It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a big " Well done " to all the Police and security forces involved in Boston ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Good job? Ummm.....okay.

Riddle me this....how many trained law enforcement agents does it take to catch a wounded 19 yr. old college student?

(a lot!)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It was a MANHUNT. Yes I would imagine being locked down like that. They were going house to house. This isn't about freedom.

I remember one time back in the day, the cops had a kid that had got caught robbing a house down the street. They asked all of us to lock down and they did go house to house looking for him. No one felt like they were intruded upon. It was the police doing their job. They finally found him in a dog house in someone's back yard about three blocks over. Standard procedure.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

" I find irony in that Americans speak of freedom loudly and proudly, but were the first to cede it in the face of danger. "

I'm assuming you are referring to the police instruction to the public to stay indoors ?

Was'nt this done for the safety of the public, in case a shoot out ensued, or more bombs went off ?

link   
Having an uncle and a grandfather who were police officers (and who did their job with due diligence), I have a high respect for law enforcement, and don't have a predetermined disliking of them as some people because you can't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

With that said I listened to the entire scanner broadcast until the apprehended him and I have never listened to a scanner/police broadcast for that long, but I heard nothing but the utmost professionalism from every officer involved. This is one instance where the cops could have killed him on the spot in the first five minutes and very few people if any would have something to say negatively and they executed their jobs absolutely perfectly. All conspiracies and negativity toward the law aside, anyone who heard what we did today should have a new-found for the police if they didn't have it already. They showed how you enforce the law the right way.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
ATS, please. Having everyone stay in doors is such a stretch in this situation. It was ONE guy, who yes was a wrestler but still. More thousands of people on the streets with Cops also on the streets would of been way easier to catch the guy.

I am not the one who usually agrees with Beezzer but in this case having everyone stay indoors is for sure a pretext to something. And everyone "scared" and staying in doors proved they have everyone in control. Way to go America.

Edit: added a z
edit on 20-4-2013 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Don't be so dramatic. Seriously! It was a MANHUNT. Now, if they were throwing around citizens and roughing everyone up and drones were flying overhead shooting people's dogs, then you would have a reason to complain.

Geez, ever lived in the hood??
edit on 20-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Look, there are many who want to clap and say a job well done. Go ahead and do that. But, making everyone stay in there houses in Boston "one of the toughest citys in the East" was pretty easy. When the real goes down, not just one guy, dont take it so easy.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by beezzer

" I find irony in that Americans speak of freedom loudly and proudly, but were the first to cede it in the face of danger. "

I'm assuming you are referring to the police instruction to the public to stay indoors ?

Was'nt this done for the safety of the public, in case a shoot out ensued, or more bombs went off ?

"For the safety of the public"

Take away guns, "For the safety of the public"
Stay in your homes, "For the safety of the public"
Don't open our business, "For the safety of the public"
CHIP's for all, "For the safety of the public"
Remove freedoms, "For the safety of the public"

Where does a line get drawn? When does it stop being "For the safety of the public", and "Do as your told, or else"?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

How was that dramatic?? I would of been out my house looking for this guy with every Police Officer. Instead, Boston, "the toughest city" stayed in doors scared out of there mind because of one guy.

Actually, they were scared because the "authorities" told them to. Good for Boston.

Can you imagine when this happens in California?? LOL!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

So in this neighborhood you mention did they shut down all the public transportation, deny all through traffic, shut down the hospitals, railways, etc? I didn't see that in the news?? This was a little wider spread than just a few folks told to remain in their homes until further notice.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 4/20/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I don't believe a single word I hear on the news about this and neither should any of you. For all we know, these guys have absolutely nothing to do with the bombings and the investigation could be completely bogus. I can imagine the pressure they must've been under to procure a suspect in the case. Can't trust the Media...can't trust the Feds, and definitely can't trust a Cop.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Okay beezzer, what is the alternative ? The suspension of rights and freedoms was only temporary, after all.

I don't see this event as the beginning of the state clamping down on rights and freedoms, generally, the measures were deemed necessary by someone to get the job done, hopefully without any members of the public getting hurt or killed in the process...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
No disrespect to Boston PD but the FBI was the lead on this. If you followed the thread with the Scanner than you would know Boston PD would of had this dude along time ago.

They didnt search this area for a reason.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Best Post in this thread so far.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

You need to look up the public reaction when the general public realized they had the Night Stalker. They would have killed him. Likely your scenario would have ended even worse. You don't think that there wouldn't have been weapons out in that public masses, knowing the suspect was hiding somewhere amongst them. That is really Polly-Anna.

I know that, had the circumstance been different, they did not ask for people to remain safely at home, and the suspect killed someone, the people on ATS poo-pooing the way it was handled would be complaining about that. If he had engaged someone with a weapon and been killed, people at ATS would be complaining about that.

I don't believe in any conspiracy theory. I have read enough history to know each story remains the same but the players change each era. That make me an "outsider" here, and as an observer I have come to the studied conclusion that "conspiracy believers" are just not happy with the status quo, no matter what the status quo is, changing their turn when the status quo changes, and finding fault with everything ever done to anyone at anytime...because they are sure (despite an amazing lack of actual hard evidence and way too many "what ifs" to even try to apply logic) everything is wrong, the bad men are out to do "things" to you, and you are just helpless but "aware."

You guys whine about everything.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by beezzer

Okay beezzer, what is the alternative ? The suspension of rights and freedoms was only temporary, after all.

I don't see this event as the beginning of the state clamping down on rights and freedoms, generally, the measures were deemed necessary by someone to get the job done, hopefully without any members of the public getting hurt or killed in the process...

That's a good question. The suspension of rights was temporary, this time.

Next time? The time after? I feel that this sets a precedent. There are probably numerous meetings going on right now about how to implement procedures and protocols from this event.

I hope that this was a one off. I'm glad to see the bastard caught and no-one else was inured (keeping in mind the police that were harmed).
But I don't trust the government. I don't trust the "authorities".

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

That was a little harsh.

I lived in OC when the nightstalker killed a couple in Mission Viejo. I was scared and started closing and locking my windows at night.

I just think people are equated the manhunt to some kind of suppression of their freedoms. It is an over-reaction, I will give you that.

And hey, I am one of the biggest conspiracists around. I see them everywhere

But, I think people are equating a manhunt with martial law. Everyone is a little edgy.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I dont live my life on what ATS thinks. Nor do I live my life on what anyone thinks. I live my life to be Free.

That means I would of looked for this guy like the lady who actually notified the authorities that the guy was in her boat.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

And by the way...The public caught Ramirez too. Cops only saved his life after the public got a hold of him.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The Night Stalker killed more people than these two guys yet we had the biggest man hunt in History.

This is not a once in a life time event. This will be the norm

Like someone else mentioned about the Freeway shooters.

You might be a female but the Night Stalker might of been more of a female than you (just look at that guy) and he might really of never been the Night Stalker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join