It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Police: Bombing Suspect Is In Custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Boston Police: Bombing Suspect Is In Custody

bigstory.ap.org

WATERTOWN, Mass. (AP) — A 19-year-old college student wanted in the Boston Marathon bombings was taken into custody Friday evening after a manhunt that left the city virtually paralyzed and his older brother and accomplice dead
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Apparently, they've taken him alive and there is a photo of the police commissioner talking to him. I heard on the radio today that this was not a shoot to kill mission. There are few details in the article. I am not sure if the suspect is injured, but he is alive.

I've been following this story for days and feel as lost and uncertain about what's really going on as I did at the start. I don't really know what else to say.

bigstory.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Here it is on the scanner

Heres a news piece

Just posted a thread myself lol
edit on 19-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I searched right before I made this thread!

Mods - feel free to close this!

I've been watching the scanner, that's what lead me to do a search online ... all the clapping and hollering gave it away.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am glad he is alive, I hope they release the video evidence that prove they placed the bombs. I want transparency in this case

It is kind of disheartening to see all of the people rejoicing only because it makes the martial law taking place looks like such a great thing to many now
edit on 19-4-2013 by B2X2L because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

I heard a slip of the tongue on NPR radio in the car about 2:30 this afternoon that negotiators were talking with him. I found it very weird and took a break from the info on this case at this point. About 6pm I turned on the TV and heard that a negotiator was on the scene. I again took a break, came on now to ATS to find out he is captured.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

It is kind of disheartening to see all of the people rejoicing only because it makes the martial law taking place looks like such a great thing to many now

Not American, but you know such events affect all of us in some way.

Lockdowns, door-to-door searches, televised gun-battles, panic, drama... and in the background, a voice saying "Attention...we are here to protect."

Will this take place more frequently, becoming a "normal" thing? Only time will tell.

edit on 19-4-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by B2X2L

This was voluntary 'shelter-in-place,' the police had no way to enforce any sort of martial law.

People got out of the way so that police could find the guy.

The city lost millions of dollars because of this. This will never be a regular occurence.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Lets hope they caught the actual culprit and that he spills all the beans in court. I would hate to watching a patsy coverup everything as is the norm in such high profile cases. Billions of dollars in revenue were lost and people were discomforted.

It was about time too. Good job!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Voluntary? It was a mandatory lockdown.

The lockdown was only lifted minutes before "A civilian found the suspect hiding in his boat"

Evacuations occurred around the area then it came over the radio "Lockdown back in place".

Mandatory lockdowns IMO don't equate to Voluntary Shelter-In-Place.

top topics

join