It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a big " Well done " to all the Police and security forces involved in Boston ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

Which part??

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

No, civilian found bomber, police took him into custody. If I understand everything right, the guy found him in the boat and called the cops who came, got into a gun battle, then managed to get him to come out of the boat...had the guy tried to do it himself he would of probably been shot and killed.

Cuddo's to the guy who found him too

He did the right thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I was wondering, how does a house to house search work and how does it help?

If the police come to a home, they knock and come in, go from room to room right? Now if I say my 16 year old is in the bathtub do they have to go in the bathroom?
I mean people are living their lives, do you go into their bedrooms and bathrooms? What if they won't answer the door because they are "busy" or to ill to get up?
If they skip anything at all doesn't that make it pointless, because someone may be holding my 16 year old hostage in that bathroom?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
As far as gratitude, should we not feel the same to anyone doing their job especially hazardous work? These are not drafted persons they chose their work because it is what they wanted to do. Surely they are not looking for thanks.

What about the late night and overnight gas station attendants...very hazardous job, I am glad they are there. The guys who build the bridges and work on those hanging cliffs to build a safe road? I doubt anyone ever thanked them for their chosen career. Yet it effects us all everyday.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by gunshooter
You gotta be kidding right? I read the title of the thread and thought it should've been in jokes and puns. It was one of the biggest waste of tax payer dollars for one, a clear violation of rights doing door to door searches, and one of the biggest fear mongering schemes I've seen in quite awhile.......... yeah, big well done to these guys..

Interesting logic.

So had they done nothing and let these two guys run around being chased by starsky and hutch alone, and it then takes weeks, I guess it would have been a waste of tax payers money, when they could have caught them with an all out effort.

They're wasteful and it's stupid if they do, and it's a false flag if they don't.

?

Dude, really, don't even go there. This was pretty clear cut for what it was intended to be. If your eyes aren't open, then I guess they'll never be. This was a ridiculous case of waste and abuse. Did we see this type of dragnet for the DC sniper?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

There you go."thought". They're going after someone "thought" to be a terrorist. You can't just go on a manhunt ready to kill people based on an assumption.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ehh.. ultimately it was a guy taking a smoke who caught the guy. Did you see the outrageous expensive gear they were using? WHY does our police forces need military grade gear to deal with us civilians? Did you see the multithousand dollar Humvee's?

Police ulitmatley ended up getting one of their own shot adding to the death toll. Major waste of money.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Police ulitmatley ended up getting one of their own shot adding to the death toll. Major waste of money.

This might be one of the more ignorant things I have read here.

Let me see if I get this right..You are blaming the police for getting one of their own shot vs the reality of the person who pulled the trigger?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

How about a welcome to the police state in full gear and this is what you pesky citizens and slaves have coming from now on, you better be afraid very afraid because the police state will be invading you life, privacy and your homes all in the name of the common good

That is what I have to say about Boston.

edit on 20-4-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Because that is how tyranny and tyrannic government look like, get used to it because that is the face of new Amerika were you are the enemy.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The IRA did not drive through the streets lobbing bombs and shooting at police DUH. I remember. Oh by the way the area around all bombings was cordoned off for days.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

How about a welcome to the police state in full gear and this is what you pesky citizens and slaves have coming from now on, you better be afraid very afraid because the police state will are invading you life, privacy and your homes all in the name of the common good

That is what I have to say about Boston.

Well good thing what you have to say about Boston is incorrect.

Make sure you ask some Bostonian s how they feel, nah what's the point it is much easier to claim Martial Law or a Police State then look at reality.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yes, the Police, First Responders and all deserve a pat on the back.
Things could have gone so wrong it is not funny.
That we didn't have any extra deaths among the civilian population is proof that they did very well in keeping control of events and themselves as best they could.

(Does anyone want to guess how this would have played out in Texas... I sure don't.)

Everyone is so bent out of shape over people being _asked_ to stay indoors and out of harms way, and of voluntary allowed searches. Yet damned few of us were in that position, and under that cloud of uncertainty and fear. The owner had a choice to freely admit the police for an in and out search, it wasn't a tear apart the house search for any misdemeanor to arrest people.

From all accounts the police etc were professional and courteous... even after 16-18 plus hours on the clock & stress.

The other thing that I saw was a lack of utter commons sense by several people in that community that went around after the bombing dressed in a close approximation of the bomber's attire.

That could have gotten people, innocent people, killed... including the idiots that dressed that way.

So yes, given the shear amount of opportunities for disaster, and the fact that they got the job done with out those disasters, they deserve a well done.

Oh and the last guy was caught alive... something everyone had doubts would happen.
So again, a good job.

M.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Moshpet because: 42

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

The reality is that America is no longer the nation of the people, that is what you need to start looking at, I have lived for 10 decades in this nation and nowhere is this nation what it was when I was growing up.

No all conspiracies are myths our nation is changing and we are the enemy of those that have taken over.

Wake up and smell the reality of life in what it was once the nation of the free.

US open society is a danger of those running the show behind the manufacture government we have.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Everyone is so bent out of shape over people being _asked_ to stay indoors and out of harms way, and of voluntary allowed searches. Yet damned few of us were in that position, and under that cloud of uncertainty and fear. The owner had a choice to freely admit the police for an in and out search, it wasn't a tear apart the house search for any misdemeanor to arrest people.

If this is true that does that make it pointless? The person who has a child being held in the back room would say no to the search? Can someone tell me how this works?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I would like to thank the police and government for;
Their heavy-handed approach
Their willingness to inhibit the freedom of thousands
Their ability to deny all Constitutional Rights to everyone
Picking up the phone when a woman found the criminal

-Personally, and in all honesty, I was sickened by the draconian police-state approach to finding this guy.

You would think these guys would figure out what happens to them when our govt asks them to do stuff like this.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
How about a big " Well done " to all the forces of law and order involved in ending the Boston bombers reign of terror ?

I think they are due some praise. Police in general get a lot of stick here on A.T.S. if they are deemed to have behaved inappropriately, deservedly in some cases, less so in others.

And we wonder why it's so easy for TPTB to control us and play monkey bars with us... Just read the above comment and get the answer.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

(Does anyone want to guess how this would have played out in Texas... I sure don't.)

Please explain why any of this would be different in Texas? I don't understand the location as an indicator?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I guess I don't understand when the shoot out occured at MIT, why BPD didn't completely staturate the area with units. Especially, since their was a massive amount of LE in the area due to the bombing at the marathon. At the hight of the incident there was 9000 individuals looking for this guy. In the end, it was a civilian who found him.
I live in a metropolitan area myself. In five minutes, the interstate can be secured in five minutes, and the major throughfairs in the city controlled. With the resources such as helicopter (with FLIR), heavy vehicles, and thousands of officers this situatuion should have ended sooner without the overkill. It was my understanding they had wounded the suspect, why not use bloodhounds. Those hounds would have found him in no time.

It probibly was a good idea people were told to stay inside. Everyone becomes a suspect. Combine adrineline, stress, knowing other officers were "down", and knowing the suspects were using explosives it could have gotten worse for the civilians.

I'm just glad the guy was captured alive so maybe we can get to the bottom of this.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by Xeven

This might be one of the more ignorant things I have read here.

Let me see if I get this right..You are blaming the police for getting one of their own shot vs the reality of the person who pulled the trigger?

This thread is about giving the Police a "Well Done". Ultimately a civilian cuaght the guy and for me at least "Well Done" would mean they get the guy without getting anyone killed in the attempt. SO no it's not well done.

Perhaps better training, tactics or protection for the officers would have helped. It was NOT "Well done". Not blaming the police I am just saying they could have done better.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join