It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a big " Well done " to all the Police and security forces involved in Boston ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Moshpet

(Does anyone want to guess how this would have played out in Texas... I sure don't.)

Please explain why any of this would be different in Texas? I don't understand the location as an indicator?

Let's call it my attempt at levity, and observation from being a Texan.

Texas is not exactly big on restraint....
More guns, and the cowboy justice mindset.

Though we do have the Texas Rangers, which might have cut down on 50% of the needed troops.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yeah, well done!

Professionalism at it's best.
How much did this nice big expensive show of force cost the taxpayers?

Never-mind the fact the kid never got more than .6 miles away from the point where they allegedly lost 'em...

How do you lose a suspect when the entire nation is looking for them this day in age, anyway?

edit on 20-4-2013 by Sek82 because: yep

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Never!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've been reading through this thread and I am quite astonished by the reactions of some people. However, the funny thing is this forum represents the minority and not the majority of Americans as well as other people worldwide who were amazed by the hard work and effort the security forces put in during the past week. Boston Police, State Police, the FBI and The Secret Service should all be very proud of themselves.

There were law enforcement officers who presumably had not slept for hours and who still had to remain alert to the danger. Their dedication to do their job is actually awe inspiring. One police officer sadly lost his life and another remains critically ill and yet there are people in this thread who have no respect and lack common human decency.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by beezzer

Personally, and in all honesty, I was sickened by the draconian police-state approach to finding this guy.

If your love one was killed or maimed by these guys, would you still feel sickened?

I would still feel sickened even though they were caught because it was STILL a tragic and unnecessary waste of life and limb, and it sickens me to realize that we have progressed as a society ZERO percent in the past few thousand years!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

I am usually the last person to side with cops. George Carlin is my hero. But, in this case, I will eat crow. The authorities had a clear target, a plan and motivation. They executed their plan precisely. No harm to citizens, no collateral damage. They achieved their objective without seriously interrupting the populace. Well done! Well done indeed.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
How about a big NOT well done to all those Boston finest! Please consider the reasons for my disparaging comment to such a great ending.
First, how many active police officers did it take to look for ONE man? Five thousand, ten thousand, a figure you will not hear about since it would give away some National Security risk. What about the number of tactical vehicles; which were brought in from around this and adjoining states to do what, provide a show and tell?
'But the one issue that really frost my butt is the unofficial mandate of issuing Marshal Law which shut down how many major communities (five, six or more) effecting 1 million or more people; including shutting down the entire Boston public transportation and do what, instructed everyone in those communities to stay at home with their doors and windows locked and hide/cover their behinds under a table? Ridiculous! This event should never have escalated to this point, if the police NOT allow ONE MAN, the younger brother to escape.
It appears that there are so many questions which need answering, making this whole episode counterproductive. Yet we see all of the politicians patting each other on the back for a job well done. Insulting!

edit on 20-4-2013 by ykyrys because: I had to add a "t" to event and ONE MAN in the final sentance.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I salute them, they put their lives on the line. Unfortunately for the members on this board, you just can't win can you? And if they just put a small task force to hunt this guy down and he disappeared for months on end, people would be complaining here that they could have gotten thousands of police to come the place in the first place.

I swear, the people here are born to complain.... at least in certain circumstances.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
FBI already had a file on older brother.

sounds to me like their ineptitude cost America the life of a young police officer.

how many people that fit his description have already been visited by the FBI in regards to terrorism concerns and just so happen to be living in that area. should not be that long of a list.

if they were capable of figuring this out on their own they could have picked these kids up at school where they were still partying with their friends instead of having to hold a press conference asking for our help and scaring them back into action.

As far as I am concerned that young cop is dead because the FBI arent as good at their job as they want you to think

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well done chaps. People will feel safer because of you.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

You mean their dedication to hunting down and killing two boys that may not even be involved in the bombing, as soon as possible? Their dedication to violating people their rights, and at the same time not providing any actual evidence to support the fact that the two boys are the supposed "terrorists"? I think you mean their dedication to power trips.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Like yourself, I too have read some of the threads regarding the dedication of these fine police officers, whose dedication and willingness to serve the public is truly appreciated and inspiring. BUT THAT'S THEIR JOB!
Each one of these men and women took an oath to honor and serve us, the public; accepted all the privileges and hardships that came with this chosen fields, to now say that they were tired and hungry and taxed to the limit, seems somewhat indifferent to their cause.
If that's the way they feel, maybe another occupation should be in their agenda and be actively pursuit by them.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I was totally sure that they'd blown that kid to pieces during that next to last burst of machine gun fire, but I was wrong. They'd just lit up the area around the kid to prove to him that his options were spent. I was really glad to be wrong about that and I have to hand it to the cops for NOT killing the kid in this case. They did a good job, and they shut down the entire city when they got word of bombs here and there that were discovered.

