It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama thanks Putin for help in Boston

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Because some people, like the OP, insist on making this partisan issue by including this in their post:

There was nothing political about that

Especially considering it's a lie to begin with.

Obama thanking Putin is a lie?

How so? completely sourced in that article.
edit on 19-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

of course it was political, why else would you post it?

Seems Boston was bigger than what people think it is currently odd the the Potus would be thanking Putin, and not the men and women of Boston who have worked so diligently this evening, and for the past week.

So you're accusing Obama of not thanking the men and women working to hunt down these culprits? You're saying that not once did he thank the police men and women, the agents, working out there?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
LOL, you crack me up Neo.

Nonstop- but hey I'm cool with that. The lady is pissed because I went to bed reading the other thread, I woke up and started reading the other thread, and I am still reading the other thread.

One thing for sure,

Nobody thought Chechnya and Russia just a day or two ago. Hell we seen everyone from the lone white Guy to the Pakistani being blamed. What scary and interesting times we live.

Go Obama, our hero,

Isn't there going to be an oil pipeline going through there?

edit on 19-4-2013 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Answer was this a lie?

President Barack Obama spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin Friday evening and thanked the Russian leader for unspecified cooperation in the investigation into the Boston Marathon bombings

National Security Staff Spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden told The Cable the White House won't say what kind of cooperation the Russians provided.

So you're accusing Obama of not thanking the men and women working to hunt down these culprits? You're saying that not once did he thank the police men and women, the agents, working out there?

Nope 2 hours after the fact after Putin he worked his way around to it considering he is speaking on TV at the moment.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Its Political for Obama and Putin to actually acknowledge it!

Christ......

I see nothing wrong with questioning EVERYTHING Obama does, unless you think he has our best interest at heart?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Answer was this a lie?

I was clearly not talking about whether or not he spoke with Putin. Again I was talking about this claim from your OP:

Seems Boston was bigger than what people think it is currently odd the the Potus would be thanking Putin, and not the men and women of Boston who have worked so diligently this evening, and for the past week.

So did Obama thank Putin and not the men and women working hard and risking their lives to hunt down these culprits? Do you even try to tell the truth anymore?

And that's the spirit you've displayed in recent days. When doctors and nurses, police and firefighters and EMTs and guardsmen run towards explosions to treat the wounded, that's discipline. When exhausted runners, including our troops and veterans, who never expected to see such carnage on the streets back home, become first responders themselves, tending to the injured, that's real power. When Bostonians carry victims in their arms, deliver water and blankets, line up to give blood, open their homes to total strangers, give them rides back to reunite with their families, that's love.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Boston police, firefighters, and first responders as well as the National Guard responded heroically, and continue to do so as we speak. It’s a reminder that so many Americans serve and sacrifice on our behalf every single day, without regard to their own safety, in dangerous and difficult circumstances. And we salute all those who assisted in responding so quickly and professionally to this tragedy.

www.bizjournals.com...

And you make another complaint that he took too long to come out with a speech after the second culprit is caught. A 'whole' two hours, while alot of the events are still filtering out to the public. First this lie from you, and then another post. Can you just take a break from your anti-Obama rhetoric in one thread for once? It's not all about Obama hmmk?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

So did Obama thank Putin and not the men and women working hard and risking their lives to hunt down these culprits

While a manhunt was under way Obama thanked Putin earlier Friday evening.

Do you even try to tell the truth anymore?

Off topic.

And you make another complaint that he took too long to come out with a speech after the second culprit is caught.

Early Friday evening Obama was thanking Putin while the manhunt was underway.

A 'whole' two hours,

Yep

. First this lie from you, and then another post. Can you just take a break from your anti-Obama rhetoric in one thread for once?

Offtopic

It's not all about Obama hmmk?

Yep it is about Obama thanking Putin for an unspecified reason that apparently is not too interesting to some.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
What?

Obama thanks Putin for "help" in Boston?

So they helped out with the identification and/or location of the two?

Well good. I'm glad he thanked him.
I assume Putin must have helped the U.S. government get in touch with the families, got in touch them them on our behalf, or possibly passed along other vital info.

I'm sure the victims and their families are happy that anyone helped get those guys off the streets.

If you're reading this Putin...I thank you, too.
We Americans can be a courteous people, despite what some abroad may think.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

So they helped out with the identification and/or location of the two?

Who knows as the "unspecified" reason

As already stated earlier the FBI already had the relevant info from an earlier investigation.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the 2 Chechen operatives run amok to cause as much civil disturbance as we could to institute several layers of psychological conditioning on our populace,

THANKS PUTIN, we'll "help" you when it's needed I bet too........

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

That's not true.

Yesterday he thanked the ENTIRE City of Boston.

What about the memorial service speech?

When doctors and nurses, police and firefighters and EMTs and Guardsmen run towards explosions to treat the wounded -- that’s discipline.

When exhausted runners, including our troops and veterans -- who never expected to see such carnage on the streets back home -- become first responders themselves, tending to the injured -- that’s real power.

