It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Ammo, No reloading supplies, Pompano Beach Fla.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

POMPANO BEACH (CBS4) – Ammunition sellers and manufacturers say there’s been a run on bullets and they can’t keep their shelves stocked.

Jeff Dillard who runs National Armory in Pompano says it’s the worst he’s ever seen.

“I have never seen ammo so impossible to get,” said Dillard.

miami.cbslocal.com...

I have not been in the market for ammo for awhile. Was lucky and bought enough to hold me over for my purposes and man oh man I am glad I did. Walked into a couple of stores yesterday (WalMart and Academy) and all they had was 300winmag and some 17hr no .22, 9mm, 45acp, 7.62x39 or 5.56....

Looks like reloaders are having problems also

“All our vendors are telling us not only are they out of stock but some are two to three million bullet-heads in back-order

edit on Sat Apr 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: tags added, all caps in title IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
this makes no sense.. its called supply and demand.. if people are buying bullets faster then they can shelf them.. then why dont they make more so they can keep up with supply.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Same in Montana....when we can get it...very expensive! S & F....
edit on 19-4-2013 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
the military industrial complex ( the emeny ) must just luv this
demand / avaliability controls pricing

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is a covert way that true
American Patriots are voting
or getting prepared to vote.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Don't worry, it'll be real cheap next summer at garage sales when people need new washers or car repairs.

Same with guns. Patience is a virtue!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
you can buy foreign rounds online for many common sizes I was shooting some Korean 30.06 rounds the other day. Performance was perfectly fine (we all hit every shot on target up to the 300 yards we shot to, and knocked a hole through a 1" steel plate for grins/giggles). Typically, the cost is highly competitive. Only downside is that they are usually steel, not brass (if you reload) Since I am not a reloader, i don't care.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by 727Sky

Same in Montana....when we can get it...very expensive! S & F....

Not really, there is still quite a bit to be had. You just need to get out of the cities. Anywhere north of Great Falls and east of the mountains should have what you need.
But it IS expensive!
edit on 4/19/2013 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I better go get a box of shells for my rifle, I want to go deer hunting this year. I should get a box for my pistol too while I still can. My shells are old and the 357 magnum semiautomatics are a real finicky gun. 28 bucks a box though...12 bucks more than they were seven years ago.:shk: What is the use of having a gun without ammo though.
edit on 19-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
this makes no sense.. its called supply and demand.. if people are buying bullets faster then they can shelf them.. then why dont they make more so they can keep up with supply.

I was under the impression that they are manufacturing ammo as fast and as much as possible.

There is a limit on how many can be produced in a given amount of time.

How many ammo manufacturers are there.

If you want to become rich, start making g and selling ammo, legally of course.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
gubbers buying up all the ammo is why you can't find any its the only legal way they can do gun control, no bullets means all you got are paper weight an wall displays.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
West Virginia is running low in places. I am lucky and have a buddy that so far has been able to find me some at normal prices but most of the stores have raised prices to the point of being illegal! Wasn't the government buying up ammo at crazy rate earlier this year?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
www.aimsurplus.com...

Locally the box stores have very little on their shelves are still cleaned out when a shipment arrives (or so the clerk says). The online places I usually shop at seem to have ammo but as others have indicated stuff has gone up. www.aimsurplus.com...

centerfiresystems.com... this 7.62x39 has gone up $5+ a box from last year.
edit on 13-5-2013 by 727Sky because: ()

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Good for you.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Pretty soon we will have to start peeing on straw and saving the ashes out of the woodstove to make gunpowder

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
From all available sources, we aren't likely to see a return to more normal ammo supply levels until a few months still. Guess we'll see. I'm just not going to pay double for ammo, even assuming I can find it. Luckily, I have plenty for normal needs, just not for any kind of real SHTF level of ammo.

new topics

top topics

join