It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

arrests Muslim teen for allegedly taunting Jewish subway rider 9 to 1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

Stephan Stowe, 17, was charged with harassment after telling Jewish rider ‘They should have killed all of you.’ Police also wrestled a woman to the ground and arrested her after angry onlookers swarmed the station's platform, snapping video and yelling at cops during the incident.

It seems it does not take much to set people off an sick stuff to happen....Manners and acceptable behavior is endangered more and more.... I hate stuff like this especially when there are 9 against one if I am reading the article correctly..

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Oh i guess if you decide to not return a greeting, the greeter is in his right to threaten you with death, right ?

Keep in mind folks, if you dont greet someone in return, they're totaly right to tell you they're goin to kill you

edit on 20-4-2013 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It's always something. All because the induvidual wouldn't acknowledge him? Asenine. IMO this is a case of an individual "flexing his muscles" in front of his friends, he felt invincible due to power by numbers.

Things like this are happening too frequently. IMO. I strongly feel that this is more of a problem due to culture more so than religion. If one is up to date on their current events, they don't have to be a genius to figure that out.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's not a surprise many people hate the Jews for no real reason. But I'm glad this woman was arrested. Who wanted to be harnessed by some weird stranger anyway?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
Oh i guess if you decide to not return a greeting, the greeter is in his right to threaten you with death, right ?

Keep in mind folks, if you dont greet someone in return, they're totaly right to tell you they're goin to kill you

edit on 20-4-2013 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

"You think you're better than me?" the teen allegedly said. "We are cousins."
"No we’re not," The man shot back, and told Stowe to leave him alone.
The suspect then started hurling ethnic slurs and called the man disrespectful

I guess you only read what you want to read right? Selective reading I guess.

Well for me, its typical "chosen people" arrogant and superior response and I've heard it so many times that I can even hear the tone of those words in my head. And yes... the man was disrespectful. Want respect? Earn it.

Where I come from... if you greet me, no matter where you come from, what religion you are, what color of your skin is, if your gay or straight, if you're rich or poor, a priest or a hooker, I will greet you back.

[snip]

edit on 20-4-2013 by Kandinsky because: removed anti-semitic comment

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

TextI guess you only read what you want to read right? Selective reading I guess.

That seem's to be your problem to. You for got to add or you neglected to add this part from the same article.

"I'm going to kill you right now," Stowe said, according to cops and court records. He then swore at the man, according to cops and court records, and in an apparent reference to the Holocaust added, "They should have killed all of you." Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Yea, That's shows you just how civilized Mr. Stowe was,,

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I personally have nothing against the Jews. But something tells me that something is not right! There must be some (explainable reason) that they have been deported, chased and hated hence wandered around the world since the creation of their religion.

Start with +/-3000 years ago, first and the only nation in history were Iranian to accept and welcome them, but then again they have created “Esther and her BS” against the ruling dynasty (creating discord and chaos) resulting 75,000 death of Iranian as the sign of appreciation for the support.

This is an ancient problem….

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Where I come from... if you greet me, no matter where you come from, what religion you are, what color of your skin is, if your gay or straight, if you're rich or poor, a priest or a hooker, I will greet you back.

What if I'm a Jewish, gay, rich, hooker carrying a badge?

Would you say 'hi' then?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565

What if I'm a Jewish, gay, rich, hooker carrying a badge?

Would you say 'hi' then?

"Why that's not a Jewish, gay, rich, hooker carrying a badge - That's my wife!!"

as he runs off the train in despair...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

It's jealousy and envy, plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

You have to keep in mind that some people are generaly shy or easily intimidated.

I've seen people hold out there hand to greet someone then sucker punch the person. Maybe this kid had a similar experience.

Nonetheless, dude was in the wrong n if I would have seen him bullying other dude I would have made sure he wouldn't try that thuggish crap again cuz that's what it is, thuggish. Denying that is enabling and that's part of what is going wrong in the U.S.
edit on 20-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Except that saying AsalaamMaleikum to a Jew (or non muslim western people) is not a greeting but a direct provocation just like saying hey ni*** to a black person.

It's all about context and you should check it out before making statements about greeting etiquette.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

I don't live in a large metropolitan area, and I never would. WTF? Why aren't there riot police gaurding the subways and train stations? I see the news from Chicago. Seems to me, there are criminals just waiting to attack you.

Conceal and carry. Blow those stupid girls away that want to beat you, and then film it to show on youtube.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This irritates me. I hate other people in general, and especially hate talking to people I do not know. I avoid speaking with strangers if I can help it, particularly on public transit. I'm there to get from Point A to Point B without incident, not be chummy with some random yapping dolt and make conversation every 2 feet of the way.
Sorry to irritate the little twerp on the train, but I'd have ignored him, too. Just because you speak, it does not mean you require an answer unless it's pertinent

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

Except that saying AsalaamMaleikum to a Jew (or non muslim western people) is not a greeting but a direct provocation just like saying hey ni*** to a black person.

