Jones because he speaks the truth and destroys the MSM's lies and stories.

edit on 20-4-2013 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join