It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lessons being learned from Boston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
As I watch the Boston tragedy unfold, I have to ask myself some questions.

1. What are the TPTB learning about 'shutting down' a metropolis? How long will the citizens cope with being 'kept safe' (read: imprisoned) in their own homes? How long before a majority becomes 'restless' (read: rebels) with the strict curfew? If 'restlessness' becomes a problem (read: riots), how much time would have elapsed in order to bring in other LEA's (read: military) to help with the 'restlessness'?

2. How long can a city incur a financial burden without being able to recover? What about those who work for an hourly salary? Most businesses are national, if not global, how are they affected?

3. What amount of trust do the citizens give those in charge? What if the LEO's came asking for weapons, not to take them away, but to keep them safe and out of the terrorists hands (don't worry, you will get them back when this is all over)? If you do go to the store can you be searched to make sure you or your family are not being held hostage? (Yeah, this third one is way extreme and pure speculation, but when was the last time we had an American city closed down?)

Just some random thoughts.
edit on 19-4-2013 by ObservingTheWorld because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well, I saw the police, some national guard men, and supposed HSA employees on the videos prior to the bombing. The police should be at these events to keep civility. The National Guard is there for Support if things go wrong. The Homeland Security people are there to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen in the first place. They were not doing a good job in this case, they should have been more observant of the crowds.

So everyone put on a big concerned looking show for the public but the fact still exists that someone screwed up in the first place. At least they are catching the people who did this....At least they think these two did it. They may not even be the ones who set the bomb, they did do another crime and shot a police officer though.

Learn not to only focus on things after an event. Watch what is happening before an event and while the event is happening. The presence of multiple agencies at an event does not deter a person doing these things, it makes it more challenging to them. We are feeding their ego. I would say keep the cops and national guard were needed, the local cops may have been intimidated by the HSA and may have sensed the bombs being placed if the other agency wasn't in charge..

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

Good point.

This is a test. We are the lab rats.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingTheWorld
... when was the last time we had an American city closed down?)

Just some random thoughts.
edit on 19-4-2013 by ObservingTheWorld because: Grammar

New Orleans. Hurricane Katrina.

new topics

top topics

join