It's all about context and you should check it out before making statements about greeting etiquette.

So... he must submit and completely change his greeting so he does not offend his jewish overlords?

"saying AsalaamMaleikum to a Jew (or non muslim western people) is not a greeting but a direct provocation just like saying hey ni*** to a black person"

That is scaled very high on the BS meter... I've been told "As-salam alaykum" many times, and I replied accordingly and not once I felt offended by it. But then again, I've probably dealt with more muslims than you'll ever get a chance to deal with.

Would you feel offended?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
What are the odds someone named Sheniqua was involved and arrested in all this. Man, what can you say lol, pretty stereotypical.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

Would you feel offended?

I wouldnt, but then I would not also be under any obligation to respond to anyones greeting and no matter how slighted they felt violence is not the way to go about it. Simple as that.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
A coupe of things to add to the discussion here. It's plain rude period to not say hello back when someone greets you. If I get on a bus and I say hello to the person I just sat across from and they just stare at me then look away like I'm some sort of asshole for being polite and civil then that person who failed to respond back is guilty of being the real asshole. They are the rude ones. Also, why not say hello back. Is that person simply too lazy to respond like a normal human being. Or are they too entitled to feel that they should have to be inconvenienced by the real world for a split second in their inwardly focused fantasy world.

On the other side of the coin there is such a thing as being too friendly to the point its rude. For instance there are some people who insist on having a conversation with some stranger while on the bus and either don't care or are blind to the fact that the other person isn't interested in having a conversation. In this instance A group of guys walking across a bus to a specific person and trying to engage said stranger in a conversation could be considered rude.

But on the other side of the coin again, the guy could have shown some savvy and simply said hello back, nodded his head and gone back to what he was doing and it probably would have been all over. If something happened after that then he would have been 100% justified in blaming the other guy in regards to any incident. But he didn't he decided that two wrongs make a right and acted like a jerk back. Bad things happen to anybody who does that.

Another thing to consider was that the guy could have been trying to reach across the isle so to speak and greet the jewish guy as a show of community. Maybe not but we don't know his original intentions. When the other guy refused his extension maybe it insulted him and thats what set him off.

One thing I can tell you from experience is that very orthodox jews often don't acknowledge other people when in passing. My family lives in a neighborhood with many of this denomination. When any "outsiders" walk down te street they refuse to say hello in response. If you smile at them when and say hello when they walk by they refuse to make eye contact and wont talk to you. To me I just make excuses that it's just a part of their religion to not be friendly to anybody who isn't one of their own, or to even acknowledge them. But I gotta admit I do feel offended each and every time. I know for a fact it offends everybody else in the community too. It does translate to others as a form of disrespect. It does feel like a slight when it happens. And it definitely feels like they are entitled to not talk to someone lesser than them. Thats what comes across to others that I've talk to in that community that experience the same thing.

Finally, there is nothing wrong with greeting someone with assalamualaikum. It's just another way of saying hello. It doesn't have any equivalent to saying hello (enter ethnic discriminatory word)! I can walk up to the same guy and say Ni Hao. Hola, heck even benedictus and the response from him or any civilized person should be at least a psudo smile and a nod of the head in acknowledgment. Anything less is just rude.

After thought. Again going with a two wrongs don't make it right theme. The guy once offended could have simply gone "uhh. OK not much of a talker, guess some people have no manners anymore" and walked away or something similar. and it would have been over too. Just cause you are offended doesn't mean you should loose control and go off spouting stuff. SO yeah both parties acted like douches in this instance. But man, If I said to someone hey were all cousins here were all humans. And the the context is obvious like it was here that it's a reference that were all people and in the end the same, that there is no race and all that happy stuff. And the response back was No were not. In the context of you and me are nothing alike, I'm not one of "your" kind. ie your subhuman or inferior to me. I would think the guy was an asshole too and might be tempted to say something snide back even if said snide comment was social taboo in a biased society.
edit on 20-4-2013 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I've been told "As-salam alaykum" many times, and I replied accordingly and not once I felt offended by it. But then again, I've probably dealt with more muslims than you'll ever get a chance to deal with.

Really? So you go around (assuming you're from a western country) and say aleikumsalaam back

And you are not a muslim?

Now I call BS.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I've been greeted by strangers who say assalamualaikum plenty of times in Los Angeles. I say assalamualaikum in response. just like when some nice old man walks down the street smiles at me and says Shalom I say shalom back. Hey this is crazy but sometimes in a western country I even have people coming up to me trying to greet me in latin based languages. WTF! Latin based! but I still say Hola in response. One time this lady said An Yong Has Sae Oh to me. I didn't think it was a north korean terror cell about to ambush me on wilshire blvd. I just figured it was a korean lady reaching out to others in her community to say hello as she walked back. My response. I smiled and said hello in response and the world kept turning, and there was no bloodshed that day. Caue we were all just being civil and stuff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join