It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads Up: New Episode on H2 - "Ancient Aliens: The Monoliths" - Friday April 19, 2013

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

New Episode

April 19, 2013

'Ancient Aliens: The Monoliths'

I know one of the most interesting aspects of alien activity and lore has to do with monoliths. One of the most highly regarded works of alien cinematography comes to us in the form of Arthur C. Clarke & [size=-39]Stanley Kubrick's : 2001: A Space Odyssey. . A monolith plays an important role in the film, as much of the script is directly linked to the mysterious, off-world monolith.

Not only are monoliths found in fictional works, they are also the subject of much speculation. Many examples of this monolith speculation can be found right here on ATS, in many threads by our own members. Ranging from new and interesting angles on issues that have been the center of much speculation, to new and extremely mysterious objects found in photos from amateur astronomers and even some photos from NASA archives

If you are planning on watching the new 'Ancient Aliens: The Monoliths' episode, you may want to take a few minutes to see the work of your ATS peers:
~

The nearly decade old thread, 'Apollo 10 gets Glimpse of a Extra-Terrestrial Monolith in Space', by 'AboveTopSecret.com'
is a good example and even has a reference to '2001' when Super Moderator Gazrok comments:

"Ok, it has to be said by someone.... "My god....it's full of stars!" "

~

In July of 2008, 'mikesingh' delivered the successful 'Strange Alien Structures on Eros and Miranda! Whodunit?' thread to the ATS 'General Conspiracy' forum. Members awarded this thread 68 flags and the discussion lasted for 8 pages.

~

July 23, 2009 saw ATS'er 'HunkaHunka' open 'Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars' Moon!!!', creating one of the most successful threads related to the 'Alien Monolith' topic.

It now boasts 110 FLAGS and is coupled with 16 pages of discussion.

~

In July of 2009, ATS member 'Super70' authored 'Monolith on Mars? Interesting Image' .

Although it is very interesting and entertaining, it remains a particularly easy read, as there are few - if any - extremely long speculation/off-topic posts to consider. Even though it is a simple, straight forward thread, it garnered 80 FLAGS and went on for 11 pages.

~

Monolith Threads in the ATS Archives

I linked the threads I feel offer the most, without requiring hours of reading, so I do recommend those to anyone who has yet to check them out.

edit on 19-4-2013 by esteay812 because: tyops!

edit on 19-4-2013 by esteay812 because: crkshn

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Great thread and here I was expecting
just the "heads up" about the show.
Which I'd like to thank you very much for or
I would have missed it.
edit on 19-4-2013 by sealing because: Sp

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Saw a spot for this last night. Looking forward to it.

S+F

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

It's NOT Stanley Kubricks 2001 A Space Odyssey, It's Arthur C. Clarke's.

2nd

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was hoping to see some ancient aliens memes

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

'One of the most highly regarded works of alien cinematography'

My apologies, I assumed the '2001: A Space Odyssey' cinema release was Kubrick's, I didn't realize it belonged to someone else...

I appreciate the correction, though it is trivial in relation to the thread's topic.
edit on 19-4-2013 by esteay812 because: +mrcntnt

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by alldaylong

My apologies, I assumed the '2001: A Space Odyssey' cinema release was Kubrick's, I didn't realize it belonged to someone else...

Arthur C Clarke wrote the story "The Sentinel" He worked with Kubrick to produce 2001 A Space Odyssey from the same book.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The story is a collaboration between both men.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) is a science fiction novel by Arthur C. Clarke. It was developed concurrently with Stanley Kubrick's film version and published after the release of the film. The story is based in part on various short stories by Clarke, most notably "The Sentinel" (written in 1948 for a BBC competition, but first published in 1951 under the title "Sentinel of Eternity"). For an elaboration of Clarke and Kubrick's collaborative work on this project, see The Lost Worlds of 2001, Arthur C. Clarke, Signet, 1972.
goo.gl...

2001: A Space Odyssey is a 1968 British-American science fiction film produced and directed by Stanley Kubrick. The screenplay was co-written by Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke, and was partially inspired by Clarke's short story The Sentinel. Clarke concurrently wrote the novel of the same name which was published soon after the film was released.
goo.gl...

edit on 19-4-2013 by Heliophant because: Fixed links

edit on 19-4-2013 by Heliophant because: Links still broke due to special characters. Using Google link shortener to the Wiki pages.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I thought this might be a rerun...are we sure it is new? Or, is Ancient Aliens just repeating material, at this point?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

Oh yes, it is new. I believe they are a few episodes into a new season. I know for a while the new episodes seemed to be aired sporadically, but now they are being aired on Fridays.

Last week's episode was decent and the new episode of 'America's Book of Secrets' followed it with the 'Ancient Aliens' as the topic for that too. However, 'America's Book of Secrets' new episode tonight has an unrelated topic... 'The KKK aka Ku Klux Klan'

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

Thank you for the information, I am sure it will help in the future...

