It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a big " Well done " to all the Police and security forces involved in Boston ?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

How about NO!!!

What part about trampling the rights of an entire suburb deserves praise again?

What part about a CIVILIAN locating the suspect after the government oh so GRACIOUSLY lifted the lock down order is so hard for people that still want to believe the government is anything other than a tyrannical behemoth that is slowly grinding everything that made this country great into dust is so hard to understand?

What part of the area they locked down and pretty much unconstitutionally searched THOUSANDS of private residences when the suspect wasn't even within the area they cordoned off to search is so hard for people to understand?

What part of every single thing about the way the federal government especially handled this incident was recklessly irresponsible, flagrantly unconstitutional, deliberately divisive, and worst of all it was made blatantly obvious that the entire response was handled the way it was to ACCRUE POLITICAL CAPITAL and PUSH AGENDAS.... NOT KEEP PEOPLE SAFE do some of you not understand?!!!

Oh and for those of you who aren't drinking the kool aid and looking on in glazed eyed brainwashed awe while CNN, Faux News, Msnbc, and CNBC intsruct you on what you are supposed to think and feel about what just happened.... we all need to be VERY concerned because this incident showed us very very graphically how willing local police forces will be to trample all over your rights as long as orders come from on high and CNN is backing them up and telling the sheeple that it's for their own good!!

For those of you that think I am being histrionic or overdramatic in my post. Or for those that think the people within the cordoned off search area were treated respectfully and, for the most part, "voluntarily" agreed to allow law enforcement to search them and their property.... You need to watch this video!

This is what "voluntary" searches for "your own safety" look like under the new regime

In this video you will notice that when the resident opens the door for the heavily armed and armored tactical team he is not given ANY option other than to shut up, put his hands up, and be manhandled while other officers swarm past him into his residence! Well he did have one option... he could have "defied" the "directives" of the tactical team and been gunned down on his front porch for being so UNREASONABLE as to demand respect and his constitutional rights from the tactical team.... but I'm sure we all get that this was not in his best interests. And further we should all get that if he had done this the media would have painted him as a dangerous radical who was "endangering" others by demanding his rights be respected...

Honestly if you can watch this video and NOT see something wrong with it, there is something wrong with YOU!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie

Honestly if you can watch this video and NOT see something wrong with it, there is something wrong with YOU!!!

For centuries, police have had the right to search homes in pursuit of a dangerous criminal. That is in fact precisely why the police exist. Nothing in that video indicates those officers lacked probable cause. That is exactly how you search a home if you have any reason at all to believe a terrorist might be inside.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Another for a big well done for Boston PD.

Even if you believe in the conspiracy that this was a "put up" job, do you think that the whole of the FBI and police were in on this?

Don't you think that many of the police force will either have lived in the area or had friends or family in the area. This would have made the threat personal and (if my UK police friends are to go by) made them more determined to remove the threat.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buckrogerstime

Argumentum ad populum my friend. If I said I truly saw a UFO right now, and passed it on to hundreds of people, no one would believe it, because it is too much for them to handle. But if I said there's a terrorist about to bomb a city, and I was in fact lying, after passing it on, everyone would believe it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
Argumentum ad populum my friend. If I said I truly saw a UFO right now, and passed it on to hundreds of people, no one would believe it, because it is too much for them to handle. But if I said there's a terrorist about to bomb a city, and I was in fact lying, after passing it on, everyone would believe it.

People are indeed more likely to believe you if you said a terrorist existed than if you said a UFO existed. This is not just because "most folks believe it." It's because probably 100% of neutral scientific experts believe in the existence of terrorists, while a far smaller percentage believes in UFOs.

This is not to say that UFOs don't exist; it's to say that terrorists are more likely to exist.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buckrogerstime

See that's just it though.... while exigent circumstances do sometimes allow for a LIMITED license to search without a warrant it is also already established that the ONLY thing you can search for is the criminal you are attempting to apprehend!

There are already reports coming out saying people had their firearms seized and etc during this "lockdown" and house to house search.

In addition to this, it was proven by the fact that the suspect was found OUTSIDE the area they went house to house searching that they were in the wrong area to begin with.

Then there is the fact that, contrary to your assertions, the police really had no justification for handling the searches the way they did! Pointing guns in the faces of those answering the door and forcing them to put their hands up and not even bothering to ask permission to search the premises. In fact they were treating the people in the houses like perpetrators, NOT like people who may be ENDANGERED by the suspect!

Also, part of the issue is with the sweeping scope and extraordinarily large physical area they conducted these involuntarily and not really legally justifiable searches in! It is one thing to search an entire apartment building or even every house on a single street, but when you are talking AT LEAST a 20 block radius... that's taking it too far...

Bottom line is there is absolutely ZERO reason to congratulate or thank ANYONE involved in the clusterf*** that was this situation! They flagrantly abused their power and bungled every step of this situation!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well done for the idiotic unprofessional job. 1000 vs 1. You guys rock

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

shut up stupid drone

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arolexion

shut up stupid drone

All right. How about a big "Well drone"?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
How about a big " Well done " to all the forces of law and order involved in ending the Boston bombers reign of terror ?

