It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police, FBI, and DHS Dropped The Ball In Apprehension Of Last Boston Bomber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ok call me sour grapes when everyone else is celebrating. But I think much money, time and effort were wasted. At one point I heard as many as 9,000 law enforcement officials were present. And they supposedly swept the grounds. But how on earth do you miss the obvious shed or boat? Even CNN was commenting about the boat being a possible hiding spot throughout the day. I just feel like we had 9,000 bumbleheads bumping into each other. Did you see them on video at times? Many of them looked like idiots!

Folks were lamenting about how Dzhokar Tsarnaev was a real life Rambo. Well I certainly didn't see any examples of this. And he ended up being just an injured criminal hiding somewhere while bleeding to death. I can remember hearing multiple times through out the night of blood being found in the area, Wouldn't common sense say hey, he is likely injured and hiding?

If there is ever a next time, they really need to have documentation of every property and it's structures cleared and who did it. And then a second person reviewing the list a second time and confirming there have been no missed structures. All that money spent on fancy equipment is worthless if it is being used by idiots.

So, I was wondering what inadequacies you may have noticed? And how would you improve upon them?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
well if you want the truth , they should have made the web for the hunt much bigger 20 blocks was not enough 25 and they would have found him , but do to a privet citizen finding his hiding place do to a blood pool and a ripped boat cover, being 1 and 1/2 blocks out side of the web, i think they did a good job for one he is in custody and a live to tell his tail and to spill the beans on what was planed and why many
to the PD and Feds for doing it right.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I listened to a great deal of the Police scanner audio during the manhunt. The Police did a reasonable job reacting to information from the public. I heard between pages 91 and 100 of a shed with a padlock on the ground. I heard many other items all of which the Police responded to.

It is very easy to sit around after the chaos of the search is over and say this or that should have been investigated. It is easy in the light of day to dismiss the fact that many, many Police were on their second or third shift in a row.

There is no evidence that I have seen that says the Police missed him in that boat. I would have circled behind the Police lines to find a place to hide that had already been searched.

Finally we have Boston, a city with 650,000 people and the Police were trying to find 1 specific individual.

What we have is an example of how hard this task was and always will be!

Could the Police have done better, possibly! But I am guessing that the task of coordinating between so many agencies is very difficult especially when many have huge overlaps. The Feds want control over the State resources while the State forces resist this attempt.

The one problem in the US is the sheer number of alphabet soup agencies all with overlapping powers and individual agendas.

Hell, I have problems finding my dog if he gets out and he is not hiding! Nor is he trying to shoot me or leaving bombs for me to find.

P

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You know what, you're right. Those cops suck. If it wasn't for that guy going outside, the suspect could have bled out and died right there.

I'm curious if they will ever show a 3D reenactment on how the initial shootout took place, and how on earth a 19 year old was able to evade multiple policemen.
edit on 20-4-2013 by UnaChispa because: Forgot to add I would not have put a city on complete lockdown like they did. That was retarded and a waste of money.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

My dog leaves bombs for me all the time...well poop bombs.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
S&F

Well said! Though in reality, the united Arrogant cant stand to hear it..

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
well if you want the truth , they should have made the web for the hunt much bigger 20 blocks was not enough 25 and they would have found him , but do to a privet citizen finding his hiding place do to a blood pool and a ripped boat cover, being 1 and 1/2 blocks out side of the web, i think they did a good job for one he is in custody and a live to tell his tail and to spill the beans on what was planed and why many

Well, when I heard about this on the radio, they said that the Boat area was already cleared. How do you miss such a large and obvious structure?

When I watched Fox Live video for a very short bit, I saw every cop doing something different. Some that looked like they were day dreaming, one holding his weapon like a nervous, "Shakiest Gun In The West", another tripping over his feet, many looking indecisive, and some laughing and talking etc.... While some others seemed to be doing their jobs. The entire scene though was very unprofessional!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It's dark, the area is large, there are millions of places to hide, multiple agencies are involved and probably have trouble communicating with each other. Oh, and you have one eye to your front and the other over your shoulder. Piece of cake!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think:

1. Multiple agencies not communicating correctly

2. DHS was set up for this to happen

3. Multiple agencies not communicating correctly

4. FBI always seemed to be in charge

5. FBI has visited this Family before

There are many questions that need to be answered in this one. But, the scenes we see is multiple "Americans" clapping there hands and not asking questions.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Celebrating yet another false flag.. funded by all their taxdollars keeping terror alive

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

tell you what, you go 96 hours with out sleep. Respond to every call as if it could be the one, and then get the one that is, and then put it on the web for all to see, lets see how you would act. I was watching the thing on NBC ABC CBS to see how they did , for MSM did an ok job ABC a c- for their reporting, to many phone calls from people that did not see that much A+ to the gent that told how his neighbor discovered the suspect in his boat. He could have been shot and the suspect could have gotten away, I think he did a very go job as telling it not once did he let the news get a word in.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

Hindsight is wonderful, especially when you don't know if the suspect doubled back or not.

I do not know if this was twenty block square or twenty block radius.

20 block square is 20 blocks by 20 blocks = 400 blocks
25 block square is 625 blocks requiring 50% increase in search personnel.

20 block radius is 1,256 blocks
25 block radius is 1,963 blocks.

