It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds dead and injured in China earthquake 6.6 - 7.0

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Media are reporting 70 dead but they havent found everyone, and with like most of these events the numbers do tend to rise as time goes by.

An earthquake strikes Sichuan province leaving dozens of people dead and hundreds injured, Chinese media says. More than 70 people have died and over 600 injured after an earthquake struck China's southwestern province of Sichuan, Chinese media says. The quake, measured at varying magnitudes between 6.6 and 7.0, hit at 8.02am local time close to the city of Ya'an in Lushan county and the epicentre had a depth of 8 miles (13km), Xinhua reported.

Pretty big quake at 7.0, they are used to quakes but still you can only do so much to prevent loss of life, especially in rural areas.

edit on 20-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: to add second news report with additional amatuer footage

edit on 20-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: added magnitude to title

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
God love 'em.

I hope they find the survivors quickly and peace to all those who're lost and gone.

peace

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It's been a tough week all around the world! Iran, I believe just had a big earthquake also, a few day ago right? And the massive flooding in the United states and the explosion that rocked Texas!

It's as though the earth is roiling with anger! I hope there are no after shocks. I remember watching the news when Chili was rocked by two in a relatively short period.

Thoughts and Prayers to those in China. Be safe.

Cirque

edit on 20-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
They have sent 2000 troops to help...sounds like there will be a lot of dead people

Thankfully it never happened in the middle of the night, i think the death tolls are a lot higher when people are sleeping.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So awful . prayers and thoughts to all.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join