It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H7N9 is mutating under radar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This virus is becoming more and more deadly as the days and weeks go by.
Even if it hasn't yet(which I believe it has) mutated to human to human contact. It will. CDC and WHO are only now learning About this strain and I fear it may be too late. Remember folks, it will take awhile but when it starts will go from local to worldwide in a matter of days!

China isn't going to give real honest numbers of how many have contracted and how many have died so we won't know what we are up against till its too late. Better stock up on food, plastic for windows, lots of duct tape. And plenty of board games folks.

www.forbes.com...
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 19-4-2013 by Flyzoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
You are, what you eat.... or drink, as thousands of infected pigs were thrown into the Yangtze. ( smart move
)

edit on 19-4-2013 by tropic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

China......hmmmmm....

I wonder if china will move from its daily over the top cyber attacks.... To deliberately sending a plane full of infected to America.

Yep I think the virus will get a little help from our friends, after its been given a bit more time mutate into something terrifying.

And efficient.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Mutating under radar sounds appropriate since chickens can't fly.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Yes I've been to china a few times and I can assure you, There is no such thing as EPA over there.
It so bad that even the citizens of china walk around with face masks most days. There is constant fear among Chinese of diseases with good reasoning

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Chickens can fly. Penguins can't fly, (too fat.)

Don't know about the virus but it sounds a little like fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ok, you just posted the most scariest thing I can think of. Forget a nuke, something like this......well......you can't see it, you can't smell it. A question......has any testing been done in Boston? It would be real bad if something was in those bombs. Maybe I read "The Stand" too young. Blue Oyster Cult....Fear the Reaper STILL sends chills down my spine every time I hear the guitar intro.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

Senior Chinese colonel blames U.S. for deadly avian flu outbreak

www.dailydot.com...

Chinese Stocks Shrug Off Bird Flu As PLA Officer Blames U.S. Military

www.forbes.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

If it hasn't already! Scientists have only been able to test the strain from the initial victims, all it takes is the right person at the right moment to give the virus the mutation it needs to achieve human to human contact.

For all we know it already happened. Like I said, china has a massive population and many people there die everyday from (causes unknown). Is it possible that there are more in the area of 5 maybe 10x the amount of people infected that the Chinese government is accounting for.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

When it comes to the bird flu, there can be no room for error. Fear mongering or not.
The difference between doing something or not doing something about it is measured in millions of lives!

This will not go away. We cannot stop it. As citizens of this planet, our best bet is to keep it from spreading and find a vaccine to slow it down for the time being.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Yes very scary indeed! Remember, of all the scary scenarios that are presented to us in docs,
This is the most probable. Pandemics are very deadly and are guaranteed to happen.
If H7N9 goes pandemic, it will make swine flu look like a walk in the park.

Don't know about Boston but my guess is no. Probably nothing in those bombs but ball bearings and nails.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've been receiving email about this for about two months. This is something to keep watch but as far as I know it hasn't hit stateside..yet.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It is very, very possible that the situation may be worse than it appears by the numbers currently being presented. The Chinese themselves admit that until a new strain of virus is identified as such, there may have been numerous infections or deaths prior to the new contagion being noted and then monitored.

I was living in China, not far from the Hong Kong border during the SARS epidemic, and I have to say that, certainly, there was covert medical monitoring at the port as well as health questionnaires relative to cough and fever, implemented well before the news of SARS went mainstream. Presumably this was an attempt to blame any infections on people entering the country rather than from within the country itself. This is pre-Christmas 2002.

Even one of my Chinese colleagues mentioned that in the small city where I was located, that there had been nearly 1800 deaths, attributable to SARS, however, I am willing to admit that there may have been miscommunication between us, relative to that number, given that the total number of deaths worldwide, apparently, was around 500.

I am also reminded that a couple of months earlier, Hong Kong TV had run a couple of news stories about the unusual deaths of quite a few swans, I think, was the bird species. It was not until quite some time later that the SARS outbreak was linked to civet cats. So I am a little suspicious that thousands of dead pigs appearing in the river near Shanghai (the current hotbed of avian flu) may well be linked to this new disease, even though it has been labelled a bird flu. Bird flu crossing with a swine flu? Who knows what sort of crossing between species is happening.

