It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a big " Well done " to all the Police and security forces involved in Boston ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I worry more about "executive decisions". If they wanted Beez, all they have to do is swipe the electronic pen, and poof!

Think about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I can only agree again. The "For your safety", "For the safety of the world", etc. is what has gotten us TSA and a few little added "benefits". I am not sure what the answer is, but it didn't feel right to me just as it didn't to you. Safety is important but at what cost? And how much should we be willing to give up for the "faux" promise of it? It's certainly a hot button issue at this point.

CX

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I would like to thank the police and government for;
Their heavy-handed approach
Their willingness to inhibit the freedom of thousands
Their ability to deny all Constitutional Rights to everyone
Picking up the phone when a woman found the criminal

-Personally, and in all honesty, I was sickened by the draconian police-state approach to finding this guy.

Really? Heavy handed approach? Have you ever been up close and personal with someone thought to be a terrorist who has bombed innocent people? Take it from me, you tend to leave the cuddles and biscuits at home.

This place would have been awash with threads slating the police if they had done little to get this guy.

I agree with the OP on this one, they do deserve a pat on the back, as do the many members of the public who helped with the apprehension of the suspect.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. People should try it sometime.

CX.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by beezzer

With respect beezzer, If the Boston bombers had gone on to wreak further havoc in the U.S. and not been caught, then what ?

Either we shut down every city where "they" would attack, or we carry on. I really don't remember England frozen in fear and unable to do anything when the IRA was at their height!

I think they had to flood the Boston are with police and security agency staff to get the job done. I would agree there was some temporary suspension of freedoms and liberties, which seems wrong in a democracy, but this meant they got the job done..?.

They got the job done, yes. You can take a 20lb. sledge hammer to drive in a thumb tack. Or you can use your thumb. Both get the job done.

But which one is way over the top?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't know. I guess, no. To be honest, Id probably be rooting them on.

Appreciate the honesty.

I don't totally agree with the way they did things, and will not attack anyone for questioning how it all played out. All I can say is that times have changed what we saw today is probably going to be the norm going into the future.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
There are several things that don't sit right with me about the whole thing. I want to wait and see what the entire "official" story will be when it is all said and done. Chances are it will still change some in the next few days to a week.

I'll save my thanks until then.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

To me, this feels like thanking the TSA after a full body-cavity search.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

I worry more about "executive decisions". If they wanted Beez, all they have to do is swipe the electronic pen, and poof!

Think about it.

Oh that still may come. Personally, I feel that this isn't over by a long shot!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You want to thank someone...Thank the fellow who called the police when he noticed someone in his boat!
That's the Hero of the Day IMO...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just a thought, beezzer, we did'nt have the instant electronic media, in those days, that we have now ?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by beezzer

I can only agree again. The "For your safety", "For the safety of the world", etc. is what has gotten us TSA and a few little added "benefits". I am not sure what the answer is, but it didn't feel right to me just as it didn't to you. Safety is important but at what cost? And how much should we be willing to give up for the "faux" promise of it? It's certainly a hot button issue at this point.

What changed, after last night? What is different now?

I think they (government) has set a precedent.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

ha ha ha ha. Good one. Give that citizen a raise.

link   
I'm sorry, exactly what did they do well?

The suspects basically gave up their ids when they told the carejacking victim they were the bombers.

Someone else found the second suspect.

link   

A fair point, relocator....

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

Think about it.

Oh that still may come. Personally, I feel that this isn't over by a long shot!

Agree. Thats what worries me too. All it takes is something to happen, and the executive decisions start to be implemented. Along with the Patriot Act.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Do you really think they gave up that little tidbit?? That story reeks. I can't imagine those men doing that. Did they also give the man their astrological signs and religious motives?? Ha ha. Did they tell him it was "jihad or bust"??

link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by beezzer

Just a thought, beezzer, we did'nt have the instant electronic media, in those days, that we have now ?

Do you really think that would have made a difference?

I find irony in that Americans speak of freedom loudly and proudly, but were the first to cede it in the face of danger.

The UK? The authorities actually had more respect for individual freedoms.

link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

He should get a state tax break at least...
Right...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

It should be a deduction? That is what I was thinking.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They have definitely set a precedent and we have shown how easily we will roll over when threatened. How easily we will barter our freedoms for the promise of safety and security and In all honesty it's a damned scary thing IMO. I hate to be the crazy conspiracy theorist but there it is. I will totally own that opinion above and while I hope and pray that the above wasn't exactly the result they were looking for, I do feel they are not totally unpleased by it. It's not the last time we will see it... I would bet money on it if I had any.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join