It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Justin Trudeau's Boston Comments.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Justin has been under HEAVY fire from Converstaives for the following statement:

"We have to look at the root causes. Now, we don’t know now if it was terrorism or a single crazy or a domestic issue or a foreign issue. But there is no question that this happened because there is someone who feels completely excluded. Completely at war with innocents. At war with a society. And our approach has to be, okay, where do those tensions come from?"

Now Harpers reaction:

"When you see this type of violent act, you do not sit around trying to rationalize it or make excuses for it or figure out its root causes. You condemn it categorically, and to the extent you can deal with the perpetrators, you deal with them as harshly as possible."

NOW let's look at what the Suspect said recently:

'I don't have a single American friend'

www.calgaryherald.com...

IMO, Justin's comment DOES have merit and shouldn't be criticized as heavily as it has, even before or after the suspects own words came to the public light.

What do you fellow Canadians think?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
all the harper conservatives here on the home front in the bush
hate liberals
and they
hate muslims

and they realise most of Canada is actually made of Canadians who WILL vote if Trudeau runs
goodebye harper and your 40 percent majority
and goodby vigilante justice

they are scared

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Typical Harper. Condemn and attack. Hey, it's worked in the past, why not again? Because Justin is a "new" politician and Canadians don't much care for American type politics. It's worked because Lib's leaders have been crap and, hey, crap sticks to crap. Stevie will find that this type of campaign will actually work against him if he tries it with Justin. He will though. He's Harper.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
LOL

People are giving Justin crap for having a neutral, and logical view of the events and the steps that should be taken?

That's hilarious.

Harper on the other hand, basically says hang them by their feet, whoever and by whatever means necessary, and he gets praise?

My god, I sure do hope my fellow Canadians are more inclined to listen to Justin than Harper on this issue, otherwise, I fear the we've all fallen pray to sensationalism.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Seems reactionary trumps rationality - until the voters hit the polls in Canada.

Trudeau DID help the people even if he may have been lining his own pockets whilst doing so. Unlike the other guys who don't even bother to pretend. Sure hope Justin is half the man -and statesman- his daddy was.

edit on 19/4/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

It's not either/or.

BOTH of those statements have merit, and each on their own, is insufficient as a policy statement or reaction.

That Harper would so quickly jump on Trudeau and politicize Trudeau's statement, which is much more complex and nuanced, and compassionate, shows more about Harper's character than Trudeau's, imho as a Canadian, eh?

Edit to add: Harper just lost my support with his cold, black and white, politically slick attack on someone expressing a human desire to understand and to prevent such things from happening, not as a matter of beefed up security or military affairs, but in human affairs.

Trudeau is speaking from the heart here, and Harper is speaking from nothing but vain and self-serving political opportunism (to score points).

We Canadians are astute and sensitive to this kind of thing, and this doesn't help me to like Harper more, this type of political attack, at this time, let me just say that much.

That Trudeau appears to be correct, in hindsight, ought also be taken into consideration here as well, leaving Harper to look like Bush Jr. waving in the wind like an NWO-styled flag of solidarity in the good vs. evil absolutist camp of fight or flight, reaction-response mentality designed to drive the intended "wedge" home into the hearts and minds of the people..

Regards,

NAM

edit on 19-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

See? It's not going to work against Justin. Canadians were OK when Stevie slammed Stephane and Iggy. They deserved it. Justin not part of the old school. Well, his name but that can be a positive and a negative.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I like Trudeau. He's got some learning to do for sure, but his heart's in the right place, whereas we're not even sure that Harper HAS a heart..

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If a society can fix the root causes of a problem, there's less of a problem.

Prevention has always been a good thing.

new topics

top topics

join