When Bostonians carry victims in their arms, deliver water and blankets, line up to give blood, open their homes to total strangers, give them rides back to reunite with their families -- that’s love.

- Boston.com

He thanked everyone yesterday already.

Please don't use this tragedy as an opportunity for a partisan attack on the president.
It's pretty shameless.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Who knows as the "unspecified" reason

Should I assume it's something nefarious because it's 'unspecified'?

He thanked him for helping and the two were eventually caught.
It's not uncommon for one country to thank another in helping to apprehend a criminal.

I really don't see the problem here.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

And he did agian tonite at 10:00 PM so what is the issue?

Really?

The point of the thread was to find out what Obama thanked Putin for why people are focusing on an opinion instead of this: Obama thanks Putin for help in Boston is politicizing it.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I guess people missed my two post in the other thread. Or ,maybe someone scene it and decided to start a thread with a different twist on the facts.

Originally posted by JBA2848
www.courant.com...

FBI interviewed Boston bombing suspect in 2011: source Email Share 0 Reuters 8:22 p.m. EDT, April 19, 2013 WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The FBI in 2011 interviewed the elder of the two brothers who are suspects in Monday's deadly Boston Marathon bombings, acting at the request of an unidentified foreign government, a U.S. law enforcement source said on Friday. The FBI's dealings with Tamerlan Tsarnaev - who died overnight in a shootout with police - did not produce any "derogatory" information, and the matter was put "to bed," said the source, speaking on condition of anonymity. Topics FBI The revelation is the first indication that Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his younger brother, Dzhokhar, were known to U.S. security officials prior to Monday's bombings, U.S. authorities said.

Will Wikileaks tell us who said these guys were terrorist in 2011? Was it Russia calling them terrorist then when the Republicans found out they said the guy is with with us he is part of the Chechnya Rebels who were sponsored by the US to fight the Soviet Union? Just like Osama Bin Laden. And they are doing the same thing right now with MEK. The Iranian group that hates Iran and moved to Iraq and attacked the Kurds with chemical weapons for Saddam.

Originally posted by JBA2848
consortiumnews.com...

Chechen Terrorists and the Neocons April 19, 2013 The revelation that the family of the two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings was from Chechnya prompted new speculation about the attack as Islamic terrorism. Less discussed was the history of U.S. neocons supporting Chechen terrorists as a strategy to weaken Russia, as ex-FBI agent Coleen Rowley recalls. By Coleen Rowley I almost choked on my coffee listening to neoconservative Rudy Giuliani pompously claim on national TV that he was surprised about any Chechens being responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings because he’s never seen any indication that Chechen extremists harbored animosity toward the U.S.; Guiliani thought they were only focused on Russia. Giuliani knows full well how the Chechen “terrorists” proved useful to the U.S. in keeping pressure on the Russians, much as the Afghan mujahedeen were used in the anti-Soviet war in Afghanistan from 1980 to 1989. In fact, many neocons signed up as Chechnya’s “friends,” including former CIA Director James Woolsey. Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. For instance, see this 2004 article in the UK Guardian, entitled, “The Chechens’ American friends: The Washington neocons’ commitment to the war on terror evaporates in Chechnya, whose cause they have made their own.”

edit on 19-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

And don't forget when the Russians asked to question this guy who just left Russia.Russia just had there airport blown up and other attacks by the Chechen Terrorists in the same area the guy visited,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It's not uncommon for one country to thank another in helping to apprehend a criminal. I really don't see the problem here. - Lee

So miss the earlier comment about the FBI already having the relevant info from an investigation in 2011?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Reports said this guy spent 6 months in Russia they wanted knowledge of events in Russia then?

Hence the "cooperation' between Obama and Putin?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
And in other news.

www.haaretz.com...

Former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert joined forces on Thursday with a leading Kazakh industrialist and an Israeli entrepreneur to launch a new high-tech venture. In an interview with The Associated Press, Olmert said he would serve as chairman of the advisory board of Genesis Angels − a venture capital firm focusing on early stage investment in startup companies. The firm looks toward innovations in robotics, augmented reality, artificial intelligence and other cutting edge technologies. Olmert, who was prime minister from 2006-2009, refused to speculate about his future political plans, but he said the foray into high-tech meshed with his vision of promoting Israel as a high-tech powerhouse.

Wait was that Kazakh as in Kazakhstan? Is that not the same place the bombers and there family lived mostly?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

While a manhunt was under way Obama thanked Putin earlier Friday evening.

And your point? Your initial complaint was that Obama thanked Putin but did not at any time thank the men and women out there on the hunt and this is of course lie. There was never a debate over whether Obama 'thanked Putin'. Whether he did or did, I don't see issue.

As for your complaint that he took two hours too long to response to the events, please share for us in what amount of 'minutes' should Obama have responded.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Christ I am trying to find out why Obama thanked Putin have an answer to that?

This is the point: thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

What followed was an opinion

The issue is why Obama thanked Putin

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Obama went within miles of the place where the terrorist were while they were still lose with more bombs to pay respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join