I am amazed by ATS today Deny Ignorance LOL

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have visited many different threads today and am dumbfounded by what I read on this site. Is or isn't there a quest on this site to Deny Ignorance?

I will try to relate what I have read. Members making statements as fact about views the MSM retracted hours before. Made up stories given as fact's, factual statements removed ,
threads started to toot members own horns ( I read one where in the first 30 replies 26 of them were the op's).

Speculation stated as fact, paranoia , fear and delusions running wild. Is anyone else on the site looking for truth? Or are we hear just to guess at what the MSM spews at us. Christ people the event's of today are developing way to fast for anyone to make sense of them.

What has been going on today, is the banter that the press use's to make us look stupid. Everybody please settle down get some real facts together then present your cases. Don't go wildly grasping at straws this site is above average in intelligence, unlike many other sites.

We are the ones that should DENY IGNORENCE not participate in it.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

It's like a total feeding frenzy for sure. The after effects of the Sandy Hook shootings no doubt as everyone trying to take a bite out of the same piece of meat with that wild look in their eyes.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I do get what you are saying... but really all that is being reported by MSM is rather confusing at times; and I think people are just trying to make sense of it all.

Yes I know at times that some people really get carried away and out there with some of their statements and theories; but I figure it is just their way of dealing with stress.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I think we are of three camps here Rocky: (1) Those who blindly take whatever the MSM is spewing in each particular hour as Gospel, (2) Those who grasp at straws to create the most outlandish theories they can imagine and believe them as truth and fact and (3) Those who consider both sides and admit that anything is possible and that there are two sides to every pancake- with the truth lying somewhere in the batter. Unfortunately it seems the camps cant get along or consider that since all the facts are not in we are not even close to knowing what is true- and it can get really insane around here until that time comes.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
the raison d'etre for ATS is in fact speculation and "filling in the blanks" when there isn't enough information to go on, or the information is itself mistrusted.

It's a heady mix. If you only want to hear 'statements of facts,' well, that is what your TV is for.

People here miss a lot more than they hit. They are like duck hunters on opening day: they fill the air with buckshot, just hoping to hit something.

If it gets to you, just unplug for a while. You'll be back, soon enough.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Think your right littled,

IMO camp #2 makes us all look bad.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I do get what you are saying... but really all that is being reported by MSM is rather confusing at times; and I think people are just trying to make sense of it all.

Yes I know at times that some people really get carried away and out there with some of their statements and theories; but I figure it is just their way of dealing with stress.

I see your point to, But while it is confusing, I just don't see where making up things or rambling on about nonsense helps.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I see your point to, But while it is confusing, I just don't see where making up things or rambling on about nonsense helps.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

There is no way to separate the posters into any number of camps, especially, only three. It is a continuum spread across what is in the minds of the individuals of ATS. And that can change depending upon the topic. Some of us post as sorta experts (such as it is by ATS standards) in one field and ignoramuses in others. I include myself in that. Some are highly educated and some are near idiots that know little but how to turn on the 'puter.

You will be attracted to the area you know or want to know and join into those discussion which you feel comfortable, remain silent or you will senselessly make a mark otherwise. It is a cross-section of humanity at a few cuts above its worst levels.

If you are expecting on the forums a progress of wit and wisdom over the years, don't. People come and go. Regardless, of the turnover (assumedly is quite small per lists), we each have what we believe if not know to be true. Rarely will there be changes in that perspective resulting from info derived from an association with ATS. The best that can be hoped for is the gaining of a sense when leaving a thread of knowing than what we knew before the visit. That is the benefit of ATS. Even if you don't learn any factual data about topics, you will come away with a better understanding of how other people think about things and maybe yourself.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think the problem is a lot of people are either wholly ignorant of the world and society at large or are just simply to uneducated to further any sort of meaningful or coherent argument when discussing or debating the point with someone in a public forum. There is also the problem a lot of people are just really really dumb.

But hey, whatever generates site traffic right?, I see they have even pimped out the search function too now lol. How the world works unfortunately.

On a personal note I especially LOL at the people who seem to actually believe and actively participate in the threads concerning that T.V show they have in America, the one about all the guys in suits in the big fancy rooms giving speeches on laws or something? and every 4 years they have a big season finale with the shows top stars?, forget what its called. Elections U.S.A or Government YEEEHAW or something, I dunno, fun show though.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I had to S&F this rocky, you're 100% right.
A lot of people here think there is a conspiracy behind every closed door, an FBI agent behind every tree, and surveillance vans in front of every house. Sometimes, things are EXACTLY what they are, no more, no less.
Don't get me wrong tho, I'm in agreement with Lil, I feel I fall into camp #3, sometimes there are things behind an incident the govt doesn't tell us, either to quell panic, or to keep from hindering an active investigation.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Rocky, if you wouldn't mind my 2 cents. . . .

We are at the forefront of a new social media explosion. We are at a point where more and more people are dialing up rather than tuning in to the MSM.

The MSM has had a monopoly on relaying news for ever!

Now we have a medium that not only allows even the most nebbish of us to "star" but to become socially relevant as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer I always respect your opinion.

The point I was trying to make was, the valid theories help set this site above the others.

The mindless , factless speculation drags us down to the other level ( I can think of a few sites), and that is how people will view us if we don't point it out often and loudly.

We will not have a leg to stand on when in a debate with people who think we are crazy. All they will point out is the mindless babble, and ignore the rest.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You can fill a room with 100 conspiracy theorists and have 99 of them with valid points.

The media will always focus on the 1 who thinks his toilet is telling him stuff.
(Mine tells me the lottery numbers)

Unfortunately, we'll always carry the misconception that we walk around in tin foil hats and bark at furniture.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It seems harder and harder to convince people that not everything is a conspiracy and some things are just what they seem to be.

Too many people use their pre-conceived ideas to judge events as they are unfolding and are unwilling to wait until events are played out, the evidence is presented and consider them with an open mind to come to a reasoned and considered opinion.

And it seems increasingly common and acceptable to label anyone who agrees with the official line or who advocates waiting and not pre-judging as a government or NWO shill.

Don't get me wrong, I think most of us have been guilty of it at some time or other, but with some people it's everything is a false flag or NWO or something along them lines.

Yes, there are conspiracies but by labelling everything a conspiracy it devalues the whole conspiracy movement and discredits the real conspiracy's that occur. (Is that some sort of record for the amount of times the word 'conspiracy' was written in one sentence?)
edit on 20/4/13 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree but not with the percentages.

You can fill a room with 100 conspiracy theorists and have 99 of them with valid points.

99 will think they have valid points.

Only 60 will, and they media will focus on the other 40.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Read you post and agree.

Your last statement hit home for me the most.

Yes, there are conspiracies but by labelling everything a conspiracy it devalues the whole conspiracy movement and discredits the real conspiracy's that occur

That is the jist of my op, thank you for wording it better.

new topics

top topics

join