It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston points of interest that run deeper than the bombing.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's pretty crazy, I was thinking the exact same thing about how there is a possibility this is a test to see how the American people will react to the city being shut-down and what not. I was listening to the radio this morning and it was incredible the comments people were saying about the situation, things like 'I'm just glad the police are here and are doing a great job', stuff about how they feel safe with all the guards and police roaming the streets? I was instantly blown away and felt a little uneasy about the situation and though I may just be being paranoid I can't help but think the media is purposely airing comments like that so as to ease us possibility of a police state and welcome it.

All-in-all, there are a lot of people on fb talking about the other photos and whatnot but I guess we'll see. Honestly, and I think a lot of you agree with me when I say this may just be the start of an incredible change in this country, and I don't believe its going to be change for our best interests.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Please note that I am the OP and I also make no claims of SEALS or anyone else in any photos. Perhaps you have the posts confused but I don't claim to know or suspect anyone in any photos of being anything. I simply don't have that information or make the claim that I do.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by opethPA

Please note that I am the OP and I also make no claims of SEALS or anyone else in any photos. Perhaps you have the posts confused but I don't claim to know or suspect anyone in any photos of being anything. I simply don't have that information or make the claim that I do.

Not talking about you..

Talking about the photo that Tropic keeps posting and then making claims he can't back up.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

This here is who they are, CRAFT PMC's

As to what they were doing there..Who knows.

to the OP, I really don't watch MSM news but it is a little scary to see how many different cameras were in one given area, and how fast martial law (official or not, it was martial law) came in to lock down the city. Boston looked like a police state, if I ever saw one. Though, I do understand the urgency to apprehend the ones responsible for the bombings, especially after losing one of their fellow officers.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Thank you OP for a concise and thought provoking post. What strikes me is that not only was martial law declared, an unprecedented number of individual and community rights were broken or just ignored completely, but that the intrusion was welcomed with open arms.
Unlike many members on ATS I believe this was a real attack and not a false flag. That doesn't mean that the U.S government and agencies aren't taking notes and writing a playbook for exactly what they can get away with in these situations.
As far as media is concerned. Media is dead. Last night I had ATS, a working scanner and texts/twitter from my sister who was in the Brighton area. I've rarely felt more of sense of being on top of the situation and tuned in to the truth while the "media" wallowed away.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
To the OP

Dude really... stop beating a dead horse

This is their idea of "being undercover" - its embarrassing already as it is, theres no need for making it worse. A one eyed drunk hooker could spot them a mile away - they're the only ones that think they're mingling unnoticed with the rest of the civilians

Its like they crawled out of a rock and were told "here, humans dress like this... all of you, wear the same. Purfekt - go my minions".

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
My city, Morelia, had a similar double grenade bombing during our Independence Day celebrations on September 15/16 around midnight in 2008 that left 8 fatalities and numerous injuries. There were not the city-wide lock-downs or searches going on in the aftermath but it did open the door for a lot of military and federal police tactics that were unprecedented up to then and are now discontinued. Few people really bought the official story and it all dropped off the news after awhile.

I have questions about the Boston incident. As there were some mis-reportings from the start and some things called into question along with confusing details I am hazy about what all happened. I understand a main suspect is in custody now, that is good. I have heard there was a drill being conducted there about a similar scenario as what apparently happened, though some deny that. Also heard there were two bombs a few moments apart, also unconfirmed. My question is if anyone knows if perhaps one of those occurrences was part of a drill while the other was the actual bombing? If so then could that answer for why there were discrepancies in reporting and why some parts of the event might appear staged?

I am sure it was a very real tragedy that occurred and my heart goes out to victims, families, townspeople and everyone effected by it. But would a simultaneous drill account for those uniformed guys at the scene with backpacks and other suspicious-looking circumstances. Could those guys have been planting a flash device to simulate a bomb for a drill? Please forgive my ignorance on the matter as I surely have not studied it all as closely as many people here have been doing, just looking to sort it out a little.

It would appear as if a new level of surveillance was already somewhat in the works, which is quite a drill in itself. Perhaps our reactions and independent investigations are also being monitored as part of the drill. Or was there absolutely no dill going on, as some also suggest?

edit on 20-4-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Wow.

OP,

Thank you for very good topics to discuss.

I agree with the media statement. Seems like they forgot what they were supposed to provide. Now they just go for whatever will give them more ratings and reviews. Doesn't look like it matters if it's good or bad reviews, as long as they get their fame.

Don't think there is a honest news network out there.

As for the black hawk helicopters, they probably belong to the national guard. The FBI probably talked the Governor into calling them in.

Edit - CSPAN is the only honest 'news' network...just to bad they have to film politicians.
edit on 20-4-2013 by ChuckNasty because: edit as above

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Are there any pictures of those 2 (Chechen) suspects without their backpacks? Keep in mind only one of them had a black backpack and the younger one was carrying a light grey backpack. No grey backpack was ever found at either crime scenes.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
yeah with all those "hi res videos" why were the screenshots compressed into such garbage, same with the videos they released....