I think they are due some praise. Police in general get a lot of stick here on A.T.S. if they are deemed to have behaved inappropriately, deservedly in some cases, less so in others.

sorry no praise for those fascists here. i will however give a shout out to this guy.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by buckrogerstime

Originally posted by roguetechie

For centuries, police have had the right to search homes in pursuit of a dangerous criminal. That is in fact precisely why the police exist. Nothing in that video indicates those officers lacked probable cause. That is exactly how you search a home if you have any reason at all to believe a terrorist might be inside.

so all the known terrorists must have been hiding in every house in town. glad the cops found the suspect

"b-but i feel so m-much safer letting them snoop through my house i'm n-not harboring a t-terrorist in"

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Useless fu**ing sheep!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

What ? Their big ass checks, half priced homes, most every weapon at their disposal, pensions, early
retirement, power over the lives of others and to get their own way.
And endless opportunities for corruption, that result in personal gain isn't enough ?
Well hoo rah then.
edit on 23-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles

No never unless your one of those guys ok with ripping up the constitution? Did you see/hear about the extent of the lock-down. It was like an experiment.. of course they are very opportunistic. No NEVER give up your freedoms and liberty's at any cost or you don't deserve them in the first place.

Do, please, provide news links (not blogs with no proof) of the extent of the "lockdown". From all I heard, they asked people to stay inside for their safety, and weren't out arresting any and all that didn't. That was after these radical Islamic terrorists killed a campus op and robbed another guy. While you are at it, if you or someone else could post evidence of this supposed "9000" cops all chasing one guy, do that as well.

Originally posted by buckrogerstime

Originally posted by icanhearmusic

They found him in a boat and tore that boat to shreds with bullets. Exactly, its a miracle hes alive!!

Its seems very very strange that they go after a "suspect" and shoot to kill.

They clearly had every possible opportunity to kill him. He is currently alive in a hospital. You think Boston PD just forgot to kill him? 9000 police officers got distracted by a phone call, and then he drove himself to the hospital?

How on earth could you think they were trying to shoot to kill? They COULD'VE shot to kill, and they CLEARLY did not. This barely even seems like a conspiracy theory; it seems more like a basic logic problem.

Logic clearly has little to do with the theories of some. I can completely understand wanting to protect freedoms, but as of yet, I have seen no proof that any weren't respected. If someone has that, I wish they'd post it, so we could discuss it, instead of assuming such happened with no evidence. Totally agree; if they'd wanted him dead, he would have been dead. Nice, too, isn't it, that so many talk about the cops killing the brother, but neglect to remember that the younger RAN OVER the older? Gee, which killed him, bullets or the car?

Originally posted by randyvs

What ? Their big ass checks, half priced homes, most every weapon at their disposal, pensions, early
retirement, power over the lives of others and to get their own way.
And endless opportunities for corruption, that result in personal gain isn't enough ?
Well hoo rah then.
edit on 23-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

You clearly don't have a clue. I know for a fact the average pay for a cop where we live is PATHETIC, and they do, for the record, a great job, and are polite, respectful, and responsible. LOTS of people get a pension or retirement pay of some sort; why should cops be any different? They risk their lives daily. They are in more danger than the average soldier (and this is coming from a soldier's wife).

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyesDo, please, provide news links (not blogs with no proof) of the extent of the "lockdown". From all I heard, they asked people to stay inside for their safety, and weren't out arresting any and all that didn't.

Perhaps you have not seen these photos?

www.liveleak.com...

The cop in the HMMWV is pointing a fully automatic assault rifle at the person taking a photo from his window. For whose safety?

The photo of a middle aged lady being hustled out of her home at gun point (again why are they pointing locked and loaded firearms at people who do not resemble the suspects in any way?) is an especially fascist treat.

The citizens (who also do not resemble in any way the suspects) lying face down in the dirt with their hands up might not be an "arrest" per se but as far as that person is concerned being put face down at gun point and frisked is probably close enough for government work.

I have participated in (and lead and organized) a Cordon and Search operation which is a military operation. This is exactly what this was a text book cordon and search.

Just because you don't call it martial law doesn't mean it isn't.

This is in my book will be remembered as the day America died and we transitioned to full on AmeriKa – 1984.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyesDo, please, provide news links (not blogs with no proof) of the extent of the "lockdown". From all I heard, they asked people to stay inside for their safety, and weren't out arresting any and all that didn't.

Perhaps you have not seen these photos?

www.liveleak.com...

The cop in the HMMWV is pointing a fully automatic assault rifle at the person taking a photo from his window. For whose safety?

The photo of a middle aged lady being hustled out of her home at gun point (again why are they pointing locked and loaded firearms at people who do not resemble the suspects in any way?) is an especially fascist treat.

The citizens (who also do not resemble in any way the suspects) lying face down in the dirt with their hands up might not be an "arrest" per se but as far as that person is concerned being put face down at gun point and frisked is probably close enough for government work.

I have participated in (and lead and organized) a Cordon and Search operation which is a military operation. This is exactly what this was a text book cordon and search.

Just because you don't call it martial law doesn't mean it isn't.

This is in my book will be remembered as the day America died and we transitioned to full on AmeriKa – 1984.

Appreciate the links. Been looking all over for some evidence. Seen claims of forced searches, but haven't seen much in the way of video so far, or any firm statements from anyone that didn't consent to a search. A family member watched a Dateline (I think) that talked about this, but they said "most people" consented to having their homes searched, and didn't offer any information on any that might not have. All things considered, this is looking very bad.

I wasn't going to apply a label without good evidence, because too often, such things are said when they aren't true, and "crying wolf" isn't a good plan. Hence, a request for firm evidence. Pictures are good! Is there any firm data on how many homes were searched, and who, if anyone, didn't consent? In a case like that, I would NOT have. I would certainly know if some stranger was in my house, and would have no need for an armed search. Pointing guns at people, and having people on the ground, who most likely had no association at all with the suspect, is beyond bad. The more we see, the more this looks like clear martial law, for NO good reason. ONE suspect, at large, isn't a call for that sort of action.

The ONLY time I could see them acting is in the specific area where he was found to be hiding. Clearing those homes, for safety, is reasonable. The rest of this seems beyond any reason.

So, at this stage, we basically don't live in a free country. This was predicted before the '08 election.

Thanks for the data.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join