It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple ‘chemical bombs’ explode at Maine middle school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
A middle school in Bangor Maine had at least two homemade chemical bombs explode, one in a locker ,the other in a bathroom.

Bangor Public Schools Superintendent Ron Parker said a 15 year old special need student admitted to placing the bombs after being dared by another student. They also have security footage of him taking one into the bathroom.

No one was hurt thank god and they were not that big of explosions, (they were known as “works” and consisted of drain cleaner and aluminum in soda bottles), but I can't help but think about that scene from "The Butterfly Effect" where they put the dynamite in the mailbox and the mom and baby come to check the mail.

I Think any of the kids who dared him to do this should be charged with something as well , because obviously they knew he was gonna do it and did not stop him..

link

Parents in Bangor, Maine received automated alerts on Friday that at least three explosive devices had gone off at Bangor Middle School.

Bangor Public Schools Superintendent Ron Parker confirmed that at least two homemade devices had exploded in a locker at the middle school. Parker said that the simple devices were known as “works” and consisted of drain cleaner and aluminum in soda bottles

Can you imagin getting that automated alert.?

edit on 19-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've seen those types of "bombs" before, people do that all the time.. hell there are videos on youtube. This seems like another case of the sensationalist media's extensive coverage of an event. This special needs kid was dared by some other kid who thought it would be cool to be a copy cat, except he did it vicariously through another troubled kid.

I blame poor parenting and the sensational media.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

i think it would be fairer to blame the turd who egged him on and the school/education authorities for not providing the kid with enough support or accurately assessing his needs and the risks attached to these as well as a sensationalist media.
edit on 19-4-2013 by skalla because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

My kids used to make those kind all the time when they were little. They make more noise than do damage. I hope they aren't too harsh on the kid as I think it's something a lot of them try out at least once just to see what it will do.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

i'm with you on that - our media has heaps of "glamourous" explosions in movies etc and government and news often glorifies war in many ways. why would an impressionable kid with learning difficulties and bad influences around him not be attracted to try such stuff?
in my own work i've dealt with such a client group, and without saying too much i know kids who've tried this but as me and colleagues were clued up and observant we could cut such stuff off before folk got hurt or too much property got damaged.
heck, i know plenty folk without learning/social issues who played with explosives in jolly risky ways.. this kid really seems to me to have needed more support and better assessment of needs and risks - this should be fundamental in any educational establishment, particularly dealing with students with special needs.
edit on 19-4-2013 by skalla because: error

edit on 19-4-2013 by skalla because: typo, clarity

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am so sick of this world. Real terror. False flags. Copycats.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

If the adults had paid more attention to the kid and knew that he was interested in experimenting he could have done so in a more safe and supervised manner. Kids have a natural sense of curiosity that should be encouraged, and most kids that try this sort of thing grow up to be just fine. I agree with you that this boy needs more support and better assessment, especially since he is "special needs". Kids with proper support could grow to become chemists or special effects techs, or without it become arsonists or the "Unibomber".

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

Originally posted by eXia7

i think it would be fairer to blame the turd who egged him on and the school/education authorities for not providing the kid with enough support or accurately assessing his needs and the risks attached to these as well as a sensationalist media.
edit on 19-4-2013 by skalla because: typo

Well, that's what I meant, the kid who took advantage of the special needs kid was a result of poor parenting, didn't quite specify well enough.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
How do we know the bomber wasnt bullied?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
the bomb part is the least of your worry's with this mix .
it also makes hydrogen sulfide gas Which even a small amount is deadly
mixing house cleaners is a bad idea

new topics

top topics

join