It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AboveTopSecret.com Community Should be Proud Today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The whole Boston thing... I have been up since last night, tuned into the BPD scanner and, more importantly, tuned into the huge thread about this horrid situation on our beloved AboveTopSecret.com here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's been a while since events have spawned a thread like this one, the last I recall was Fukashima, and I am happy to report that our community is just as strong, committed and civil as ever.

Anyone who has been involved with, or goes back to read that thread can easily see the genuine desire of an online community to come together to make sure everyone who cared enough to look had the latest information in spite of the fact the "MSM" (MainStreamMedia) either couldn't or wouldn't provide it.

I think this has been a week of terrible events, no doubt, but it's also been a severe, and rock solid refutation to the prospect that all "the conspiracy nutters online" are evil, nuts and only interested in the downfall of society. Nothing could be further from truth here at AboveTopSecret.com, but we are very, very unique...

Thank you everyone who kept the updates from the scanners coming, carry on.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you everyone who kept the updates from the scanners coming, carry on.

Thank You, for giving the members of this site a Medium in which we can collectively come together, in times of need, and produce legitimate questions, answers and even tangible confirmations.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thank you for this site

edit on 19-4-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thank you for allowing us to have a home that we can be ourselves at.

I have followed along with more up to date info on www.abovetopsecret.com... than any MSM outlet ever provided. At times I was left to wonder if the reporters even knew what was going on as I watched them bumble their way through their reports. We beat them often by minutes with info here.

Thanks ATS!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What better place to keep abreast of this tragedy....I'm proud to be a member of this site....and a big
to all who participated...who spent time listening to scanners and researching so that the rest of us remained informed.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

"the conspiracy nutters online"

I would prefer to be described as one of "the black helicopter crowd". If you don't mind.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Touche'

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
WAY TOO GO ATS!!!!

So many times I have been and remain proud to be a part of this wonderful community

link   
As always, our community stayed way ahead of the information curve and was spot-on with the fact checking and follow-up.

This place and you good people never cease to amaze me! Knowledge is power, and the ATS community makes sure that we are always as empowered as we can possibly be.

Hats off to the members! Kudos one and all.

link   
That thread goes to prove ATS is more than just another conspiracy site on the internet. It proved we are an online Community who can come together in times of need. Putting differences aside..merging into one living entity of, providing the fastest, most accurate information possible. It worked in a way that blew one's mind. In a good way.

Des

edit on 19-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Oh sure! Self gratification much Springer!??

Just kidding, just kidding lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Very well put, no matter our differences, we ALL give a damn.

That's really hard to find in a community this diverse and large in the "real world".

link   
Thanks Springer! I highly doubt there is another site on the internet that provides as much live, real coverage so thoroughly and accurately from the administrators and members.

edit on 19-4-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

link   
What I learned:

1. I really found no reason at all to view MSM except to see how long it took for them to catch up.

2. I despise ustream advertisements

3. ATS rocks (well, I already knew that one)

link   
Thank you all my friends at ATS for being who you are...

in loving memory....

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I really enjoyed it. It was cool how when one poster lost the scanner feed another would hop in. The scanner feed was awesome. I also liked how people left the three or four updaters doing such a great job.

Any over the top posts were corrected quickly by more sensible heads. At several stages I posted a quick response on say page 91 and by the time I finished the very quick post the reply was on page 93! It was that heavy.

Springer, congrats, the site held up without even a flutter and I imagine doing some very heavy workload. It is a credit to you. The Mods kept a handle on it and were perfect! Well done. I don't know the stats but I think only a hand full of posts were deleted for one reason or another.

It truly was a community effort well in advance of the MSM. IN fact IMHO, MSM would have been better served if they took there coverage straight from our pages! Would have been a lot more accurate.

Well done to all of us!

Springer, do we have any way of knowing how many members were glued to their screens on this one thread?

P

edit on 19/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: error

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Nope.

None at all, just a simple thank you.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't agree with many of the FF crowd here.
I am sure they don't agree with me.
That's the point of this web site, to get people thinking and to deny ignorance.
I only joined a few months ago but I no longer watch the MSM for anything, I simply choose to remain here.
Thank you for running the site!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Way Above

We blurred the line between "forum" and "chat" today, and it was quite a ride.

Yes, we posted and repeated what we heard on the scanners at a duplication rate of sometimes dozens per comment, but we followed developments in real time and if someone wanted to know what was going on right then, we were on it.

Now that the second suspect has been apprehended, what was said at the time of the capture is now immortalized in the form of a transcript, bloated though it may be, of what happened, and it is now readable by anyone who may be curious about what happened, how it happened and when. And, of course, plenty of intriguing speculation and commentary by a community well-known for both.

Our members did all this while more traditional news outlets were sputtering, spinning their wheels, pushing weather coverage in the middle of an important, developing, fast-moving story and generally showing their age.

Respect for my fellow ATSers.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

First of all, SkpeticOverlord is responsible for how well the site held up technologically, second of all, we set a new record for posts in one day:

Most new posts on ATS in one day:
13,198 on Apr 20 2013 @ 03:15 GMT.

Found here: www.abovetopsecret.com... about half way down the page on your right.

Third of all, THANK YOU.

Springer...
edit on 4-19-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join