It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting my feet wet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well, I just found this site after reading about chemtrails and thought that I would join to see if this is my kind of forum. I'm not quite sure what I have gotten myself into yet, but I'm sure that all will be well.

I live in AZ with my husband and two teenage boys. I am a registered republican but do not support what President Bush's agenda is (not that I support Kerry either). I guess you could say I am actually a Constitutionalist and believe in preserving the Law that was established under our Founding Fathers.

I am a devout Christian (honor that all people have the right to believe what they may as long as they allow others the same privilege) and uphold the belief that under God we are free to choose our "behavior" (and the natural consequences that come along with them) as long as that behavior does not infringe upon the rights of others, i.e. murder, stealing, cheating, etc.

I don't believe everything I see or hear, but I am able to sift through information with an open mind and heart. When I hear or see something that feels like truth, I accept it and defend it peacefully tot he best of my ability.

I don't believe that we live in a day where we can be cowards and not speak up and protect what God has given us. I feel that to be silent is dangerous, but yelling about our conditions is not the answer either. We must start at our local levels and effect legislation that way, then upward and onward.

I saw a blog earlier that wondered why people voted for Bush when he clearly will take our children to war for his own personal interest. My feeling is that he stands on the podium and says that he is "God-fearing" and a friend to the family while he smiles at you. We live in a day when on every side the family and the values set forth by the scriptures are being devalued. People really want to go back to the days where we could raise our families in "safe" societies. We long for the day when a neighbor could be trusted to watch out for you, the family could sit together at night and talk with each other and when crime was rare and not the norm.

Even if people do not have "Christian Values" just the basic of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" would solve a host of problems. People are selfish, self-centered, and self-serving today. No one thinks about what their actions will do to their families, their community, their nation and finally the world.

I think that is why (other than the fact that the New World Order agenda is on the board) people supported President George W. Bush. They feel that he can restore that, when in fact that must start with the individual.

Any way that is just a brief over-view of who I am and what I stand for. I hope that I will fit in well

Pepper

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Awesome introduction. Welcome to ATS Pepper!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Check out BTS as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hello Pepper,

Welcome to ATS
feel free to u2u me if you have any questions.
enjoy your stay and have fun

se7en

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Awesome introduction. Welcome to ATS Pepper!

I second that. Glad to read you, Pepper.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Durden]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Welcome, Pepper; nice to have you aboard.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Welcome Pepper, I am also from Arizona (Havasu Area) and welcome you to ATS

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Welcome Pepper.

Enjoy your stay on ATS the best forum on the net!

Need any help feel free to U2U me.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hello Pepper,

That's it jump right in and enjoy the site, look 4ward to your posts

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Try not to catch a cold.

Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hi Pepper

I'm sure your posts will be welcome

Nice introduction.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
*Sprays Pepper with the fire hose..*

No just getting your feet wet....dive in!

Welcome...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It has been an interesting few days as I've tried to figure out how to get to certain areas, etc. I Feel quite confused because I'm a mom whose not on the computer very much and pretty slow when it comes to anything regarding it.....eeek!

Just as a side not about me....I have interest in the International Coalition for Drug Awareness www.drugawareness.org. So, I spend a lot of "real" time in another area of conspiracy! Hopefully, I will get the chance to browse more in the medical threads.

Well, I'm not sure where to post this, and I'm sure that I'm going to get slammed for my next comments, but I just want to mention my observations as a new commer. I want to point out something I think is being overlooked (at least from what I've read so far) by those who are claiming to be so intelligent. It may take me some time to get use to people being so blatant with their opinions of others because my philosophy in life is to treat others the way you want to be treated.

Here goes my "mom" observations without pointing fingers. I've read the 757/Pentagon posts and I've felt disappointed that because questions were asked, people were being accused of being ignorant.

At the risk of being ignorant I want to ask, since when, does asking questions to clarify qualify for ignorance? Are we not saying that we want to ask questions so that we can become more educated? That is like the school teacher telling "Johnny" that if he asks for clarification on his math, that he has a learning disability and needs Ritalin. In my position as an advocate for stopping the mass drugging of America, I can tell you that those who have that attitude are the ones who need to re-evaluate who is being igonorant.

I think that people can debate or reason with each other concerning their points without name calling or eluding to expletives. To me, people who are claiming to be so intelligent lose "kudo points" in my book, for not being able to handle their emotions without insults. When I first read that essay, I thought WOW! Great evidence! However, the more I read the questions posed by others, I realized that I did need more clarifiction myself about certain things.

In my experience, proclaiming intelligence will only get you so far. When you throw a fit, insulting your net neighbor, your going to lose respect and CREDIBILTY. (have you ever tried to reason with your kids.....Control is a necessity!) Just because you can type what you want anonomously, does not add virtue to your character and I would seriously question how an individual who insults another, behaves off of the net.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box, but I do hope all of you will take thought about what your saying in those posts.

PS I sure would like to know how to put smily's and those cool graphics in.....

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, pepper. Enjoy the board

top topics

join