It's terrible to make even small mistakes in a forum environment, as the mistake - no matter how inconsequential - seems to always cause people to completely disregard the actual topic of the OP and focus on a very trivial aspect.

Thanks again for the information, moving forward, hopefully others will see it has been mentioned a few times and focus on the main topic.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Indeed.

There are a number of monoliths scattered across the solar system, according to some people. Some of those people include astronauts, astronomers, etc. The one supposedly on Phobos and our own Moon are particularly interesting to me. Looking forward to the new episode.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

I've noticed a lot of members mentioning how the new episodes are re-hashed material, I can see why. I hope they are able to present this aspect without resorting to common knowledge among the 'aliens/ufo' audience.

Out of all the incredible things talked about in the Alien/UFO field, the monoliths are also one of my favorite. I think it's because they are obviously there, they are obviously real, and there is no definitive explanation.

If I remember correctly, one - or more - of the monoliths are shown to be more than a mile high. In fact, I think some have claimed one of them being more than 5 miles high! That's incredible, especially considering there is nothing else in the topography that resembles the object/s.

For all I know, they could be natural features of the landscape. It is just hard to imagine that to be the case, because I have never seen anything similar to compare them to.

If they are alien and, since I have no idea what they could be used for, I like to imagine they are something like a periscope. Maybe there are underground aliens and they use the extremely tall structures to view the surface region and beyond...

The Maybes:

Maybe they are even used for communication purposes or scientific study.
Maybe they are hi-tech objects placed there for us to find, once we advance far enough.
Maybe they are there to signal their creators of our advancement, queing them to return and harvest us!
Maybe there are thousands or even hundreds of thousands other 'Earth-like' planets that have the same sort of monoliths placed in their region, each designed to signal the creator of the planet's maturity.
Maybe they are growing all these planets to be used as a food or fuel source and the Monoliths are simply 'dinner-bells'!

Hopefully that isn't true and stays in fantasyland!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

One of the most highly regarded works of alien cinematography comes to us in the form of Arthur C. Clarke & Stanley Kubrick's : 2001: A Space Odyssey.
I didn't know that Geoffrey Unsworth (the cinematographer) was an alien.

But that (those) monoliths did something. They weren't actually monoliths. A monolith is a hunk of stone.

1. A large block of stone, especially one used in architecture or sculpture.
2. Something, such as a column or monument, made from one large block of stone.
3. Something suggestive of a large block of stone, as in immovability, massiveness, or uniformity.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

edit on 4/21/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Is this series 6, as I think its not on in the UK yet or have I missed it.

I love all the series so far, but I think I am up to series 5 in the UK, I may have to watch them all again and then hopefully pick up this new series once it comes to the UK.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
S&F

FINALLY get to see this!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I enjoy this series, because it fits my over-active imagination and helps me fantasize that maybe aliens have visited the earth for some reason or another.
edit on 24-4-2013 by ProphetZoroaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetZoroaster
I enjoy this series, because it fits my over-active imagination and helps me fantasize that maybe aliens have visited the earth for some reason or another.

!!! ProphetZoroaster !!!,Welcome to ATS and thanks for the reply!

I have a similar opinion as you and I do like to visit 'FantasyLand' often. Since there is no 100% undeniable evidence, most theories must remain in 'FantasyLand'. Like many people, I have an idea that aliens may have visited us in the past and may potentially be visiting us in the present.

Also, I have long believed that progress can be linked to an over-active imagination. Most of our fantasies resemble reality, but with outlandish additions. The additional dynamics, separating 'waking reality' from our fantasy worlds, can be drawn upon to develop new technologies and answer other questions too.

There is no telling how fast and far we could advance if everyone would lower their guard and exercise their imagination more often.

Besides our imagination being place where we can conjure up fantastic ideas, machines, and other devices, it's also very fun!

Again, Thanks for the post and
[Size=4] Welcome to AboveTopSecret!!!

edit on 24-4-2013 by esteay812 because: I'm practicing ATS' bb coding format

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome esteay812,

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Every episode of this terrible show is just more of the same.

Overly dramatic music and editing, a narrator trying very hard to sound serious while asking questions like - 'Could aliens have come to Earth in the distant blah blah blah blah.' Cut to stock footage of an ancient structure which, like, no human being could ever have built. I mean, come on! Them rocks are, like, heavy and stuff.

'Could these stones, which have been cut in this certain vaguely-defined special way have been the work of aliens, who came to Earth for vague, undefined reasons?'

All the while, you can practically hear the incredulity in the poor man's voice at the sort of things he has to say to earn his paycheque from the so-called 'History' channel.

It's just pure, undiluted BS packaged and tied up with a nice bow for the new agey-types who eat this # up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join