It was not just 20 blocks, that is 5 blocks by 4 blocks.

Give hindsight a rest. How big are 'blocks', how many houses and yards needed searching. At night!

All the while the searchers have to be wary of that shot from the blackness that may take their lives and at the same time they are tired, hungry, thirsty and full of adrenalin.

P

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tropic

how is it a FALSE FLAG?? one is dead do to a shoot out and the other is alive and in a hospital. If this was a false flag no one would be alive or they would be still looking. This is not, in my minds eye, a false flag. Please enlighten us.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I would be pissed to when the FBI knew where they were this whole time. But, overtime pay for a Police Officer is pretty damn good.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
all those expensive mercs who were standing around the bomb site and who left just before the bombs went off might have got the bombs before they went off
that woulds have saved some expensive body parts and lives and of course ....money

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The biggest "Fumble"?????

Allowing this Terrorist back into this Country !

A “foreign government” asked the FBI to look into one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspect’s “possibly extremist ties” to a terrorist organization in 2011, an FBI official confirmed Friday. The bureau complied and interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, to investigate any possible ties to extremism. The FBI determined Tsarnaev represented no threat and found “no derogatory information,” the Washington Post reports.

Confirmed: Foreign Gov’t Asked FBI to Look at Boston Terror Suspect for ‘Extremist Ties’ in 2011 — They Determined He Was No Threat

That said, I cant fault the boots on the ground, its our Presidents inadequacy of making Government Bigger, not Better........

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The Police locally are always the last to know what is going on. In the "scanner" thread many requests were made to have a spotlight on the Boat but over the airwaves it was always "the FBI doesnt want it" and so they back down.

The FBI was the head of this situation, not the CIA.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Then perhaps those properties searched at night should have been done again during the day. I assumed that they would have done this. Seems like common sense to me.

And if they were that tired, then a second search was mandatory. Or they should not have been performing them in the first place. They could get themselves and others killed from dereliction of their duties. If your position makes a difference in life or death then it has to be done right.

Being tired is not an excuse! Some examples are listed here, how is this any different?

Pilot: Hope I didn't miss any of my pre flight checks, I was tired.
Surgeon: Gee I am tired, hope I didn't miss any bleeding arties. Yawnnn....
Fireman: This double shift is rough, hope I didn't miss any smoldering embers.
Nurse: Gee I am tired, hope I didn't miss giving any diabetics their meds.

edit on 20-4-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Well, when I heard about this on the radio, they said that the Boat area was already cleared. How do you miss such a large and obvious structure?

When I watched Fox Live video for a very short bit, I saw every cop doing something different. Some that looked like they were day dreaming, one holding his weapon like a nervous, "Shakiest Gun In The West", another tripping over his feet, many looking indecisive, and some laughing and talking etc.... While some others seemed to be doing their jobs. The entire scene though was very unprofessional!

Please allow me to add something from personal experience of being involved in a few incidents like this in the past (although not on this scale).....

The police apparently did not miss the boat at all. They said it was searched and it was clear, later the suspect was found in the boat. That can happen.You're not in the boat when it's searched, then you hide in it. What's so hard to understand there?

As someone else has said, it was dark. It's not easy looking for someone in the pitch black who doesn't want to be found. Yes there are many pieces of equipment at the disposal of the police, but it still takes time, and it does indeed take a lot of manpower of you want it done properly and as quick as possible.

They caught the guy after a day on the run. In my eyes that's pretty good going.

As for police "tripping over themselves" and looking unprofessional, how many times do you trip up on something? Does that mean you can't be trusted to walk? Please.

Police are trained to do their job, not act like robots with stone like faces like they've just been treated with botox. There will be times when you are stood at checkpoints chatting with your colleagues, you talk about all kinds of things to pass the time, family, work, sometimes God forbid even share a joke or too. That's like me seeing someone laughing at a funeral wake and saying they are heartless. They could be reminiscing.

How can you tell if someone is indecisive? There was an active scenario where things were changing from second to second. They will be running back and forth like yo-yo's. Maybe some were nervous, there's a guy running around that they believe to be dangerous enough to shoot and bomb police officers. Some of those officers would be new to the job or even experienced but with no experience like this. It can be a scary, or at least you are very very aware with a hugely heightened sense of danger. It's not fun.

I'm not making excuses for the police, i'm just saying how it can be.

I don't think people realize what organization an operation like this entails. To be honest, i don't on this scale. I do know however, that generally the people who criticize will have never, nor will ever spend a day in the shoes of officers like this.

Yes they have their faults, but don't we all. We all cry for the police to be less robot-like and more human, yet when they are, they get damned for it.

Just my two cents.

CX.

edit on 20/4/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

The entire area that the boat was in was cleared, not just the boat. This includes the shed that he was in earlier. Obviously they missed somewhere. I do not think it was unreasonable to expect every spot to be swept twice.

I am expected to perform my job, "robot like" with zero errors. And I have many times worked an entire shift without even a bathroom break let alone taking the time to smile at a co-worker. Sure if it is a quiet night, then we can sit back and chat it up a bit. But when all heck breaks loose, we are 100% at attention to our duties. So how should they be any different? I would not consider yesterday the type of day to be chatting each other up. This is how people get killed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join