It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police, FBI, and DHS Dropped The Ball In Apprehension Of Last Boston Bomber

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Being tired is not an excuse! Some examples are listed here, how is this any different?

The difference is very exception circumstances calling for an unusually large number of staff to be present.

Nurse: Gee I am tired, hope I didn't miss giving any diabetics their meds.

Nurse: Gee I know that 500 people are injured in the great earthquake, but I'm tired so I'll go home now. Seeya tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The entire story from the last day doesn't make sense. How could they lose him so quickly? There's helicopters with heat sensing equipment, dogs and probably a few things they don't let the public know about.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm just glad they put the sick bastard down before he killed anyone else.I think this could have been much had these junior terrorists had any real bomb making knowledge.

CX

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

As you say, there are times when you can kick back and relax. during this operation, there will have been areas that were less at risk than others. I bet the guys searching the boat and surrounding area, the ones actually engaging the suspects in gunfire and having explosives thrown at them weren't chatting each other up.

You can't judge a whole operation on what you assume from seeing something on camera. Many people can perform their job more than professional in a manner than most would find strange. Go look at the way some surgeons conduct themselves in operating theatres.

In fact, you'll find most high stress jobs have an accompanying sense of humour and coping mechanisms that many would find just plain weird.

You just can't pick out a picture of a cop laughing and take it that the whole thing was unprofessionaly done.

CX.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I agree. Cops are people and in this situation are stressed. Making inappropriate jokes about the stressful situation is a coping mechanism present in all humans. That is why the humor from Military, Police and even firemen is so black.

P

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
What was it, minutes after the Press Conference when this started??

The Boat was never searched, the person who lived in the house stated as such. She called the POPO when she noticed bloody clothes near by.

She is wondering why the Cops never came to her door. Many Neighbors wonder the same thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

They knew he was listening to their every move, that's why they held the press conference and lifted the lock down. He had heard it and let down his guard, but that was LEO's plan... it was a gamble and it worked. He's now in custody.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

But how on earth do you miss the obvious shed or boat?

It was outside their cordoned search area.

Finding a person in a few square miles of city or woods is a bigger job then most realize. Even with the FLIR, there were so many civilians in the area that it would be almost impossible to tell who belonged there and who didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join