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Very good points, OP, I noticed too how everyone, even here on ATS just took as normal all that ton of hi-res footage from surveillance cameras, and how people don't seem to get it that those cameras are actually watching THEM
Of course, not them, honest citizens, but only the criminals; until a honest citizen happens to carry the wrong backpack or to wear the wrong hat....Because to be honest, I didn't saw nothing really incriminating about those guys, and makes you wonder, with all that footage, why they didn't show the exact moment when the guy dropped the backpack, and the explosion of THAT backpack....At least one out of... how many bombs? I lost track of them...

But back on topic, most people don't even realize the amount of manipulation they are subjected to in the name of so called freedom and security LOL We are all in a huge reality show, living our life on live streaming....as for security, it's kind of funny since we so eagerly buy the idea that the safest place to be is actually a cage. Just as a curiosity, has the criminality rate dropped with the increase of surveillance and high tech?

S&F, and god bless the many with a trustful heart....
edit on 20-4-2013 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

Exactly, people must understand that those videos, that surveillance persists even if nothing happens. The million dollar question is....... What are they doing with it or plan on doing with it on an every day basis?

I fear the answer to that question is a scary one that most people may not be ready to accept and I also fear that this type of surveillance will only continue to expand in the coming weeks months and years.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's funny you mention the increase in cameras. In my area we have multiple cameras being monitored by different agencies, who never cooperate when it comes to sharing footage. If anything we should be safe till these agencies start working together

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

In almost all instances traffic cameras can not be used legitimately under law for any other purpose than to record traffic violations. This "safeguard" however is suspended and completely abandoned when it comes to whatever is deemed to be national security.

The problem is that because of the patriot act and other laws that are being drafted or already written and just waiting on the appropriate tragedy, almost anything that has to do with law enforcement is being labeled as just cause to protect national security.

There are almost no lines anymore between the average criminal and the terrorist. They are becoming one in the same. Because of this, fundamental rights are being suspended whenever conventional law enforcement is not effective.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I guess if you have nothing to hide it doesn't matter. I would rather have the ability to find any perpetrator than to risk having to endure a repeat because there is nothing to go on. People might think twice about how they look before stepping out the door now though don't want a picture of yourself with bed head and god knows what.

People of Walmart YouTube Link

I don't know how to link like I see everyone else do. I hope I don't offend anyone with this I think we could all use a laugh about now...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Oh no these are not traffic cams. At least one set is operated by the DEA. See the cameras are not just for traffic and it's funny how it's been accepted because it's in a high crime area. For other areas different methods are needed to get the populace to accept it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
I guess if you have nothing to hide it doesn't matter. I would rather have the ability to find any perpetrator than to risk having to endure a repeat because there is nothing to go on. People might think twice about how they look before stepping out the door now though don't want a picture of yourself with bed head and god knows what.

People of Walmart YouTube Link

I don't know how to link like I see everyone else do. I hope I don't offend anyone with this I think we could all use a laugh about now...

It's not quite as simple a picture as you have painted it to be though. You see, I have nothing to hide and am very careful when I venture into public when I know there are cameras present or not. Thats just how I conduct myself and my business but that isn't what we are REALLY talking about here.

What we are talking about is blanket violation of the 4th Amendment by subjecting people to warrantless searches by means of running suido background checks by using face recognition software on civilians that pass by the hundreds of cameras that are now in place.

More directly, it becomes important because it subjects people to circumstances that they can not know about or defend themselves against. There is no protocol to be followed, no guidelines to follow for law enforcement in this regard or any direction or specific thing they could be looking for.

Without any of those things in place they could just simply scan your face to see if you frequent sites like ATS. It doesn't matter if you have anything to hide or not, it's a matter of if they have no reasonable suspicion to look, they shouldn't be...........

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
To the OP

Dude really... stop beating a dead horse

This is their idea of "being undercover" - its embarrassing already as it is, theres no need for making it worse. A one eyed drunk hooker could spot them a mile away - they're the only ones that think they're mingling unnoticed with the rest of the civilians

Its like they crawled out of a rock and were told "here, humans dress like this... all of you, wear the same. Purfekt - go my minions".

"dead horse"...? "They"...?

Did you read the same OP as me? Or did you just focus on one section, sentence, word, or character and put your own interpretation as to what you think the OP was trying to get across?

I seriously don't get what you are saying...did you accidentally think you were replying to a different thread? I've almost done that before, so I could see how that could happen. Or were you meaning to reply to another member who's name happens to be OP, or someone who's name could be shortened to OP, like Optimus Prime, or Opie? Or did you lose sight of who the actual op of this thread is sometime during the commissioning of this post?

I'm sorry, but sometimes, even though I myself have a very dry, cryptic sense of humor, I seem to be extremely dense whenever someone doesn't either come right out and say what they mean, or if they do not explain themselves thoroughly. Sarcasm, I can usually always detect. But the OP was rather lengthy and it appears that you are only trying to reply to one certain aspect of it which I cannot seem to pin down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join