It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEED CONFIRMATION: Is this Jon Stuart letter real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Jon Stewart
A letter to the rest of the World:

Those of us who aren't brain washed, Bible-bashing, ultra-right wing asshats sincerely apologize.
You'll notice the Blue states are the ones that hold up large cities, universities, arts, and most of the intelligentsia.
The Red states tend to be full of...well...rednecks.
Clearly, intelligent people & intellectuals aren't in the majority in this nation.

If any of you shadowy types must attack us again, please take note as to which states were Blue and which were Red when making your plans.
I am very proudly from a Blue state, and I do take some comfort in that.

This was posted on the internnet earlier today. I woudl really like anyone to confirm or deny is Jon Stuart actually said this. I have a hard time believing this is real, because I never thought Jon was such an arrogant and conceited bastard. Not to mention ignorant as hell, or maybe he forgot the '93 WTC bombings?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
IS there a link to this? I think it's funny and accurate. Bush winning is a travesty and can only lead to bad things in this country.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Haha...not only is that the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, it's also funny that you take it serious. If you've ever seen Stewart's comedy you know it's all just for fun. Hell (is that a censored word?), his show is comedy news. Just don't take it to heart.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garon
IS there a link to this? I think it's funny and accurate. Bush winning is a travesty and can only lead to bad things in this country.

It was posted by someone as as being copied from someone else's livejournal. I have no reason to believe this person would lie. Whether the LJ author or not would lie is completely unknown to me.

Did you read the part about him asking terrorists to target Bush supporters rather than 'the intelligentsia'? Seemed sort of...douchey, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
Haha...not only is that the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, it's also funny that you take it serious. If you've ever seen Stewart's comedy you know it's all just for fun. Hell (is that a censored word?), his show is comedy news. Just don't take it to heart.

I would have taken it as humor if not for the part about the terrorists. That's not the kind of humor he does.

And its Stuart

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
I would have taken it as humor if not for the part about the terrorists. That's not the kind of humor he does.

And its Stuart

I don't think it's real, and if it is, it's not being serious.

And no, it's Stewart. Google it.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If its him or not its irrelevant. The author speaks the truth.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The number of people who think Bush supporters deseve to die more than Kerry supporters, well...actually doesn't suprise me at all. You people are all effin' nuts

And no, it's Stewart. Google it.

I google Jon Stuart, and it gave me a return for the Daily Show. Stupid technology

[edit on 11-3-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Seriously, this man should be groomed for a political career. Hell, Schwarzenegger made it to governor. Jon would totally carve his way through, while being hilarious on the way up.

I think this is the type of person the Democrats need to start a fresh persona with. He is smart, witty and unafraid. Dems need some of that.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Jon Stewart is my hero...he is 100% accurate when he talks of the ignorance of the red(neck) states...the south ::coughs::

He does need to remember though...that not every person who lives in these red states are rednecks and some of us detest the Bush administration as well...wishing an attack on us is not appreciated!

I still love him though

[edit on 11/3/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
its stuart damn it!

lol

thats a funny letter i dont care if its him or not the words ring true

where is all the green states???

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It's Stewart, check the daily show website you blue state eliterate intelligentsia. (and illiterate is spelled eliterate on purpose, thats called a pun)

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gq1412
It's Stewart, check the daily show website you blue state eliterate intelligentsia. (and illiterate is spelled eliterate on purpose, thats called a pun)

The more pressing concern is that you mixed up blue, red, and the defintion of intelligentsia. Unless this is a form of humor that defies all logic, in which case, bravo! You succeeded with flying colors.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This letter is not the truth no matter how much the author wishes it was. Everyone from red states are not Red-necks and anyone that thinks they can lump that many millions of people in a single group is a moron themselves.

Kerry didnt get 100% in those blue states just as everyone in red states didnt vote for Bush. This was a ignorant letter written by someone that had a mouthful of sourgrapes from the Kerry loss.

By the way I live in a blue state

join