If this was a false flag, then the whole thing would've been much neater and the narrative would've been made-for-TV - like on 9/11, and the shoe-bomber and the underwear bomber, and some of the other obvious scare-scenarios we've seen play out for prime time. This was messy and I lived in the Boston area for 18 years, so I know it was authentic in its messiness. The cops worked with the locals and it got handled as best as could be expected. No cop heroes, but plenty of regular folks stepping up and lending a hand while the cops opened the investigation to let them.

Good change of pace from the closed ranks bullsh*t that we've seen on display over the decades. Hats off to 'em. Even if only for the newly discovered ability to ask for help from the rest of us. I like this new way of doing things and I hope it gets to be a trend.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ykyrys
How about a big NOT well done to all those Boston finest! Please consider the reasons for my disparaging comment to such a great ending.
First, how many active police officers did it take to look for ONE man? Five thousand, ten thousand, a figure you will not hear about since it would give away some National Security risk. What about the number of tactical vehicles; which were brought in from around this and adjoining states to do what, provide a show and tell?
'But the one issue that really frost my butt is the unofficial mandate of issuing Marshal Law which shut down how many major communities (five, six or more) effecting 1 million or more people; including shutting down the entire Boston public transportation and do what, instructed everyone in those communities to stay at home with their doors and windows locked and hide/cover their behinds under a table? Ridiculous! This event should never have escalated to this point, if the police NOT allow ONE MAN, the younger brother to escape.
It appears that there are so many questions which need answering, making this whole episode counterproductive. Yet we see all of the politicians patting each other on the back for a job well done. Insulting!

edit on 20-4-2013 by ykyrys because: I had to add a "t" to event and ONE MAN in the final sentance.

Live devices were found in Cambridge, and this was why they shut down the city. Not because of the kid being at large. Hell, he'd been at large since Monday. - duh -

The news media turned it into an "event". The cops didn't. They just did what they do. What they always do, when there's a manhunt. They were like this when they were looking for the Charles-Carol Stewart shooter, only back then, then didn't ask for entry, they broke down doors all over Mattapan, Dorchester and Roxbury, and shoved guns in everyone's faces for days on end. Things have gotten a lot better in Boston since 1989. Not that you'd know this, but the locals know it, and they seem pretty pleased with how this manhunt was conducted.

You must be really young, and fairly sheltered from what police work used to be like only a couple decades ago. On TV it sure seems like everyone already knows exactly how to manage these kinds of things, and the truth is that they do because the whole thing is scripted on TV. On TV and during false flag ops (once the epic failure has had its intended effect, of course)

edit on 4/20/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

They just shot the first kid, and so I thank the police for not putting him through that long process in court, they truly are heroic. Not. And how was 9/11 neat? It was a mess with people jumping off buildings, fire trucks and ambulances everywhere, and people screaming with so much smoke that people couldn't even see in front of them. They just didn't shoot the kid to show that the people actually care about "honest justice", whatever that means these days.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So every time a single suspect is on the loose, an entire city must surrender its civil rights and enter martial law and total police state lockdown?

You have the mind of a slave.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So. Officials did a threat and risk assessment and determined that this was the wisest course of action, and the people of Boston cooperated with law enforcement to make the job of apprehending a criminal easier and to reduce the risk of harm to everyone involved, citizens and law enforcement alike. The people doing the job of hunting down a criminal were able to just that, to focus on one thing without the interruption of daily situations or another detonation and and without the need to worry about the safety of civilians from either friendly or hostile fire. What's the big deal here? If you really think about it, the pros of doing this far outweigh the cons. Cooperation is something there is far too little of in this country and this world today.

Job well done by both law enforcement AND the people of Boston in my book

edit on 4/20/2013 by ~Lucidity because: meh typo

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity

They just shot the first kid, and so I thank the police for not putting him through that long process in court, they truly are heroic. Not. And how was 9/11 neat? It was a mess with people jumping off buildings, fire trucks and ambulances everywhere, and people screaming with so much smoke that people couldn't even see in front of them.

(once the epic failure has had its intended effect, of course)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Well done to them, and all the rest (FBI, etc) that worked so hard to catch those scumbag terrorists. Here's to hoping they got all involved, and there aren't more such attacks.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If 9/11 was "neat", why wasn't this neat? I didn't see police running around like ants, but during 9/11 they sure did.

Yep, kill the first kid, and just leave the other to find out what it's all about. Guilty until proven guilty, is that what you mean? Do you mean that they shot the first kid without any evidence that he was involved in the bombing, and just left the other kid to find out what it was all about? What happened to fair trials, innocent until proven guilty, serve and protect?

Is this who I should respect? People who shoot first, and ask questions later? I'm sorry, but I don't respect murders, but it sounds like you do.
edit on 20-4-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join