I do not see how this could happen today...explan it to me. How would this happen, how would it start and play out...I just doen't see it
Personally, YEAH I'm outraged by whats going on in the world, BUT come on it takes all I have to raise 2 kids by myself, I dont have the time
to start a civil war!!
To answer both your concerns/questions
Possible scenorio for civil war from most likely to least likely:
1. Terrost attacks across US
2. Red Alert nationally declared
2. Constitution and Bill of rights suspended, martial law enforced.
3. Thousands detained en masse with executive order in detention camps
4. Civil unrest and war follows on a massive scale
The above scenorio is the often spoken scenorio, this is only because it is very real, as we are continuously being reminded by the state of the
eminent terrorist attacks and how unsafe we are, and using this as a pretext, mock drills are being carried out all over the country.
1. US attacks Iran/Syria
2. Anti-war protests erupt at home
3. State suppresses protests with patriot act, detains protestors en masse and police brutality occurrs. Protestors are prosecuted as domestic
4. Civil unrest and war follows on a moderate scale
This scenorio is also based on facts and actual events that have occurred. Anti-war protests have been suppressed, sometimes, brutally by the police
and protestors have been detained. However, now with the Patriot act, the penalities are even more servre, and protestors can be tried as domestic
I'm sure you can agree, there is going to be a fierce rebellion against further wars instigated by America, even greater than the one for Iraq. This
rebillion will only be worsened by active suppression.
1. US reinstates draft/US issues national cards or standardises the practice of microchipping
2. Protests against these erupt
3. Civil unrest follows on a limited scale.
This is a less likely scenorio, but nonetheless a real one. I know, as a freedom loving citizen, I would never allow a government to microchip me or
designate me with an ID, or send me of to war. I am sure, a sizable group of people, would also reject such attempts by the state and would unite
against the state.
The other possibility is one emerging soon, because of Bush's re-election, as there seems to be a rebillion forming against him as we speak. However,
I think it is unlikely, that it will lead to civil war, though may contribute to the alienation of people.
The possibility for civil war is very real, and made real, by everything that is happening right now, by US policies and by laws like the patriot act,
executive orders, and Ashcroft's contingency plans, that we continue to endure.
I do not wish for any of this to happen, because it has such global ramifications, and the potential to trigger an apocalyptic war. However, if any of
these scenorios materialise, some of us may have no choice, but to fight, and that too, for our family, friends and the values we cherish about
[edit on 4-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]