The good news, I believe, is that there is a new co-operation between China and the WHO since those worrying days. While no-one likes to think of their country as the breeder of new and lethal diseases, I think the Chinese are pragmatic enough to accept their obligations to the international community, and also accept any aid in the development of a vaccine that will benefit their population.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid
reply to post by PLASIFISK

If it hasn't already! Scientists have only been able to test the strain from the initial victims, all it takes is the right person at the right moment to give the virus the mutation it needs to achieve human to human contact.

For all we know it already happened. Like I said, china has a massive population and many people there die everyday from (causes unknown). Is it possible that there are more in the area of 5 maybe 10x the amount of people infected that the Chinese government is accounting for.

I think so. And I also think this plays into the bigger picture of things.

Ehh. Now what are the other 2 pieces of the puzzle?

We have the smallest small, the biggest big is a no brainer, and of course we destroy ourselves in the middle.

But, what about these events will force us to let it all go, and except the fact that.....

Ehh never mind.

Hey, what ever became of that designer avian flu our mad scientist made? I remember some hoopla about not wanting to share it exotic design, but they did say how destructive it would be if released. They created something that Could Not Have a Cure.

Makes me wonder.
edit on 20-4-2013 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FartyMeBurpy

When it comes to china and flu strains. There is definite proof that there is more going on with this strain than what they have told us. While there seems to be daily updates on the virus. I think they aren't giving us all the facts.. Only a kernel of the truth.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Let's hope these guys did not have access to anything invisible in the way of microbes to add to an explosive
device. The bombs were quite effective enough by themselves but never know when somebody is going to
drop a flask or bottle of something in a public place. Most likely if they were not willing to expose themselves
to it it would be detonated or released remotely. I would not approach say a storage locker that had something
ozzing out of the bottom of the locker door for example. Somebody goes to clean it up and zip zap zing it
starts. It would be more likely that it would be spread unknowingly by somebody flying out of china etc..or
maybe even somebody on a boat or ship.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

This virus is becoming more and more deadly as the days and weeks go by.

No it isn't, it is not the lethality that increases over time its the chance that it does mutate into a form that during a period of time becomes more contagious or hard to be mitigated by medicine.

A virus has only one goal in live, that is to replicate killing the host is not on the virus best interest. A successful virus is one that becomes prevalent without causing death to carriers. The only way a virus can increase in lethality over time by its own in is by controlled selection of stirps (or unfortunate accident or incompetence ie: antibiotics) or direct genetically alteration.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Agreed - the mortality rate is still only about 15% which is comparable to the SARS virus and most forms of pneumonia. Hopefully, the virus will be as susceptible to basic infection control procedures as was SARS (1:100 bleach to water on infected surfaces was sufficient to disinfect them). This is definitely a case of forewarned being forearmed. The trouble is that most people don't think about their complete lack of immunity to a brand new virus, hence the perceived virility of the thing.

Still bears watching however - if the mortality rate increases, I will be VERY concerned.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid
reply to post by billy565

When it comes to the bird flu, there can be no room for error. Fear mongering or not.
The difference between doing something or not doing something about it is measured in millions of lives!

This will not go away. We cannot stop it. As citizens of this planet, our best bet is to keep it from spreading and find a vaccine to slow it down for the time being.

Slow it down a little. If you panic about every headline on the internet that says the end of the world is coming you're going to make yourself sick. You won't have to worry about some bird flu.

I'm sure there are scientists who are working on this or will be working on it as soon as it becomes a true threat.

It could be a bit more severe than the common flu but give me a break nearly every year they warn that some pandemic will kill millions of people but it almost never happens.

There is a risk you could get hit and killed by a car or a space rock may be tumbling through space right now with no other purpose than to land on your head. Hell you could go watch a marathon and be killed by a crazy terrorist and his brother.

My point is you can't worry about everything. There is no point worrying about something you can't control.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Up to 50% of people who have it are saying they had no contact with poultry so I see it as evidence it likely is already spreading by human to human contact. But hasn't this bird flu been a problem for years? It's in the media then gone for a few seasons then back again. The strain would change as far as mutating to win its battle for life by adapting but it wouldn't keep disappearing and coming back again (or as said herein its doings it's work quietly). These things have an intelligence we are still learning about (look at what has happened with antibiotics).

mobile.twitter.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join