It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a big " Well done " to all the Police and security forces involved in Boston ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I think I am just as much a rebel as you are.

If you were living in the Metro Boston area today, I doubt that they would have disallowed you from leaving your home. You might have got a shake down on the sidewalk but I would venture a guess that most residents were sitting tight watching CNN and looking for something good in the freezer.

Just a guess.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

to do so would be 1000 rounds in to you or giving the perp the chance to get away or being shot by the perp, Now in this case they did not know if he had bombs with him or not, telling every one to stay home and lock there doors was the best they could do, if they had people out in the street and driving around , he could have been in the next state by now doing more bombings and then how would you feel if more got blown up by him getting away.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

OK Beezer. I will just respectfully disagree with you.

Love your avi btw.

Who can't fall in love with a tearful bunny

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Beezzer like always gets the full credit.

Thank God!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Beezzer like always gets the full credit.

Thank God!!!!

It's the crying bunny meme that does it. Any other avatar and I'd be labeled an asshat and probably be banned!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

I could agree that it was an exercise in total population control. No doubt. That kind of training you just couldn't get during a drill.

I just disagree on the "martial law' type of thingy.

I was however alarmed by the involved of the DOD. That in itself is enough to give you nightmares.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If you all want to stay in doors when the "PTB" tell you too so be it. I will come out when they tell me to stay in.

Thats in my nature.

Night Stalker girl, you have a long History of Fear if you reference that event.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You have been labeled as an Asshat for sure....so one out two aint bad on this site.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by beezzer

You have been labeled as an Asshat for sure....so one out two aint bad on this site.

Yeah but my wife's opinion shouldn't be held against me.

I'm just a freedom-loving opinionated poster who is an innocent little fluffball.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
“The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves.” – Dresden James

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, thats how it needs to be on this site.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Naturally I would feel pretty crappy if that happened. That should go without saying. My opinion on this may be that I should be able to leave the damned house if I want to does not mean that (in this situation) I would leave the house. I do still have common sense. I don't want to die or to cause anyone else to die either. BUT that "for everyone's good" thinking is the exact thinking that gets us to roll over. You are scared into doing whatever is necessary for "safety". In my post above I explain why I feel that is a bad thing. The bigger the disaster means more rights will be suspended. I may feel safer in another location but someone else gets to make that decision for me and that scares me a little.

What if we have a bigger bombing with 50 suspects across 4 states? What if cities are locked down for weeks and your family needs food but are told you can not leave the "safe" area? That's a scary thought to me. I understand everyone does not feel this way though. It isn't stretching it to think that would be possible with the right kind of threat/attack.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oi ! This isn't a bunny cuddling forum !

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Are you calling me the "Night Stalker Girl"?

Yes, I was afraid, I was 18 years old and lived with two other girls my same age. We were all scared to death.

Dude, that was 15 years before the internet went mainstream.

To this day if there was some random serial killer climbing into people's homes through open windows in the middle of the night in the summer, I would still have some fear. I am a woman and I don't own a firearm and I sleep very soundly.

Are you freakin Batman or something??

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

Originally posted by Plan2exist18
“The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves.” – Dresden James

Nice quote! So many on this site discuss scenarios where they would fight any attempt at government police-states.
We see thread after thread on gun rights and 2nd Amendment rights and how it could never happen.

Yet we just saw how easily it could happen. We saw how easily it did happen.

Without a single shot fired, an entire city was cowed.

Granted, it was only for a short time.
Granted, freedoms were allowed right after.

But it did happen. We allowed it to happen. We cheered when it happened.

And we thanked them for doing it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Not Batman but I think if you had 3 girls you could of fought off anyone. Im just saying, we have been though alot and we most likely will be though much worse but in those days and these I will refuse to be afraid.

I remember why Jihad exists, to make us afraid.

edit on 20-4-2013 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

OK Hoochymama. I am gonna let you be who you are. No hard feelings. :kiss:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Perfect!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No spouses opinions should count...eva!