It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts of America to allow gay youth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
My working theory is that the "Gay" thing is a natural way nature uses to control population but...It's just a loose theory.
the theory does not hold.
considering that a single man can impregnate a large number of women, a difference of ten percent of men has no effect whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Oh isn't this what they have been waiting for. Impressionable young people.

When I was young I had some boy try to get me to have sex with them. I said it was disgusting and he stopped. Now if that was today we'd probably have accepted it and gone ahead because we are told it's 'normal'.

But..... he didn't and we are both normal heterosexual persons with a wife and a family.

Conclusion. Homosexuality is a learned behavior and once accepted as 'normal' more will try it and think they are homosexual and be drawn into a lifestyle they never intended.

Another case. One I worked with was a homosexual that decided to change sex instead and was wearing dresses at home. He was alo on drugs, not surprisingly. Nice guy. I invited him home a few times for dinner.

He changed his life and now has a family of his own (wife and kids). Why did he change? He told me this...

" I saw what a real relationship and a real family looked like and I decided I wanted that than the lie I was living"...

(but of course we all know these people are born like that and cannot choose right?
)

Feel free to comment but I'm making a statement, I'm not getting into a debate about what I know and have experienced.

edit on 19-4-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

Oh, the ignorance tickles me sometimes XD

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
reply to post by pacifier2012

do you really think you could learn to like some guys salami slapping your face ? really ?

brilliant... i think those that believe homosexuality is learned should prove it via the aforementioned "salami slap" method, yunno, taking one for truth and all that

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Sounds hysterically funny, like most things I hear nowadays.

NWO gov just around the corner.

Just to humour the topic.......

What possible relevance can a little boy's sexual orientation have as to him joining the Boy Scouts?

When you're 7 or 8, the opposite sex are your enemies anyway.

Next thing they'll be organising gay dating for the under 10s.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
Sounds hysterically funny, like most things I hear nowadays.

NWO gov just around the corner.

Just to humour the topic.......

What possible relevance can a little boy's sexual orientation have as to him joining the Boy Scouts?

When you're 7 or 8, the opposite sex are your enemies anyway.

Next thing they'll be organising gay dating for the under 10s.
There is definitely an agenda being pushed, I guess it's with good intentions but forcing anything onto anybody however good is wrong by default.

Whatever people choose to do behind closed doors is no-one's business.

Who people choose to love is certainly more so no one's business!!

Kids at that age shouldn't even know what sex is nevermind gay sex.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

First, the policy hasn't even been voted on. Source

The revamped policy will be presented for a vote by 1,400 members of the BSA's National Council at a meeting in Texas on May 20.

Originally posted by pacifier2012
When I was young I had some boy try to get me to have sex with them. I said it was disgusting and he stopped. Now if that was today we'd probably have accepted it and gone ahead because we are told it's 'normal'.

So... if he approached you today, you'd go for it because society says it's "normal"?

But..... he didn't and we are both normal heterosexual persons with a wife and a family.

Conclusion. Homosexuality is a learned behavior and once accepted as 'normal' more will try it and think they are homosexual and be drawn into a lifestyle they never intended.

The good news is that if your friend was able to change his gayness to straightness, then anyone who is "drawn into a gay lifestyle" (as you fear) will also realize that they are straight and be able to correct it, right?

It is possible your friends were bisexual.

Another case. One I worked with was a homosexual that decided to change sex instead and was wearing dresses at home. He was alo on drugs, not surprisingly. Nice guy. I invited him home a few times for dinner.

So, you invited a druggie cross-dresser to your HOME? Your stories are sounding less and less plausible. You can say anything you want on the internet. And I'm thinking you have a very active imagination.

Conclusion 1 : Some people who cannot accept facts will make up any stories to prove their point.
Conclusion 2: This is a Hate Thread.

It's about time the Boy Scouts stop their discriminatory practices! Yay for them!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Now they have voted. And openly gay youth will be permitted to join the Boy Scouts.

Boy Scouts to Allow Gay Youth

Openly gay youths will be allowed to join scouting, delegates to the annual meeting of the Boy Scouts of America voted Thursday.

More than 60% of the group's 1,400-member national council voted in Grapevine, Texas, for the historic policy change, which will take effect January 1.

"No youth may be denied membership in the Boy Scouts of America on the basis of sexual orientation or preference alone," says the approved resolution.

It's a happy day for scouting and human rights! I imagine there will be people who will stupidly pull their support from the scouts and some will pull their children out. This is how the fight for equality goes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join