It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comparing Vitamin, Mineral and Energy Content of GMO vs. Non-GMO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

QUOTE:
After feeding hamsters for two years over three generations, those on the GM diet, and especially the group on the maximum GM soy diet, showed devastating results. By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies. They also suffered slower growth, and a high mortality rate among the pups.

And if this isn't shocking enough, some in the third generation even had hair growing inside their mouths--a phenomenon rarely seen, but apparently more prevalent among hamsters eating GM soy. END QUOTE

Everyone knows Russian scientist can not be trusted especially and Russian Hamsters are hairy already, no? .....Thanks for the post; interesting to say the least.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hi
should it be self-evident that a food with a given genetic make-up that has been altered, would have a different nutritional content as a consequence of the varied sequencing...from different species?!?!
really seems a moot question when considering the cause and effect: cause being the unsubstantiated need for increased production, that was already occurring in the absence of splicing...& effect being the lack of time tested validation and the 'patenting' of seeds and the consequent ruining of vast family farms around the globe.
hardly reasons to ask which is better, and if a person needs more than that then its likely to be an pointless discussion without true experience.... ... .. .
LOVE

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

So... there must be a lot of hairy mouthed cattle around?
Apparently not.
www.fass.org...
edit on 4/20/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah well i've seen enough to know that its dangerous, I suppose your going to deny the effects attributed to the hamsters? Rats fed gmo potato solely fight amongst themselves and bite their own tales off. but hey keep eating it and in 20 yrs we can compare medical bills.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

I suppose your going to deny the effects attributed to the hamsters?
I deny that the experiment demonstrated that the effects had anything to do with GMO. Four groups were used. Two of which were fed GMO corn. That does not constitute a valid experiment. That's not science, more than one of each group would be required to demonstrate a casual relationship. What it shows is that genetic traits within a selected group tend to reinforce themselves. But that was figured out a while ago.

Rats fed gmo potato solely fight amongst themselves and bite their own tales off.
Rats tell tales? I haven't seen that study but do you think that maybe other factors might be involved?

but hey keep eating it and in 20 yrs we can compare medical bills.
How do you know you're not eating it? No labeling required. Right?

Don't you think that if, after decades of use of GMO feeds, farmers would notice problems with their livestock?

edit on 4/21/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
if gw bush can declare ketchup a serving of vegetables
then it won't be long before the pesticide in GMO corn becomes a nutrient

edit on 21-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Probably not.
But you know that all plants contain natural pesticides, right?

All plants produce their own natural pesticides to protect them-
selves against fungi, insects, and predators such as man. Tens of
thousands of these natural pesticides have been discovered,and every
species of plant contains its own set of toxins, usually a few dozen.

www.fortfreedom.org...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Bilky

I suppose your going to deny the effects attributed to the hamsters?
I deny that the experiment demonstrated that the effects had anything to do with GMO. Four groups were used. Two of which were fed GMO corn. That does not constitute a valid experiment. That's not science, more than one of each group would be required to demonstrate a casual relationship. What it shows is that genetic traits within a selected group tend to reinforce themselves. But that was figured out a while ago.

Rats fed gmo potato solely fight amongst themselves and bite their own tales off.
Rats tell tales? I haven't seen that study but do you think that maybe other factors might be involved?

but hey keep eating it and in 20 yrs we can compare medical bills.
How do you know you're not eating it? No labeling required. Right?

Don't you think that if, after decades of use of GMO feeds, farmers would notice problems with their livestock?

edit on 4/21/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

How do I know that I'm not eating it? Because I only eat whole foods, anything else?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join