It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston under Martial Law - how do we know and where does it lead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I believe that Martial law has been enacted and we as a nation have not been told. Not like they need to announce it. This is the definition

Martial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis.

The military is deployed. They are onsite. There are gun battles going on in the streets of the United States. They are trying to cover the severity of this but they cannot contain it anymore. There are some reports that up to 15 officers were injured last evening.

When the first new conference has a US official speaking and we no longer see the mayor or State cops it is again reaffirming that they are not in charge, but the government agencies are. They are already to that point in the investigation.

Once the president finally comes on and says that it has been enacted. That the 'people of interest' have fled Boston and it will spread. Remain calm and stay in your homes. We, the government are in control. We will let you know when it is over.

Go check out wikipedia...it is already updated to show that this is only the second time ever the US has enacted this. The last time was the Civil War..I am not saying that is proof but why?

I really really hope I am wrong but it fits the NK attack scenario also I posted.
edit on 19-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Does it even matter? Do you really want a debate whether to have martial law or not in a situation like this? I feel sad for you, you don't even trust your government a bit. The cops are your own people and you can't trust them? So what if martial law is initiated, how does that affect you?

The police enforcement have a greater responsibility and have to be ready whenever this happens. This doesn't mean that they're going to take over the world. Stop being so afraid, I laugh every time someone makes a thread on this site and they're all afraid of their government taking over their so called "rights". You don't have any rights, you should at least know that. If your government profits in killing you, trust me they will do it.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

It's incredible to see how fast the government can whip up 8000 LEOs when needed. It's a blessing, but incredibly scary as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

The Police Chief is now stating they are turning it over to the FBI. They local police have exhausted their search and pulling back and telling people that they will see a huge presence in the streets but they are not the lead.

What is really going on here...we just went from 0 to 300 to 0 and there is still someone out there...at least one.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Don't feel sad for me, feel sad for the people of Boston. I am posing a question in a situation that is unlike anything that has ever happened. 9/11 happened and it was over. This is different. You have a government who WANTS to take away your guns and are lobbying it in the MSM...Don't believe me...watch this...

Link

The enhanced presence will continue...Do you think they are pulling out and leaving the locals in charge?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In this event, I think it's extremely important to watch what the federal government does. We need to evaluate it for sanity and more importantly determine whether or not federal action threatens civil rights or moves unwarranted power from people and state to the federal. This event may very well vindicate the tin-foil-hat wearing goofballs like me and show that in fact they are trying to weaken the populace for a serious control move.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is raw video...listen and wait for it...I think we are hearing the death of the first one.

Link

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The questions I have is how long can they 'shut down' a major city. So far it's been 12 hours. Are they testing the waters to see how long it will take before rebellion sets in? This lets them know how long they have before they need major troops to suppress an uprising. How many troops can be mobilized to a metropolis in 12 hours?

Also, how much is it costing Boston in revenue? Most businesses run on a national, if not global scale. What about the hourly employees that are losing a days pay? Can the city withstand extend periods of closure and what would that mean to a larger city?

Don't get me wrong, I know this is a great tragedy. Everything should be done to find those involved and find out if this a larger plot or group. But at what greater cost?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

You are spot on. I am praying there is not a 'hit' in another city. The incident in San Jose as well as the Texas explosion seemed to coincidental. This is not a bank robbery suspect or OJ in the Bronco.

These are radicalized Muslims. They bombed a major sporting event killing and injuring hundreds. They then battled in the streets last night. This is a serious situation and it would be easy to push the final button. They could come and take your guns away while they are looking for those responsible. Tin hats or not we are at a scary precipice here folks.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Looks like police scanners are down. Why do that? The kid is also using social media. Time to turn of the internets?

They are on all day while they are searching and now they turn it all off after the decide to pull back. None of this make sense. The last one I could find is gone. If someone has a link please post it.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I find these events concerning, especially for one person, but let's look at a few facts.

The "MILITARY" (as in the Federal US armed forces) as far as I know, are not in charge. Ergo, no martial law in the strictest sense. Now, it may seem like it, sense the local, state, county, and city police have been "militarized" and they all look like some sort of soldier.

The Governor of the state cam call out the national guard to quell civil disturbance and to assist law enforcement.
That's perfectly legal...I am assuming that has been done. This too would look like martial law.

So, so far, this is not technically martial law.

HOWEVER; three things I have heard do concern me.

1) closing all subways, airspace, etc....unless their is the threat of other suspects/multiple attackers that seems a bit excessive. If you know he is in a certain area corden it off. Apparently they were wrong, or he is one elusive dude.

2) Going door to door is iffy....I suppose you could call it "probable cause" or for "public safety", but what happens if you don't let the cops in...maybe wife is in the shower, you know everything is ok, well you need a warrent to come in, so what happens to 4th amendment in this situation if its refused. I mean if it was a foreign group or army , and it was a "war" you might be able to justify it. But again, as far as we know only one guy is being pursued. If this guy stabbed a couple people in the mall do you think they would go to this extreme. Granted a bomber is technically more dangerous, but still seems a bit like overkill.

3) I heard we were randomely detaiing people on the streets. That's iffy as well.

4) I do kind of feel that the large reaction is a combination of "knee jerk" along with "let's test some of our larger scale contingency planning and see how it works"....less likely, but still possible that someone is wondering, "how far can we push this" before regular folks start getting irritated.

edit on 19-4-2013 by SrWingCommander because: spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

It is the push, as you describe, to see what will people do. What did they do? Nothing...they all rolled over out of fear. Most of use would.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

If you have any questions about martial law being enforced in Boston right now, look no further than this snippet, I think it says it all.

(Reuters) - An ethnic Chechen suspected in the Boston Marathon bombings remained at large on Friday as heavily armed police and Black Hawk helicopters scoured a Boston suburb in a day-long manhunt that virtually shut down the city.

Black Hawk helicopters? Ah, I see.......

Source
edit on 19-4-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

top topics

join