It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a big " Well done " to all the Police and security forces involved in Boston ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You have to be joking ?

9000 + leadfoot coppers to catch a couple of youths with pea shooters & cooking utensils?

What a laugh.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Its a good thing they acted, unlike lazy people that would not act at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Maybe if they deserved it, but they clearly don't. They had a run-in with the two evil doers and one got away -- even though there were six or more officers engaged in a firefight with the two perps. Then they lock down the city of Boston, put on a 9,000-LEO manhunt and find nothing. Only after the authorities rescinded the lock down did a homeowner go outside and notice fresh blood on his boat and then looked under the tarp and saw the wounded, 19-year-old punk. Then Johnny law comes in with robots and helicopters and all to apprehend him. This is Keystones Cops crap, Judge Dredd-style.

NOPE. Nothing well-done about it whatsoever, besides the fact that all the goons in combat gear and armed with assault rifles didn't kill any innocent civilians and the cops didn't burn the boat down to get the perp. But these aren't things that earn a "well done".

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Dude that could have been a poem. Spot on

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
Only after the authorities rescinded the lock down did a homeowner go outside and notice fresh blood on his boat and then looked under the tarp and saw the wounded, 19-year-old punk. Then Johnny law comes in with robots and helicopters and all to apprehend him. This is Keystones Cops crap, Judge Dredd-style.

The reason the suspect had no place to go and no hostages to take was because the city was on lockdown and he lacked continuous access to public/private forms of transportation. Good thing you're not in charge of the police department.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by CX

To me, this feels like thanking the TSA after a full body-cavity search.

Thank you sir and/or madame, may I have another?

@Beezzer, glad to see we agree on some things.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by beezzer

Okay beezzer, what is the alternative ? The suspension of rights and freedoms was only temporary, after all.

I don't see this event as the beginning of the state clamping down on rights and freedoms, generally, the measures were deemed necessary by someone to get the job done, hopefully without any members of the public getting hurt or killed in the process...

Yeah and Hitler only temporarily declared emergency powers in Germany when he took over in 1933. Of course this lasted for another 12 years...

You're saying if something is deemed necessary, then it should be allowed, even if it is against the Constitution? Who gets to decide this, the local tyrant?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You're saying if something is deemed necessary, then it should be allowed, even if it is against the Constitution? Who gets to decide this, the local tyrant?

It's not against the Constitution to temporarily attenuate civil liberties in emergencies. This is why it's constitutional to ask the public to stay out of dangerous construction areas and forest fires.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Holy #, # no. they shot him. they were trying to kill him. it was shoot to kill. That is #ED up. as in do not pass go do not collect $200 and in his case jail is death. This cannot be legal, what if he was just a kid who had no part in it but is #ing freaking out because his brothers been killed and every agency is after him. This is not right people. wake up

edit on 21-4-2013 by icanhearmusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by icanhearmusic
Holy #, # no. they shot him. they were trying to kill him. it was shoot to kill. That is #ED up. as in do not pass go do not collect $200 and in his case jail is death. This cannot be legal, what if he was just a kid who had no part in it but is #ing freaking out because his brothers been killed and every agency is after him. This is not right people. wake up

9000 law enforcement officers were shooting to kill, and he was taken into custody alive? Please explain this miracle.
edit on 21-4-2013 by buckrogerstime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
BPD. They weren't let in on the secret. Nothing more than the tools of the 1%
edit on 21-4-2013 by AkhenatenII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkhenatenII
BPD. Nothing more than the tools of the 1%

Yeah, they only protect Watertown from terror, the Beverly Hills of Boston

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
What were they supposed to do? Let them run around with bombs?

Unbelievable. Who here has a better idea of what they should have done?

ATS has gone downhill, and it's a shame. I miss the days when we denied ignorance.

Now, EVERYTHING is a conspiracy and flimsy theories abound. Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by buckrogerstime

It's not against the Constitution to temporarily attenuate civil liberties in emergencies. This is why it's constitutional to ask the public to stay out of dangerous construction areas and forest fires.

What was the emergency? We have armed criminals running around towns, being chased by cops and these cities are not shut down. This was Security Theatre. In fact it was only after the lockdown was lifted and some homeowner went outside, that the 2nd perp was found --by said civilian, not any of the 9,000 cops and paramilitaries.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

What was the emergency? We have armed criminals running around towns, being chased by cops and these cities are not shut down. This was Security Theatre. In fact it was only after the lockdown was lifted and some homeowner went outside, that the 2nd perp was found --by said civilian, not any of the 9,000 cops and paramilitaries.

Most armed criminals being chased by the cops do not have the proven intent and capability to injure or kill hundreds of innocent civilians.

I addressed your second point earlier on this page. The lockdown was effective, both in apprehending the suspect and in preventing injuries/deaths.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
What were they supposed to do? Let them run around with bombs?

Unbelievable. Who here has a better idea of what they should have done?

ATS has gone downhill, and it's a shame. I miss the days when we denied ignorance.

Now, EVERYTHING is a conspiracy and flimsy theories abound. Ridiculous.

I'm not saying anything about a conspiracy theory. I'm saying this manhunt was incompetent and the lockdown/shutdown of the city was unnecessary and actually hurt the manhunt.

What could they have done? How about use blood hounds to track the guy, after he left blood tracks? Why did they let him go during the first shoot out, when there were 6+ officers on the spot and any number in the general vicinity? Why didn't they use helicopters in conjunction with IR goggles or cameras during the night to attempt to find him? As it was he was only found once the lockdown was rescinded and a civilian went into his yard and spotted something suspicious. I'm saying the manhunt was incompetent and that the fuzz deserves no "well done" and a pat on the back. The only thing they did right was not kill any innocents -- and I expect that out of them. How about the innocent guy who got manhandled and strip-searched -- all without probable cause.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well, I wouldn't have put it like that myself but I get exactly where you are coming from! I mean I found the scenes of the celebrations afterwards really weird. The usa chanting, people jumping up and down and then some of the small interviews with individuals from the crowds afterwards. I swear it felt like I was watching the aftermath of a sporting event victory or something?
made me uncomfortable to be honest.

As for saying a big 'well done' .... I mean yeah, aren't they just doing there job? a job they chose to do knowing full well the dangers involved? I really see no reason for the big victory parade and Hero tags.

Just my opinion.

edit on 21-4-2013 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

What could they have done? How about use blood hounds to track the guy, after he left blood tracks? Why did they let him go during the first shoot out, when there were 6+ officers on the spot and any number in the general vicinity? Why didn't they use helicopters in conjunction with IR goggles or cameras during the night to attempt to find him? As it was he was only found once the lockdown was rescinded and a civilian went into his yard and spotted something suspicious. I'm saying the manhunt was incompetent and that the fuzz deserves no "well done" and a pat on the back. The only thing they did right was not kill any innocents -- and I expect that out of them. How about the innocent guy who got manhandled and strip-searched -- all without probable cause.

How in the world would you know whether they had probable cause? Were you there on the street at 3 a.m.?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm happy for Boston that the ordeal is over and they can rest tonight, thanks to the LEO's that completed their job. Well, done.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

No never unless your one of those guys ok with ripping up the constitution? Did you see/hear about the extent of the lock-down. It was like an experiment.. of course they are very opportunistic. No NEVER give up your freedoms and liberty's at any cost or you don't deserve them in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join